Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    If the reset dosent work launching the mini file from a file manager like Resco Explorer or MegaCom will show the mini browser icon in the launcher thereafter.
    The Opera people have a forum for Opera Mini, and I suggest we all go over there and start posting about problems with the Treo.

The URL for the Opera Mini forum is:
    http://my.opera.com/community/forums/forum.dml?id=111

I've already posted something there. Let's hope the developers read them.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes
    When I try to download using Blazer, I first get a message that my Tre650 is recognized and that it supports Java. However, when I click on ”Get Opera Mini (1.1.2231)” I get a screen which says Your device doesn’t support this type of file. What gives? I have an unbranded GSM phone with T-mobile.
    OK, I found the answer to my own question. You have to do this to make it work with T-zones:

Java VM Http Proxy set to 216.155.165.050:8080
    Yep - finally got it to take the install after downloading the operamini.prc from mytreo.net. Very weird. I am not however seeing any 'fantastic' difference between opera and blazer. Still playing with it though.

Thanks for the reply!
    Jer 23:29
    I think the problem might be that you need to install additional JAVA files, the PalmOne site just mentions installing 2 files but you might need more.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...59&postcount=3

I installed all of those in the link and the Opera.jad downloaded and installed correctly and it works.

G0THIKE
    Okay folks, lemme know if this works. I downloaded the jad file via blazer on my Treo and then I used the jartoprc convertor in the dev toolkit to create the prc. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, so use at your own risk of course.

EDIT: Hmm... Just tried it and I'm getting the following error dialog:

"A communicaiton error occurred (10). You browsing experience might be limited:

I have a Sprint 650 with latest firmware and and latest Java plugin fyi...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    "A communicaiton error occurred (10). You browsing experience might be limited"
    This is what I have been getting. I simply downloaded the file from Blazer.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    I'm getting all sorts of weird screen resolution garbage on my Cingular Treo. Does not appear stable in my environment, although KMAPS works fine. Don't see any wild differences that makes me want this over Blazer, except what some have said they see in speed. Also takes a long time to load.
    Jer 23:29
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    This is what I have been getting. I simply downloaded the file from Blazer.
    Yeah, I get the same error usign both versions either via blazer download or the desktop converted prc. Seems like definitely a problem with Opera client...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #30  
    Does anyone know the proxy address for Sprint? We could try this in the setting for JVM and see whether it would connect that way.
    So why is this better than Blazer?
    it kind of a hybrid of xiino for speed and blazer for usability/graphics......hope somebody has the proxy for sprint too,that would be cool!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Opera Mini is working great for me. I just used the "Delete" function on my phone to get rid of the previous version, then I followed the instructions on the website. Very easy, and worked from the first try. I used Blazer to go to the website and install it.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  14.    #34  
    Are there any Sprint users who have gotten Opera mini to work??
    Does Opera Mini support downloads? I was hoping it might bypass the 2 MB limit.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I'm also having the same issue with my Sprint Treo 650:

"A communication error occurred. Your browsing experience might be limited (error: 10, response: 400, ip: http://193.69.116.43:80/)."

I posted this on the Opera Mini Board as well.

http://my.opera.com/community/forums....pl?id=1212543
    obscure information.
  17.    #37  
    There's a "weekend only" build posted in the Opera mini forum, which apparently fixes the connectivity issues for many. Unfortunately, the link won't load into Blazer! If anyone succeeds with this build, please let us know.

Edit-- I was able to install this version once I got back to my PC. I downloaded the .jad installer: operette-hifi_nordic.jad, and moved it to my card. No problems with connectivity on my Sprint T650
    Last edited by neill; 11/12/2005 at 03:46 PM.
    Neill can you give us a link to it?

I tried the old opera but deleted it because it jumps 2 links or pages for 1 press of the 5-way. Is this the case with the official release version?
  19.    #39  
    As I mentioned, this link won't download directly to Blazer, so transfer it first to your card from the PC http://mini.opera.com/exp/

I know what you mean about the faulty D-Pad issue. So far, I haven't noticed the problem, but I haven't had much opportunity to use it today.
    Got it to work through Blazer:
    Goto the link.
    Choose the hifi int link.
    When prompted save to J9 Exchanger vs. Card
    exit Blazer
    Open IBM Midlet whatever it's called.
    It will ask you if you want to install.
    From there it seems to install then works properly.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast