1.    #1  
    SplashPhoto's slideshow was not working with my Treo 650. The mp3 would randomly skip or jump, and sometimes the picture would come up corrupted. Since I just bought the new HK speaker set for the 650, I really wanted to get this working. I also wanted to test out Butler (mp3 alarms) so I could wake up to mp3s. Everytime I tried to test play a mp3 alarm through Butler, I'd get a "codec not found" message. So I hard reset and did a fresh install and both apps worked great. About this time I also discovered Palm Internals and started measuring the speed of my apps and trying to figure out what to delete and what to keep to make my system more stable and faster.

I went one by one down the line until I discovered the culprit. UDMH, Unlimited Dynamic Memory Hack used mainly to play game emulators requiring more memory. It was the cause of the problem with SplashPhoto and Butler. Yes, I had tried to add them as apps to "disable UDMH" when they were run, but that did not matter. In fact, turning off or deleting UDMH wasn't enough! You have to soft reset the machine after it is deleted to really turn it off. Only then, have my SplashPhoto slideshows started to work.

My system is so much more stable now. I wish I could have it only enabled for the apps that I wanted (LJP) but it seems to mess with your system as long as it is in your internal memory.

Hope this helps somebody else out there..
    That sucks. Was just about to purchase UDMH so I can use LJP. I still on the trial period. So far though I don't have any issues with my Butler or any app for that matter.
    same here... i thought it was the pocket tunes problem with jumping...
    are you guys using the latest version, 5.3 i think. it's still not released so you have to find it onpalmpowerups' forums. i'm using that one without problems.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    are you guys using the latest version, 5.3 i think. it's still not released so you have to find it onpalmpowerups' forums. i'm using that one without problems.
    I've been using v5.3 of UDMH for a couple of weeks now.

No problem with Splashphoto or PTunes.

Without UDMH I would not be able to use my Satnav reliably.

I have had a problem with Ptunes jumping some WMA files, but this seesm to be releated to FAT32 in my ROM.

Make sure you are using the 5.3 beta, it's a total re-write.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I've been using UDMH for about a year now, no problems at all with pTunes or anything else. I don't have any games on my Treo.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    That sucks. Was just about to purchase UDMH so I can use LJP. I still on the trial period. So far though I don't have any issues with my Butler or any app for that matter.
    BTW, did you notice that the post you were commenting on is a year old.

I think you will find that all problems are resolved now
    Thought of the day :
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    BTW, did you notice that the post you were commenting on is a year old.

I think you will find that all problems are resolved now
    November was a year ago? Damn time really is flying these days!

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    November was a year ago? Damn time really is flying these days!

Sorry I thought it was May(10 months), it's the way us Brits write our dates, my mistake

It still makes me grin when I hear an American say 2 by 4, we say 4 by 2 ( wood measurment )
    Thought of the day :
  10.    #10  
    I can confirm that the newest version of UDMH does not impact speed tests (PalmInternals) nor does it conflict or create problems like the earlier version (SplashPhoto, Butler).

MUCH better! :-)