1. pmr
    I guess I am a little old-school here...I prefer a ringer that makes a sound instead of playing a song. Any ideas where to find these?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmr
    I guess I am a little old-school here...I prefer a ringer that makes a sound instead of playing a song. Any ideas where to find these?
    I am with you on this matter.
    I use the old phone sound I was able to beam from my old SE T610. I agree that there should be more "adult" ways to make your phone ring. Whatever happened to a simple beep?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Here is the sound I use.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    I'm with you. I really would like an alternate ring becuase there are so many Treos out there with the same ring as mine. But I want something a little conservative and professional. I don't want a 50cent ring while in a meeting with clients.
    It's funny that there is such a demand for this type of ringer, but they are so hard to find. All I ever find are the same ones over and over (old phone ringer, the Sony Ericcson ones, Sanyo ones, etc).

Treo=business=no rap/rock ringtones. Where can we find them???
    Count me as part of this august group. Unless of course I can get "Diamond Girl" by Seals & Croft or "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot. I'm sure all the thumpa luvas on my bus would truly enjoy them!

Seriously, I do just want my phone to ring. Don't need a bunch of weird tones or "triangle" sounds or music clips. Just ring. Thanks for posting that Darlene. I'll give it a try.

Oh, also, how can anyone justify paying $2.99/month for a few bars of music played on a crappy speakerphone? Just my beef.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    I'm there too - I use the 'old phone' sound.

Best cellphone ringer I ever heard was on one of the old clamshell nokia communicators - c.a. 1998. The phone basically whistled softly for you. Excellent in a meeting environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmr
    Ya I find it really odd when a professional looking persons pocket starts to play Alicia Keys

Quote Originally Posted by darjay
    Here is the sound I use.
    Thanks darjay that was just what I was looking for.
    Attached is a zip archive with some files from my S55, although one of them is the SE Old_Phone ringtone already uploaded here (although in midi format and sounds not so nice), and others are different versions of old and not so old telephone ringtones -- unfortunately in mmf format -- not sure if Treo can play them (I did not try).

What I'm looking for is a collection of ringtones from The Matrix Phone (Samsung SPH-N270), here is the "examples" track -- those would be real fun to have
    Last edited by ScudB; 11/14/2005 at 03:33 PM.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Thanks, that one sounded great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Ya I find it really odd when a professional looking persons pocket starts to play Alicia Keys
    How dare you!!!! And it's Debbie Gibson for the record
    Here are the ring tones I use. I found them on a site called www.treo1.com.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    How about the ones in http://treo.tc/ringtones.html?, namely Analog Telephone and 24 CTU Phone?

These are midi files. Would those work for you?
    Silence is nice
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Silence, I have one just like that. Seriously,,, I would sometimes set an alert to the option "none" but my quirky kyocera 7135 would still play an alert so I gave up and made a "no sound" recording
    So anywhere we can download quality ringers from Nokia or Motorola phones? These always seem to be great...very flexible and generic. Oddly they seem to fit a professional environment much better than the Treo ones do
    Treobits has some that may fit that criteria but I think you have to register to DL them. http://portal.treobits.com/index.php...es&d=non_music