1.    #1  
    I got unlocked Cingular 650 1.31FW/1.15-CNG SW

Is it possible to convert it to ROW software??
    I really want to get rid of Cingular favorites and their software (Xpress Mail, GetGood)

I'm pretty sure it was possible with my 600, cause it was Rogers branded, and now it has ROW software on it.
    How can I do it with 650?
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SickFinga

I really want to get rid of Cingular favorites and their software (Xpress Mail, GetGood)

I'm pretty sure it was possible with my 600, cause it was Rogers branded, and now it has ROW software on it.

Here ya go.
  3.    #3  
    ive seen that one
    but it kinda didnt make sense.
    It says FW1.23.
    Why would I need firmware, I thought all this Cigular stuff is in the rom??

Also, it shows how to update from FW1.04. My firmware is 1.31, I dont think it would let me downgrade to 1.23
  4.    #4  
    bump
    You have to use fw 1.23 because it doesn't check the current version of the rom.

Once done, you can install any ROW version you want.

stipus

I can tell you that I converted to ROW, then when Cingular came out with 15/1.31, I went back to the Cingular firmware. I can't imagine the new ROW would be any different, as long as its GSM. Just follow the instructions on the download, and it will work just fine. I'm tempted to go to the new ROW myself, but haven't decided to work it into my day yet, and but for a soft reset here and there, about two or three time a week, it has been a reliable and essential tool. I can't consider it "broke" enough to try and fix it.
  7.    #7  
    I followed instructions and already converted to ROW.
    Thanks guys

SAKozicki, why did you go back?
    I followed instructions and already converted to ROW.
    Thanks guys

SAKozicki, why did you go back?
    I think at first, it was a desire to have the latest and greatest, specifically designed for my phone. I think it also had something to do with the sound being better and getting better memory management. Now, I've gotten older and more cautious, wanting not to screw up something which I have come to rely upon, even if it is imperfect. 'Kind of like marriage.