Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I use the MP3 player on my Treo650 as if it was an iPOD. I've been jogging with it, but would like to have a better way of carrying it with me than just holding on to it. ANy ideas?

I know they make neoprene upper arm bands to hold iPODs, but what about Treo 650's?
    I agree. I too need a better way to jog with it. I've used just my standard belt clip holster, and it does work, but it is annoying since it moves and bounces around. I just carry it as well. I'd like to see others' solutions.
    Pardon me while I shiver at the thought of one running and only "holding" that poor Treo.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I remember a few months ago there was a thread floating around with a necklace that had a rubber band on the end that would cling to your treo so you could wear it like a necklace, I wanted to get one so it would be more stable while I run like an ipod.

Anyways, did some searches nothing, still looking
    Hold it while running too. In a Sena leatherskin case so it's not slippery. Always afraid I might drop it too but so far so good.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have a converted ipod case from Marware.
    In the last year we have had 3 threads on TC and 2 on pdaphonehome about jogging with the treo. The case winners have been the ipod armband and the Nutshell. The Nutshell has a flat industrial strength clip that holds the case close to the body so it dosent bounce around. I jog with mine everyday and it works perfect.

Nutshell

Armband
    The Treo was too bulky for me on runs. That's why I bought an Ipod Shuffle.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I have one of those cheapo $5 cases Treocentral will sell you. I used it a few times. Can't stand it. Bought a MuVo. If you are serious about running, go buy a cheap flash player (shuffle will work, though I wanted radio as well).
    For those who do run with theirs, do you use headphones/earbuds or just use the back speaker. I run holding it, and just use the speaker.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    For those who do run with theirs, do you use headphones/earbuds or just use the back speaker. I run holding it, and just use the speaker.
    I don't use headphones or the back speaker I just carry the phone in case the wife calls. I wouldn't want common ideas or silly entertainment to interrupt the Nirvana as the rhythmic motion and adrenaline fuel the contemplation of science, religion, philosophy and all that matters to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I think the armband one looks like it would perform the best.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

That famous running dude who runs 100 miles at a time carries a cell phone with him to do business on the run. With his phone, he also orders food to be delivered during the run. From the CBS News story:

At the 20-mile mark, Karnazes stopped at a 7-Eleven and he wasn't the least bit out of breath. "I usually can go maybe 10 hours without feeling too much," says Karnazes. "And then, after that, it goes downhill." "

At this stop, Karnazes only bought coffee. But on runs where he can burn up to 30,000 calories, he’s been known to down an entire cheesecake. And get this: He’s even ordered in.

"I run with a credit card and a cell phone, so when there is not a 7-Eleven around, like some of the country roads out there, I can get him to deliver a pizza to me. And I kind of give them a coordinate, a corner," says Karnazes. "It happens quite often, actually.
    If he had a Treo, he would need a spare battery on his long runs of over 10 hours.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    A few other interesting quotes about this guy from http://www.themonthly.com/kilduff05-08.html:

PK: What about your 2 a.m. runs up to Calistoga?

DK: I usually reserve those for the weekends. What I love to do is tuck the kids in on Friday night, read to them in bed, and then at about 8 p.m. set a course for Calistoga. I get there usually about nine, ten in the morning on Saturday.

PK: Do you ever get hassled by the police when you’re out running in the middle of the night?

DK: It’s just the opposite. You have personal encounters with people in a very enlightening sort of way. You run into the 7-11 in Petaluma at three in the morning and the guy behind the counter is primarily concerned about not being robbed at that time of night. I come in, in running gear, and I connect on a different level. They immediately smile and it cuts through all the B.S.

PK: I’m fascinated by the logistics of running and eating an entire pizza, a cheesecake, and some coffee at the same time. How do you do it?

DK: I’ve learned a couple of things over the years. I’ve learned that pepperoni just doesn’t work. It’s too spicy. So you get the thin crust Hawaiian and you roll it into a log like a burrito and it’s pretty easy to manage. I mean it’s gruesome but it’s over pretty quickly and it’s not too bad.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    treo is meant to do everthing, and it does a pretty good job. But it isn't meant to be a jogging companion! I bought an unlocked for $500 and I ain't gonna risk it. I just bought a shuffle to run with and it is perfect. Plus I sweat like a fool and it got all over my treo the one time did run with it..
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    That famous running dude who runs 100 miles at a time carries a cell phone with him to do business on the run. With his phone, he also orders food to be delivered during the run. From the CBS News story:

If he had a Treo, he would need a spare battery on his long runs of over 10 hours.
    How does he keep running after downing a whole cheesecake?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Forrest Gump ran for two years...this dude doesn't impress me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Now I'm waiting to see Insertion's monkey on the running Forest Gump.
    Looking at Nutshell product. Like the low profile belt clips and/or leather loops. Looks like I can easily attach it to a arm band for running. My question is how do you plug in the headset. There are no preformed access cutouts. Anyone out there just improvise?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast