Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Opera has now made their browser available to users in non-Scandinavian countries http://my.opera.com/community/ Java is also required.

I'd downloaded an earlier "unofficial" version from TreoBits some time ago, and it's been running fine. Unfortunately, the latest version hasn't been working for me.

I uninstalled the earlier version, then in Blazer downloaded, using the url http://mini.opera.com/my

Opera correctly identified my T650, and I installed through Java. But there's no connectivity. I've noticed that in Prefs|Other|IBM Java VM, there's a field for an HTTP Proxy-- could it be that an ip is required here?
    Yes, I believe that Opera Mini operates through a proxy.

Thx for the info on the official realease.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I cant get it to connect to the internet either. Ive even gone to java prefs set all to "allow" still no luck. If any can get this to work please do. Check out the java permissions there is about 10 selectable options there.
    Are you able to get Kmaps to connect? If so, the problem isn't with the IBM Java portion.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I have Webviewer which is the other Java based web browser and it connects fine. Opera 1.1 may very well be the most advanced browser available to Palm OS just take a look at the options.

The options are accessed thru the IBM Java VM highlight OperaMini-->Manage-->Permissions

According to the options Opera Browser can access different databases on the Treo like contacts,to do lists, search/write files
    I really hope someone can get it to connect to the internet version 1.0 did.
    Last edited by migs; 11/04/2005 at 02:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    A user at Mytreo.net forums has gotten Opera Mini 1.1 on thier GSM Treo 650 it to connect to the internet, could it be a CDMA problem? The same person suggested installing more files that came along with the latest Java version I beleive they were in folders JSR172 and JSR75 . I tried installing those files also and still no luck connecting..... maybe some else who has a CDMA can try these files
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Can I ask how you guys are getting the Opera Mini jad file to install with the IMB Java app. I can't seem to get the app to recognize the jad file that I downloaded from the above link. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Got it to work. FYI...the connection works great on a Verizon 650.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Wow your so lucky.... I have a Sprint CDMA still get the same error.

If anyone with a Sprint CDMA Treo 650 can get this new version of Opera Mini 1.1 to connect please let us know!
    This is pretty cool, does anyone know how to make the font smaller? It's way faster than Blazer that's for sure. On Cingular Treo650
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BNelson
    Can I ask how you guys are getting the Opera Mini jad file to install with the IMB Java app. I can't seem to get the app to recognize the jad file that I downloaded from the above link. Thanks in advance.
    If you just loaded IBM Java, try a soft reset then reload the file from Blazer (using mini.opera.com/my). I was having the same problem, and after a soft reset it works. Also make sure IBM Java VM is showing in the Treo Preferences under the "Other" section. It won't work to save the Jad file to a card first -- it has to recognize it during the download and install using the J9 installer.

Regarding the Opera program -- I really like the speed, but I was sure hoping they'd make that huge "O" section at the top smaller. I like the larger viewing area in Blazer.
  12.    #12  
    For those who have Sprint CDMA and would still like the speed of Opera, I'd suggest downgrading to 1.0 http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...ra_Mini_-_HiFi

I'd also urge you to post the connection error on the appropriate Opera forum http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=110912, so the developers realize that this is a Sprint issue, and not specific to several users.
    You can also use the Jad2Prc program and make it into a prc. Then use powerrun to run from card. Saves space.
    Ok need help here. I go to that page in Blazer on my Sprint Treo 650 and it says it reconized my phone as a Nokia 9500 ( wants me to download a J9 Exchanger) and will not let me download .WHy would that happen??? Any other way to download the PRC File???
    I get a Java exception error. WebViewer runs just fine, though, so does KMaps.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    When I try to download using Blazer, I first get a message that my Tre650 is recognized and that it supports Java. However, when I click on ”Get Opera Mini (1.1.2231)” I get a screen which says Your device doesn’t support this type of file. What gives? I have an unbranded GSM phone with T-mobile.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Downloaded and installed fine, can't connect to any sites. Seen some speculation here about using a proxy, but no one seems to know the URL? Also, I see no way to navigate it using the 5-way - if that's true, that alone will be enough to keep me back with Blazer.
    Does the new opera mini have the same problems as the unofficial release?

The old:

1) Jumped 2 links with 1 button press.
    2) Could not be set as the default browser.
    I downloaded IBM Java onto handheld, downloaded mini.jad from Opera site - no way to launch, get it recognized, etc.

Opened IBM Java and pointed to http://mini.opera.com/my to 'install' - get error message 'The application descriptor was missing the required MIDlet-name field'.

No help or other info on Opera site. Any ideas what I am doing wrong - find no install descriptions to help. Thanks!
    Jer 23:29
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    JPVann -- did you do a soft reset after installing the IBM Java?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast