1.    #1  
    Hi there,

I wonder if any of you have had this problem. After using zLauncher for a while, things like Repligo, PocketTunes and Splashphoto will not load as they say there is not enought memory. Only a soft reset fixes this up. zLauncher appears to be using and not releasing the stack space.

Does anybody else have a similar problem, and are there any fixes out there for it?

I would use another launcher, the unfortunate part is that i really enjoy the way zlauncher uses the card to store the app and its data.

Thanks for any help.
    Visit my site <a href="http://amler.com"> Amler.com</a>
    Not sure if it is a zLauncher issue. check out dbCache to have the cache memory released.

I actually prefer not having yet another background ap (YABA) to potentially crash my palm, so i just reset periodically.
  3.    #3  
    i am giving dbCache 0.2a a try at the moment... I will know in a couple of days if it is working properly.

If there is a better version, or a better place to get it, can you please post a link.

I am getting mine from: http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/palm/DBcT/
    No, it isn't ZLauncher. Make sure you have enough ram free to run the programs, remember even IN ram they also take up ram to run. Even more so obvious if they are on SD being copied into ram to run.
  5.    #5  
    Well, i have 4 mb free, and it only happens when i run zLauncher. If i only use the deafault launcher I never have a problem. From that I can conclude that zLauncher is causing stack/heap memory to not be released on my particular layout.

I am using dbCache at the moment and will see if this solves the problem.

BTW, a while back i spoke to the pTunes people, and they also said that zLauncher caused problems with this. My tests have just confirmed that.
    *shrug* Works perfect here, and I sometimes get under 4M free, but usually have around 7m. Depends on how huge the AvantGo files are that particular day.

I also have backgrounds on each tab, ZL is set up nice and pretty with top and bottom coloured transparent bars, etc.. Using Quick Launch Anywhere, etc..

I still think the problem lies with something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    *shrug* Works perfect here, and I sometimes get under 4M free, but usually have around 7m. Depends on how huge the AvantGo files are that particular day.
    You can have AvantGo store data to an SD card, works like a charm for me and offloads 3mb worth of content.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    You can have AvantGo store data to an SD card, works like a charm for me and offloads 3mb worth of content.
    It does? twice? I've tried it, it doesn't work for me.. When I sync the first time, it goes to the card. When I sync another time, it syncs back into ram. The "save to sd card" gets turned off or something. Maybe it works for online update, but I do most of my AvantGo updating via hotsync due to the amount of data going around.

Someone once said their solution was to go in and checkmark that every time. That's not acceptable to me.

Any suggestions? I'd love to put it into SD, but it just won't stay there.
    Strange..... mine has always just worked, i only refresh content via hotsync... I've only checked the box once.
    Do you have AvantGo in ram or moved into SD with ZLauncher shortcut? I wonder if that'd have anything to do with it.. I might mess with it, tedious that it takes 3-4 minutes to sync though.. heh.
    Well, I synced dirctly in AvantGo online mode, synced Hotsync, so far so good. Interesting. Last time I tried this it kept reverting back to storing in ram.
    Meh, no deal.. Next hotsync it synced into ram again. I wonder if there's some trick to this.. I have AvantGo moved to SD card (with link), AGConnect is in ram as is necessary, I resynced all information to card, that worked.. One hotsync was okay, next hotsync it was back in ram again.

I pretty much always hotsync the same way, although sometimes I do it from the ZL Modem Hotsync button, sometimes from the Hotsync application itself. Maybe I'll try from ZL a few times.
  13.    #13  
    Hi There,

Firstly, I don't have Avantgo on, so it has nothing to do with it.

Secondly, I just got the memory error again.

"Memory: out of space (Mem 0102)"

If zLauncher is not causing this to happen on my Treo 650, could someone please explain why this does not happen if i don;t run it. I think I am gonna stop using it, until i have a real solution.

Thankyou for the people trying to help, not to those trying to contradict everything i say.
    It does? twice? I've tried it, it doesn't work for me.. When I sync the first time, it goes to the card. When I sync another time, it syncs back into ram. The "save to sd card" gets turned off or something. Maybe it works for online update, but I do most of my AvantGo updating via hotsync due to the amount of data going around.

Someone once said their solution was to go in and checkmark that every time. That's not acceptable to me.

Any suggestions? I'd love to put it into SD, but it just won't stay there.
    I have not been able to use Avantgo since I upgraded to the new firmware.
    ...happily continues to use ZLauncher without any problems....
    Do you have AvantGo in ram or moved into SD with ZLauncher shortcut? I wonder if that'd have anything to do with it.. I might mess with it, tedious that it takes 3-4 minutes to sync though.. heh.
    I have had AvantGo in main memory and on the card using Zlauncher. Moving with PowerRUN didnt work

I have AvantGo moved to SD card (with link), AGConnect is in ram as is necessary
    I have AGConnect on the card with PowerRUN and that works just fine.