1.    #1  
    what is a program that will let me view my computer from my 650. I had one before but i forget what it was called.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Search for RemotePlus, MobileTS, Win-hand...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    PalmVNC
    find it at www.01com.com
  5. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I've used PalmVNC with wi-fi enabled Palms. How do you guys use it with the Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM
    I've used PalmVNC with wi-fi enabled Palms. How do you guys use it with the Treo?
    By setting up Bluetooth as described here; it's not trivial, but the author really knows his stuff:
    http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/

I tried the release-version PalmVNC version at first, but then found that there are some nice added features in the "bleeding edge" version 2.0.6-dev build 226.

In particular, I was able to assign the calendar button (Hardkey 2) and memo button (Hardkey 3) to perform up and down scrolling on the remote PC. Unfortunately the five-way only permits scrolling locally on the Palm, which is not what I was trying to achieve.

It would be nice if I could also use the volume keys in some fashion, but so far I haven't been able to figure this out. It would also be nice if I could figure out how to enter a caret (^) as one of the characters in PalmVNC's key macros, but so far have struck out with both the keyboard and Graffiti Anywhere.

The bottom line is that I never have to touch the keyboard on the computer which is sitting across the room. I mostly read the computer's screen, not the Treo's screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM
    PalmVNC uses your data connection GPRS/EDGE and the equivalent on the CDMA side. It's slower than wifi obviously but it does work.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    PalmVNC uses your data connection GPRS/EDGE and the equivalent on the CDMA side. It's slower than wifi obviously but it does work.
    that is another alternative, but by using the bluetooth solution you can avoid all the overhead of traversing the internet when you're just trying to access a computer across the room. e.g. after I finish typing and sending this message on my treo via vnc, I can temporarily disconnect my laptop from the internet yet continue to access local applications from the treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63
    that is another alternative, but by using the bluetooth solution you can avoid all the overhead of traversing the internet when you're just trying to access a computer across the room. e.g. after I finish typing and sending this message on my treo via vnc, I can temporarily disconnect my laptop from the internet yet continue to access local applications from the treo.
    True, but I would think most folks who are looking for this type of solution are going to be more than 15 - 30 feet away from their PC
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I use RemotePlus and it works ok, especially with the treo 650's high res screen. However, even on Edge it runs very slow and frequently locks up. If it was on WiFi I'm guessing it would work great.