1.    #1  
    Hi, I am a newbie so sorry if this has been covered before. I bought my VZW Treo 650 last Saturday and I am going to buy a 1 or 2GB SanDisk card. I want to buy a backup program because I have my Palm program on my work computer and if I have to do a hard reset and I am not near my office I want to be able to restore all my info back onto the unit. That is possible to do, correct? What programs do I need to due this task besides a backup program? What size card should I get if I am not concerned about the money? And do I get a San Disk SD original blue or a Ultra II card? I called San Disk and they said get the original blue, but I called PalmOne and they said any card is compatible. I see a lot of people use the Ultra II card, why, does it run faster? Sorry if I duplicated some of this post earlier in my other post about the SD card topic.
    RescoBackup will do a full backup on any speed card in under a minute (usually). It's the only backup program I trust (i.e. the only one that truly works, IMO). Ultra I, II, etc., will really only provide a speed advantage in high-megapixel digital cameras, etc. You will not see THAT much of a difference in the Treo (at least in my experience).
  3.    #3  
    I went to Best Buy and bought the original blue San Disk SD 1GB card. Thanks for your help.
  4.    #4  
    I did some searches on RESCO Backup and it seems to get good reviews. Where can I find it to purchase it and do I download it to my SD card and run it from there or do I put it on RAM memory? I hope I am saying that correctly?
    Last edited by Buldawg; 11/07/2005 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    I did some searches on RESCO Backup and it seems to get good reviews. Where can I find it to purchase it and do I download it to my SD card and run it from there or do I put it on RAM memory? I hope I am saying that correctly?
    Unless you want to do timed regular backups, I'd recommend getting Resco Explorer instead. It includes their excellent backup utility but you can't set up backups at predetermined times. But it is also an excellent file manager with many additional features. You can find both at http://www.resco.net/.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  6.    #6  
    The explorer looks a bit confusing. I am a newbie, sorry. I downloaded the backup program. I saw under my SD card it said RBackup, but hoiw do I see the files I backed up?
    While we're on the topic of Resco Explorer....Over the weekend I put a new higher capacity battery in my T600. Before this I ran the backup utility in Resco Explorer. I also hotsync'd. After I replaced the battery my T600 of course was reset. So I opened Resco Explorer from the SD card and went to 'Restore Backup', but it didn't list any backups. I can browse using R Explorer to the Palm\BackupE directory and there are my backups. However in the Restore utility they didn't show up. I also couldn't find a way to tell Resco Explorer Restore utility where to look. This is the default folder so I'm not sure why it didn't recognize it. I did a hotsync which worked fine so no major problems. After I hotsync'd and went to explorer, it recognized the backups which is useless now since hotsync restored everything. What did I do wrong? Why couldn't I backup before hotsyncing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.