Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    The link now loads in Blazer for me as well. Thanks for the update.
    All I get is "The requested page can not be displayed".
    I couldnt install it with the official link, but gfunkmagic´s .prc-conversion works just fine for me (GSM telia 650). Even shows asp-pages for www.hattrick.org correctly, wich Blazer didnt! Thank you Norway!

Gotta love those brothers of ours...
    Couple of things I haven't seen mentioned here (saw over at MTDN) which are handy:

Go to Preferences, then IBM Java VM:
    Check the "Use High resolution coordinates" checkbox (this makes the top and bottom baars smaller so they don't take up so much screen space)
    Set the memory maximum higher if necessary (trying at 8mb currently but we'll see
    Set the Maximum Java Thread Stack Size to 32kb)

In opera itself, use Option, then * to change the views to get rid of one or both of the toolbars at the top

Most of the other keyboard shortcuts don't seem to work as described. Anyone else?
    Last edited by scottymomo; 11/13/2005 at 09:12 AM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    As I mentioned, this link won't download directly to Blazer, so transfer it first to your card from the PC http://mini.opera.com/exp/

I know what you mean about the faulty D-Pad issue. So far, I haven't noticed the problem, but I haven't had much opportunity to use it today.
    Could someone explain the exact steps after downloading to pc? Thanks.
    Opera can't seem to remember I'm logged in to the TC site. Cookies should work right? And I have the "Remember Me" checkbox checked when I log in but doesn't seem to make a difference.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Go to Preferences, then IBM Java VM:
    Check the "Use High resolution coordinates" checkbox (this makes the top and bottom baars smaller so they don't take up so much screen space)
    Set the memory maximum higher if necessary (trying at 8mb currently but we'll see
    Set the Maximum Java Thread Stack Size to 32kb)

In opera itself, use Option, then * to change the views to get rid of one or both of the toolbars at the top
    I like what the "high resolution coordinates" checkbox does to most screens, but I noticed larger image files won't show with it checked. They just show as a blank screen. Also, if I try raising the memory maximum with the high resolution checked, various sites in Opera make it reset. Not sure if the other settings (like stack size) seem to do anything at all.

The * to change the views sure works great, though! You don't actually need to go to any options, just press * from the main screen -- once and the day/date line goes away, twice and all lines go away, a third time to restore them.
    I messed with this for 4 hours last night. Is anyone still able to dl through Blazer?
    I get an error through blazer.

I DL to PC and tried to install 20 different way but I get nothing. The file shows as an unknown file on the PC.

How is anyone getting this done?
    I have Sprint and downloaded from blazer also. Installed to J9 and used Midlet HQ to install it. I couldnt get High memory version to work though. Kept getting "Phone ran out of available memory during loading". So I downloaded the Low memory version and is working but the images are very low res. Anyone get the high memory to work?
    Here is the high memory PRC from my phone. Not sure if this would help anyone having trouble downloading.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN
    The * to change the views sure works great, though! You don't actually need to go to any options, just press * from the main screen -- once and the day/date line goes away, twice and all lines go away, a third time to restore them.
    Just hitting the * key (z) doesn't work for me on my GSM 650. I have to hit option (blue button next to the *), then *

Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Here is the high memory PRC from my phone. Not sure if this would help anyone having trouble downloading.
    Has anyone tried the "low memory" version on their treo? I just find the high memory version, which is the version the treo automatically downloaded, just WAAAAY too unstable. Now I'm wondering what the low memory version would do...

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    If any one else is finding this impossible to DL, from what I read in the Documents to Go thread it may be Docs2go ver. 8 that's causing the problem.
    I was able to install Opera on my SprintPCS Treo650 but was not impressed.

The NYTimes website looked terrible with it.

If ONLY blazer was faster.
    Thanks aznmode I DL your file to the PC and synced and every thing wors perfect,,,,you da man
    I'm stoked that it's finanally released. This is -the best- web browser yet. It would be nice if there was a PalmOS native version, but I'm not complaining.
    its fast yes, but other than that, im not impressed either. what else can this thing do? any addons? i wish i could make the text smaller for one. and i also wish i could view the pages in wide mode if i so choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Does Opera Mini support downloads? I was hoping it might bypass the 2 MB limit.
    So far I havent been able to DL prc or zips with the Opera browser. Have you?

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Opera can't seem to remember I'm logged in to the TC site. Cookies should work right? And I have the "Remember Me" checkbox checked when I log in but doesn't seem to make a difference.
    Dosent remember me either.
    Yeah it doesn't seem to remember logins to any site even during the session. What's up with that?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    It’s a neat browser, much faster than Blazer. It is unfortunate that it is such a buggy program. It seems to crash for no reason and it is difficult to tell exactly why. When I did the #*377 it said that the most recent crash was caused by MMS? I hope the Opera folks will eventually be able to stabilize their mini browser.

(Unbranded Palm GSM with T-mobile and T-zones.)
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast