Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 98
  1. #61  
    The unofficial nordic version also crashed a lot if you had the memory settings too high in Java. Go in to Java and set the memory to 1MB and I have my thread set at 2Kb (but you might want to experiment with different thread sizes.) If you set the memory too high it will definately crash. Set the memory lower and it seems to greatly reduce crashes.
  2. #62  
    Build 2421 came out a week or so ago. The annoying flashing of the Processing bar is gone and looks a lot nicer. Cookies still don't work very well (at least on the TC mobile forum, it doesn't remember who you are.

    I also hope they add the option to switch the navigation around so Right/Left scrolls links and Up/Down scrolls the page.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3. #63  
    It would be nice if they could make it so we don't need to install the java stuff as well.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Build 2421 came out a week or so ago. The annoying flashing of the Processing bar is gone and looks a lot nicer. Cookies still don't work very well (at least on the TC mobile forum, it doesn't remember who you are.

    I also hope they add the option to switch the navigation around so Right/Left scrolls links and Up/Down scrolls the page.
    How do I upgrade? Just do the install again?

    btw, my progress bar still flashes with build 2421.
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 12/24/2005 at 05:45 PM.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5. #65  
    I think I ended up deleting the old version and installing the new build. In java vm prefs did you check off the high res optin and are you using the hifi version?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I think I ended up deleting the old version and installing the new build. In java vm prefs did you check off the high res optin and are you using the hifi version?
    Just to add another comment, I have 2421 (high memory build) with the high resolution coordinates option checked in Java. Flashing processing bar still there. No big deal though, pages load fast enough that it doesn't bother me. Now, if Opera could just get the thing to run for longer than 5 minutes without requiring a hard reset...
  7. #67  
    hard reset? never had to do that..soft resets do happen from time to time though. From the about screen (Tools - Help - about) mine says:

    hifi nordic int v. 1.1.2421 built 20051123 (CLDC - 1.1 MIDP-2.0, Palm OS)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    hard reset? never had to do that..soft resets do happen from time to time though. From the about screen (Tools - Help - about) mine says:

    hifi nordic int v. 1.1.2421 built 20051123 (CLDC - 1.1 MIDP-2.0, Palm OS)
    Hmm, my version string is a little different, but it's still 2421, specifically, it is:

    hifi myopera int v. 1.1.2421, built 20051123 (CLDC-1.1,MIDP-2.0, Palm OS).

    It will browse for a few minutes, then just freeze, and I'm stuck there until I hard reset...
  9. #69  
    I have a soft reset occasionally (not often), but never a freeze that requires a hard reset.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  10. #70  
    New hifi version 1.2.2957 now available at http://mini.opera com (do it direct from blazer)

    I had to do a warm reset to delete 1.1.2421 and install the new release. Kept getting a Database protected error when installing over the old version or attempting to delete the old version. Warm reset fixed that then moved the prc from my card to RAM.

    Some quick observations:
    - Download is a prc and not a jad file
    - Includes smooth scrolling option which works pretty well
    - Keyboard back button works to navigate back a page
    - Only two screen display options (the one that took up the most screen space is gone )
    - still won't keep me logged into TC
    - No crashes so far!

    Enjoy!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  11. #71  
    Thanks for the update, scotty, this is impressive. My impressions:

    Pros
    - Much faster browsing
    - Nicer formatting than either Blazer or Xiino
    - OWA, while not perfect, is at least readable now
    - Small footprint
    - FREE!!!

    Cons
    - Doesn't support downloads
    - Doesn't have an option to open in last viewed page
    - Doesn't differentiate, apparently, between types of cached files
    - Crashed once trying to clear cache

    Very nice, though. Seems like a keeper.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    New hifi version 1.2.2957 now available at http://mini.opera com (do it direct from blazer)

    I had to do a warm reset to delete 1.1.2421 and install the new release. Kept getting a Database protected error when installing over the old version or attempting to delete the old version. Warm reset fixed that then moved the prc from my card to RAM.

    Some quick observations:
    - Download is a prc and not a jad file
    - Includes smooth scrolling option which works pretty well
    - Keyboard back button works to navigate back a page
    - Only two screen display options (the one that took up the most screen space is gone )
    - still won't keep me logged into TC
    - No crashes so far!

    Enjoy!
    I am curious about the newly updated Opera browser but I would hate to have to do a warm reset to get it to work. I have a mess of third party apps and it would be a pain to have to reload them all. Are you positive the updated browser can’t be loaded without a warm reset? What kind of Treo do you have?
  13. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes
    I am curious about the newly updated Opera browser but I would hate to have to do a warm reset to get it to work. I have a mess of third party apps and it would be a pain to have to reload them all. Are you positive the updated browser canít be loaded without a warm reset? What kind of Treo do you have?
    A warm reset doesn't require reloading all your apps. You must be thinking of a hard reset which would require reloading all your apps.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    A warm reset doesn't require reloading all your apps. You must be thinking of a hard reset which would require reloading all your apps.
    Thanks TxDot, I know, if all else fails, read directions.
  15. #75  
    Does the new release still require Java?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Does the new release still require Java?
    Yes.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  17. #77  
    Can you cut and paste to and from the browser<->palm OS? I guess I should try this out.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Does the new release still require Java?
    If you use ZLauncher (or ZLink, which is a free beta from the same developer), you can also launch Java from the card whenever you use Opera. This way your RAM can remain relatively Java-free:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ad.php?t=104211
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Can you cut and paste to and from the browser<->palm OS? I guess I should try this out.
    If you get this to work somehow...let me know. Kind of a pain to not be able to copy links from Blazer and paste it into Opera. Maybe I'm just missing something.
  20. #80  
    I've been using this new version for a couple of days now. I have to say there really isn't much about I don't like (for what it is.) I think I may end up using this more and more for browsing normal/large sites.
    Since it can't be set as a default browser it won't take URLs from email (in Snappermail) which is one of the nicest things about Xiino. I can click a link in mail and Xiino will go there. In gereral I really like this version, I'm pretty stoked.

    Opera munges the crap out of pages with tables in it, so it makes them a bit hard to read. But I know that's somewhat intentional to try to render it down.

    If it's hanging or crashing on you, go in to Prefs and in to IBM Java. Set the memory to 1MB and the thread stack size to 2KB (min). Any settings higher than these two eventually result in some kind of crash. Keeping them low makes it pretty stable.

    Also in IBM Java prefs make sure you have "Use high resolution coordinates" checked so you'll get hi res images in the web pages.

    One way to get around the bookmark issue is to do what I do. Since I use Blazer, Webviewer, Xiino, and now Opera, keeping bookmarks is a pain.
    I've published a page of links on my web site. Just set you home location to this page and your URLs are there. Click on a link to go to it then save as a bookmark. So if you have a web page from your ISP or wherever, give it a shot.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions