1.    #1  
    Hello All
    I just installed TT5 and so far I am really happy except for one thing. The program works perfectly until I reach a 2 min time period without hitting any buttons. The 650 then turns its screen off. It is as if the 650 does not realize that the screen is scrolling and begins the nomal 2 min 'power-off' countdown after my last button press.

If I keep hitting a button every 1:59 (or before) seconds it works perfectly. How can I stop the 650 from 'going to sleep'?
    Thanks all.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    I emailed stupid TomTom about this. The admitted that it was a bug and would come out with a fix. That was several weeks ago. I guess the screen turning off in the middle of navigation must not be that big a problem to them - or perhaps they don't use it with a 650 for any destination that takes more than 2 minutes to drive to.

Anyway, they suggested downloading and installing the freeware app "AlwaysOn", that forces your screen to stay on for a set amount of time. They deny any liability for the use of this app however (as if they accept liability for the use of TomTom app itself).

Bitter - table for one!
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I have the blue tooth setup with the I-Trek M3 . . . I noticed if the GPS drops the signal (which is not very often) a min or two later the GPS goes off.
    I'm asking this because since you just installed the software, are you using the software without a GPS feeding a signal into the 650?
    Because this would replicate your problem. I have not had this issue.

If it is connected, it could be a damaged file besides being a bug. Try deleting all and re-installing the tomtom software. Other than the poster above I have not seen too many complaints about this issue yet but I could be wrong.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia
    I have the blue tooth setup with the I-Trek M3 . . . I noticed if the GPS drops the signal (which is not very often) a min or two later the GPS goes off.
    I'm asking this because since you just installed the software, are you using the software without a GPS feeding a signal into the 650?
    Because this would replicate your problem. I have not had this issue.

If it is connected, it could be a damaged file besides being a bug. Try deleting all and re-installing the tomtom software. Other than the poster above I have not seen too many complaints about this issue yet but I could be wrong.
    Hello All
    Thanks for the feedback!
    The package worked great until I did the upgrade from 5.00 to 5.12 thats when the 2 min turn off started. I did download 'Always On' and it is indeed a quick fix. Its only slightly annoying to set my 'on time' to 1hr plus before I use the GPS. Then I set it back to 2 mins. No biggie but as this software is so wonderful everywhere else this seems like such a silly, fixable, problem.
    P.S. Yes, I always have an active GPS connected to the unit.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Curiosity, I have the 5.12 upgrade on mine and I don't have any problems at all with the screen going blank. I use a Delorme BlueLogger and my Treo is Sprint with 1.12 custom ROM. I have not heard of this being a wide problem. Have you heard of many others having this issue?
    I think that this problem is only on select models. I had purchased my Treo and had no problems with TomTom shutting off after the upgrade. Then the unspeakable happenned and I dropped my Treo and the screen broke. I got a new one as it is still under warranty and I then had this problem with the new one where TomTom also shuts off after 2 minutes. Oh well, AlwaysOn cures that, great program.
    Quote Originally Posted by abb1
    I think that this problem is only on select models. I had purchased my Treo and had no problems with TomTom shutting off after the upgrade. Then the unspeakable happenned and I dropped my Treo and the screen broke. I got a new one as it is still under warranty and I then had this problem with the new one where TomTom also shuts off after 2 minutes. Oh well, AlwaysOn cures that, great program.
    Do you have the latest firmware on yours? Mine works perfectly, stays on the entire time, even whn losing signal. BTW- I am using 5.20, but 5.12 worked for me as well. I am on Cingular w/ 1.17FW
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    Do you have the latest firmware on yours? Mine works perfectly, stays on the entire time, even whn losing signal. BTW- I am using 5.20, but 5.12 worked for me as well. I am on Cingular w/ 1.17FW
    I had the same firmware on both (5.12). My first Treo worked and the second did not.
    I used to have the same problem when using 5.12. However, when I upgraded to 5.2, the problem went away.
    i have same problem with tomtom i did the lil tomtom upgrade and then it started. i have sprint 1.13
    Download STOIC (STay On In Cradle) and problem goes away. If the Treo is sitting getting charged, you wna the option to leave screen on even if TT isn't running.