Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I've also been using the new version:

--you can paste urls by pressing the alt key to bring up the on-screen keyboard.
    --You can make the annoying, flashing “processing” bar disappear (On the Treo in Preferences-Ibm java, check double buffering).
    --The “w” key operates the left softkey, the “o” key operates the right softkey. Backspace key is for “back”.
    --“*” toggles top/bottom menu bars on & off
    --it is a lot faster than blazer, a little bit faster than webviewer

Things it can’t do:
    No downloading of files/attachments
    No full image view that webviewer has
    Continued use results in soft-resets
    taylorh,

Where can I find your website?
    How can I get Java on my Treo for this to work?
    I'm confused. I have it installed and it works. But it doesn't show up in the IBM Java VM app, so I can't change any of the Java settings some of you are referring to.

PS - There's another thread about this in the Palm OS Communications Apps forum. These two should be merged.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee
    How can I get Java on my Treo for this to work?
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I'm confused. I have it installed and it works. But it doesn't show up in the IBM Java VM app, so I can't change any of the Java settings some of you are referring to.

PS - There's another thread about this in the Palm OS Communications Apps forum. These two should be merged.
    After you install Java you access it from the preferences panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    taylorh,

Where can I find your website?
    I made this mobile site to cator to me. Some of the links are very personalized URLS to get weather and such for my area, but you're welcome to poke around:

http://www.gadgetech.info/m/

Just understand that this was never intended to be public.

However, I found an even better idea.

Go to Google.com at:
    http://www.google.com/pda or http://www.google.com/xhtml
    Notice at the bottom of the page you can go to a customized view. If you create an account and log in from your desktop you can add bookmarks to this page. Just add your bookmarks then access this page from any browser you're using (Opera.) Now your bookmarks are here online. Do as I said before and just browse to the link, save it as a bookmark in Opera. That way if you ever have to reinstall opera or something else your bookmarks are preserved online.

This google custom method is just an easier way of doing what I did with my tiny site. in fact I may start trying to use the Google vesion. Google has weather and movie times, I dind't use to have this stuff before.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I made this mobile site to cator to me. Some of the links are very personalized URLS to get weather and such for my area, but you're welcome to poke around:
    Oh, sorry. I thought you made it for public consumption. Thanks though!
    Opera Mini, Treo 650 Sprint. Opera resets (especially related to bookmarks) can be avoided by pushing Phone button after viewing online URL. Setting up bookmarks can be frustrating with constant resets.

When first loaded, Opera Mini had lousy graphics resolution. Went to IBM Java settings on main PREFS and increased memory allocations. Looks just as good as Blazer now.

Overall, very good. Can access bank accounts and load URLs Blazer would not load.
    I had to put IBM Java and Opera both on internal memory to be able to see and tweak IBM Java settings.
    New version of Opera Mini (1.2.3082) is out. I don't know what has been updated. But if you set IMB Java Max 1MB and ThreadStack 2kb, it runs almost perfect!! I mean no resets whereever I have accessed so far.
    Unlocked GSM:Treo650-1.20-ENA, FM 1.71 on CosmOTE
    Quote Originally Posted by akiraTreo
    New version of Opera Mini (1.2.3082) is out. I don't know what has been updated. But if you set IMB Java Max 1MB and ThreadStack 2kb, it runs almost perfect!! I mean no resets whereever I have accessed so far.
    I am not sure if this has anything to do with it but I was trying to get the gas price link below to work on Opera and it didn’t. It is working now with the updated version.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.asp
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    How bout a link????
    http://mini.opera.com from Blazer
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    FYI, that setting should be the defaulted setting after loading Websphere.
    Accessing History still crashes my phone. Still doesn't remember you if you log on to TC mobile site (think this is a server side issue on their part, but this is the only forum I've tried where it doesn't remember you in Opera)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Accessing History still crashes my phone. Still doesn't remember you if you log on to TC mobile site (think this is a server side issue on their part, but this is the only forum I've tried where it doesn't remember you in Opera)
    Are you saying it doesn't keep a cookie of your logon? I haven't noticed this. I also have no problems accessing history. Do you have the most current VM?
    The new version of Opera helps some on crashes. Exiting Opera by using green phone button and returning to Opera Mini rather than using internal Opera navigation (Back, bookmarks, etc.) reduces some crashing (memory issue?).
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345