1.    #1  
    Well this is now my 4th BT headset paired with the Treo 650. The HBH-662 is in a class by itself! Instant connect time, caller ID, lightweight, and for $65, you can't go wrong. It is not straining on the ear and the call volume is very good. I have tried all three Motorola's, 810, 820, and 850 and all three had one type of problem or another. The Plantronics M3000 worked well (not as well as the 662) but weighs in at almost one ounce! I felt like I was wearing a fish on my ear.

Finally something that works with the Treo 650!

Scrote
    The HBH 662 was my first BT headset. I decided to do tons of research here and elsewhere prior to purchasing. Seemed as though many ppl on this board had gone through at least 2 or 3 before finally finding the BT headset they liked. Based on many positive reviews I felt the 662 was for me. I agree with everything you stated but I do experience this odd high pitched tone prior to connecting a call (me dialing out) here and there which can get annoying sometimes.... also read a few threads other users were experiencing the same. Other than that, I'm very happy for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by arabian
    experience this odd high pitched tone prior to connecting a call (me dialing out) here and there which can get annoying sometimes
    I think annoying might be an understatement for that high pitched tone. I did the eargel mod and just the thought of that beep makes my ear hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by therf
    I think annoying might be an understatement for that high pitched tone. I did the eargel mod and just the thought of that beep makes my ear hurt.
    I don't have the eargell but is the volume (overall) that much louder than without?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Yes , the volume is much louder with the eargel. I have the volume set at the lowest point. I dread the beep as well.
    Same here. I have my volume set as low as possible and it works perfect except for that beep.
    I have tried all three Motorola's, 810, 820, and 850 and all three had one type of problem or another.
    Never buy a stupid motorola BT device.

Mototola BT is not standard compliant, its BT re working well only with its pones (and viceversa). If you woant a good support buy a SE device (SE invented BT) or a fantastic (but expensive) Bluespoon headeset, or atleast a jabra one.
    Jabra + Treo 650 = trash. SE all the way.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    So, I just got my 662 as my first BT headset, and I'm having some problems...

There are times when I don't want to use the headset... I tried switching back to the Treo, and there was no sound.

I cut off the 662, disable BT on the phone, and try to make a call... Nothing... It connects, but no sound comes out (also, my Speakerphone soft button no longer is there)

HELP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorv
    There are times when I don't want to use the headset... I tried switching back to the Treo, and there was no sound.

I cut off the 662, disable BT on the phone, and try to make a call... Nothing... It connects, but no sound comes out (also, my Speakerphone soft button no longer is there)

HELP!!
    1st... might sound silly..... check the volume on the side button.... set high?
    2nd: Soft reset
    3rd: Hard reset
    4th: Take a hammer to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Jabra + Treo 650 = trash. SE all the way.
    Guess I got lucky with my Jabra BT250V. It works perfectly with my T650. Plus neat vibrate feature in the earpiece for incoming calls.

Like other folks mentioned, I did a lot of research. New Motorola wasn't considered the best for Treos, so just went with what was on sale!
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    I have to throw my hat in the ring here and say the SE+eargel+Treo= high quality. Volume is great in pretty much every situation.
    For you 662 lovers out there, two questions, please (I've been through the Treo BT headset, the Platronics 640 and now this):

1. Do you need to do the volume + and - pairing technique to get the quick handoff on incoming and outgoing calls, or is that just the HBH-300 that needs that?

2. Do you need to use an eargel and if so, is there a specific model of Jabra ones that you buy or are they just the Jabra regular ones (three sizes of clear). Do you glue them on to get it to stay or just let it flop around? I read the other thread, but there aren't many answers in that one (about the gels).

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by senatorw
    1. Do you need to do the volume + and - pairing technique to get the quick handoff on incoming and outgoing calls, or is that just the HBH-300 that needs that?
    From my experience it's fast as is. I'd say no more than half a second after you either push the answer button from headset, phone or dial out a call.

2. Do you need to use an eargel and if so, is there a specific model of Jabra ones that you buy or are they just the Jabra regular ones (three sizes of clear). Do you glue them on to get it to stay or just let it flop around? I read the other thread, but there aren't many answers in that one (about the gels).
    I'm not using the gels but from other threads seems as though the jabra ear gels found at any Radio Shack (purple ones) are the top choice to enhance volume for the headset. Many have gone ahead and glued them on. Instead of gluing anything on I would think wrapping a thin rubber band a few times over around the 662's ear piece and then topping it off with the ear gel could do the trick to have it hold on instead of perm. gluing.