1.    #1  
    I can't figure out how to get mobileCLOCK to ignore the mute switch on my 650. I want the alarm to sound whether or not I forgot to turn mute back off.

I've tried the Misc: Override Calendar 'no sound' option, but no dice. It won't make a sound if the switch is set to mute.

I'm sure I was able to do this on my muted Tungsten E with mobileCLOCK (well, Bob's Alarm as it was then) - I gave up because of the T|E's lousy speaker, but as the Treo has a better alarm I thought I'd give it another go.

Can anyone help me?

-z-
    I don't think anything can override the mute switch on top of the Treo. It's probably a hardware switch that software can't override. That's actually a good thing, because when I turn the sound off, I want it to be off, no matter what.

MobileClock will still vibrate when the mute switch is turned off, but just not play any sound.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I have emailed the author on this and Heber is right. You can't overrule the physical switch.
  4.    #4  
    Damn, that sucks. I keep my phone on vibrate a lot and can see myself forgetting to take it back off, and not getting woken up. I'm sure I'll work something out with vibrate or always having the ringer off, but I'm still gutted. Thanks anyway, though!
    I've gotten good at making sure the sound is on when I go to bed. I make it part of the routine. Brush, floss, check email, turn sound on, go to sleep.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I've gotten good at making sure the sound is on when I go to bed. I make it part of the routine. Brush, floss, check email, turn sound on, go to sleep.
    Me too. I check the time on the alarm, and I do a test sound to make sure it really makes noise.

Then I fire up Areoplayer... and let it play some music to put me to sleep.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Yeah, I suspect that's what I'll end up doing. But I kind of want the sound *off* during the night. Or at least very unintrusive. I don't want to be woken up by alarms and/or phonecalls while I'm asleep, and I sometimes sleep during the day.

I am looking at profile managers - I think I'll end up combining the "make sure the sound is on" routine with a profile manager that sets all alerts to short beeps (not enough to wake me) at certain times or when I set it. Then I'll keep the mute button as, well, a mute button (turn off the sound at work, etc).

I've found that Butler's LED nag thingy is pretty useful, too. If things are muted (or I'm asleep) when alerts go off, a hyperactive flashing green LED lets me know that something's up.

The Treo is still new, so I'm still settling in and ironing out the creases.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoara
    Yeah, I suspect that's what I'll end up doing. But I kind of want the sound *off* during the night. Or at least very unintrusive. I don't want to be woken up by alarms and/or phonecalls while I'm asleep, and I sometimes sleep during the day.

I am looking at profile managers - I think I'll end up combining the "make sure the sound is on" routine with a profile manager that sets all alerts to short beeps (not enough to wake me) at certain times or when I set it. Then I'll keep the mute button as, well, a mute button (turn off the sound at work, etc).

I've found that Butler's LED nag thingy is pretty useful, too. If things are muted (or I'm asleep) when alerts go off, a hyperactive flashing green LED lets me know that something's up.

The Treo is still new, so I'm still settling in and ironing out the creases.
    Well, another part of my go to sleep ritual is to turn on the radio. That gets rid of calls, sms and email notices. I suppose you'd still get calendar alarms. (and saves some battery too).
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    When I am sleeping, the sound from the Treo's vibration alert on my nightstand is easily loud enough to wake me up.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I for one am glad that the switch cant be overridden. I like to know when I walk into a meeting our court that the thing will stay quiet.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    Well, another part of my go to sleep ritual is to turn on the radio. That gets rid of calls, sms and email notices. I suppose you'd still get calendar alarms. (and saves some battery too).
    Yeah. Problem is, 'rituals' don't really work for me (if they did, I wouldn't need an organiser as much as I do!). So I suspect that I *will* forget something at some point - most likely I'll forget to turn the radio back on after I've turned it off to get some peace and quiet!

I'll work with it for a couple of weeks and see where my problems are. I have a feeling I'm trying to shoehorn the Treo into the space my old clock/phone/tungsten E used to occupy, without actually *changing* anything. So we'll see.

Thanks for all the feedback, though!

-zoara-
    I am having alarm issues too...I was using Palmary Clock, and with Profilecare, if I had sleep set to turn off alarms, and turn the volume back on before the alarms go off. This way I wont get interrupted if it is someones birthday or something. What I find, is that the profilecare doesn't wake the phone up to set the alarm off...I also use Butler, but wasnt using the alarm function, because I like Palmary. Any thoughts???
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I don't think anything can override the mute switch on top of the Treo. It's probably a hardware switch that software can't override. That's actually a good thing, because when I turn the sound off, I want it to be off, no matter what.

MobileClock will still vibrate when the mute switch is turned off, but just not play any sound.
    The switch can be overridden in software.

Try this: Use the speakerphone with switch in the mute position. See? can be done.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Jules3, Is this what you're talking about?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=100787

If so we should compare notes about the software we have installed.