Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. ostinato's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have had two spontaneous resets recently - today and on the 3rd that Crash Pro indicates were associated with Takephone. On the 3rd I was using build 093 and today build 095. Both occurred when I ended a call. Any ideas?
  2. #2  
    Hi,

    Are you using TAKEphONE from the SD card ?

    Also - are you using any other telephony related apps, like Butler, VolumeCare, CallFilter, Treu guard ... etc. ?

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  3. ostinato's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #3  
    Yes, volumecare 4 and btmute. However I have been using these all along. Prior this my next previous reset associated with TakePhone was on 10/18. I have been keeping up with your beta edition closely so which ever was current at that time was probably on this Treo 650. I also updated volume care recently. Hmm.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ostinato
    Yes, volumecare 4 and btmute. However I have been using these all along. Prior this my next previous reset associated with TakePhone was on 10/18. I have been keeping up with your beta edition closely so which ever was current at that time was probably on this Treo 650. I also updated volume care recently. Hmm.

    Hi,

    It could be somethin related to how the applications work TOGETHER, since they all chain in to the system notification of telephony events.

    I will try to set up my Treo with the same combination, to see if I can recreate this.

    In the meantime - please try changing the order in which those apps are enabled (try making TAKEphONE enabled first, then try with TAKEphONE enabled last), and see if that changes things.

    Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  5. ostinato's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #5  
    OK - you just exceeded my capacity to control the treo. How do you set the enabled order?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ostinato
    OK - you just exceeded my capacity to control the treo. How do you set the enabled order?
    1. Disable all apps.
    2. Enable TAKEphONE first, then the other/s.
    3. Try...

    4. Disable all apps.
    5. Enable other/s, then TAKEphONE.
    6. Try...

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  7. ostinato's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #7  
    Well I was about to write you and tell you I've had no more resets when I got another one this afternoon that was associated with TakePhone. This time I was revising an appointment time DateBk5 and then pressed the phone button to get to Takephone when it happened. I immediately tried to reproduce it but it didn't do it again. If Halloween wasn't past I'd be thinking gremlins.

    Seriously though, in the past, I've had a few other instances when I wondered if Takephone and DateBk5 were completely compatible but I've never had this close of an association. Crash Pro showed the reset associated with Takephone by the way.
  8. #8  
    I have pretty much the same setup and no problems with resets use Datebk and Volumecare. Have you tried reinstalling the programs. One of them may be corrupted. I also know that CrashPro is not always accurate. Treo may reset when TakePhone is activated but may not have caused the reset. CrashPro only know the last instance of what happened not necessarily the cause. It is not always right.
  9. ostinato's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #9  
    No I haven't tried reinstalling them but I will. Thanks for the fast feedback.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    1. Disable all apps.
    2. Enable TAKEphONE first, then the other/s.
    3. Try...

    4. Disable all apps.
    5. Enable other/s, then TAKEphONE.
    6. Try...

    Thanks.
    EXcuse me for being dense, but how do you disable the apps?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    EXcuse me for being dense, but how do you disable the apps?
    Simplest way is to delete them, the install in the order I mentioned.

    But you can also disable each app in it's preferences.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  12. ostinato's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #12  
    Here is something I don't understand related to the save function when you try to add a logged phone number to an existing contact. Essentially when I press the "add to" button it brings you the list of contacts which I would expect. Then when you select a contact to add the number to, there doe not appear to be a next step. In other words, I can't figure out how to "paste" the number in the cantact.

    If I "copy" the number in the first detail box that appears and then open>edit the contact I can paste it but I seem to remember there is/was an easier way.

    What am I doing wrong?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ostinato
    Here is something I don't understand related to the save function when you try to add a logged phone number to an existing contact. Essentially when I press the "add to" button it brings you the list of contacts which I would expect. Then when you select a contact to add the number to, there doe not appear to be a next step. In other words, I can't figure out how to "paste" the number in the cantact.

    If I "copy" the number in the first detail box that appears and then open>edit the contact I can paste it but I seem to remember there is/was an easier way.

    What am I doing wrong?
    Hi,

    Let me make sure I understand.
    You go to call-log, tap the "Details" button, and see the call-log entry.
    You tap "Add to", and are taken to the main FIND window of TAKEphONE.
    Now you press keys and find a contact, then press OK to open it's "Details" view.

    What happens now ?
    Do you see it's "Details" view ?
    Or do you see a list of it's phone fields ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  14. ostinato's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #14  
    I see what I would see if I just found a name to call - a list of phone fields anyone of which is editable if you tap on the name of the field at the left side of the screen. If I choose a field to edit, it will not paste the number from the phone log unless you tell it to copy the number before you begin the process.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ostinato
    I see what I would see if I just found a name to call - a list of phone fields anyone of which is editable if you tap on the name of the field at the left side of the screen. If I choose a field to edit, it will not paste the number from the phone log unless you tell it to copy the number before you begin the process.
    Hi,

    What version of TAKEphONE are you using ?
    Is it the latest from www.shsh.com/beta ?

    Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  16. #16  
    Hi all,

    New build - 6.50 (096) - is at www.shsh.com/beta

    - Call-log "Details" screen: allow navigation to "Copy" button with 5-way nav.

    - When trial expires - allow user to restore factory default behaviour of PHONE button.

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    New build - 6.50 (096) - is at www.shsh.com/beta
    There's something wrong with the prc; I get errors trying to install it after downloading the archive to my card and unzipping it.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    There's something wrong with the prc; I get errors trying to install it after downloading the archive to my card and unzipping it.
    Just tested it - look ok here...

    Did you try to re-download ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Just tested it - look ok here...

    Did you try to re-download ?
    Three times now - no luck. HandZipper Light seems to have a problem with it - can you provide a link to the prc?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  20. #20  
    Here you go...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions