1.    #1  
    Just received in mail and was able to use setup to get navigator and voice to treo 650 using missing sync. I am totally baffled as to how to get maps. I have like 7 cd's and when i try to move any of map data to missing sync in won't go to the install screen. Please advise!!!
    Here's how I do it.
    1)Insert Map CD
    2)Double click on "TomTomSetuP"
    Go through the steps to select the Palm device
    Select add maps option.
    3 Select the maps that you want to add to your Treo
    Do a"hotsync" anf the maps will be added to your Treo

The only tricky/iffy step is double clicking "TomTomSetup". Everything is pretty much self explanatory.

Don Smith
    You need to copy the maps to the SD Card directly in this order: xxAREAxx-map.

Example on the root of my SD card I have:
    Florida-Map
    voices
    TomTom
    PALM

There is nothing really in the PALM folder for TomTom, but you can put START.PRC and CN.PRC in there to launch from the card.

Can I guess you already upgraded to 5.12? If you did, just delete it and get 5.11 installed and working before doing the 5.12 or you will have the same problem. The installer is not really intended for a MAC, but you can get it to work. If you want more detail about the files in my folders I will happy to oblige.

Derek
    Quote Originally Posted by computerfixitguy
    You need to copy the maps to the SD Card directly in this order: xxAREAxx-map.

Example on the root of my SD card I have:
    Florida-Map
    voices
    TomTom
    PALM

There is nothing really in the PALM folder for TomTom, but you can put START.PRC and CN.PRC in there to launch from the card.

Can I guess you already upgraded to 5.12? If you did, just delete it and get 5.11 installed and working before doing the 5.12 or you will have the same problem. The installer is not really intended for a MAC, but you can get it to work. If you want more detail about the files in my folders I will happy to oblige.

Derek
    I am using LauncherX and the CN.prc icon doesn't show itself (Navigator icon shows up OK). The only way I can launch CN (while in RAM) is to first revert to the Treo 650's default "Applications" where the CN shows itself and can be launched.

I currently have the CN file on the handheld (RAM). I also tried moving it to the Palm folder and the Launcher folders on the SD card but when located in either of these folders I couldn't locate the CN icon at all to launch it.

Do you have any suggestions?
    I'm having a similar problem in that i cant put the app OR maps on my SD. the app installs fine on the internal memory, but obviously not enough room for the maps. when i run setup, files are put into documents>palm>users>username>tomtom navigator. when i run missing sync, those files will automatically go to the internal memory. if i want to actually drop it to SD, i find that i have to move it to a folder in palm called "files to install" . . . that is documents>palm>users>username>files to install. The problem here is that i get a sync error from Missing Sync . . . 10760. I can mount the card using Missing Sync and the files are put on the card but its as if the files arent associated with anything and the program doesnt run properly. TomTom will gives me a looping error . . . armcode not allocated.

While I'm waiting for TomTom support to get back to me, does anyone have any suggestions or comments on what they might have done differently?
    I'm on a Powerbook 15" running OSX 10.4.3 and a Treo 650 running Verizon 1.04 firmware and a 1GB SanDisk SD card. And I did run the installation from TomTom Setup 1.0.4 that was suggested on the TomTom site.