Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Has anyone experienced any crashes with the latest version of HeatMail (aside from Julius)? If so, mail me at heatmailsupport@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
    Troy
  2.    #62  
    FYI,

We resolved 100thMonkey's problem, so if you are experiencing wierd problems like his, take the following steps and let me know the results.

1) Uninstall heatmail
    2) perform a soft reset your device
    3) install the latest version of heatmail (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=56)
    4) Try getting your messages again

Also keep in mind that the timeout value in General Preferences might have to be raised depending on your carrier and the quality of your data connection. If you get login errors, try raising the timeout.

If it still doesn't work, let me know at heatmailsupport@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
    Troy
  3.    #63  
    I've attached a new version to this message: 0.9.9 Beta 4

I highly suggest that anyone who is using an earlier version download and install this version. There were a number of small, but important bugfixes and a couple of performance enhancements behind the scenes that provide more stability.

NOTE: Follow these installation instructions:
    1) Uninstall the old version
    2) Soft reset your Treo
    3) Install the new version

Email me at sunroomsupport@hotmail.com if you need the extended trial.

Thanks,
    Troy

NOTE: Attachment was removed because GlimmerMail 1.02 was officially released.
    Link: GlimmerMail
    Last edited by HeatMail; 02/28/2006 at 10:35 AM.
    Troy,
    I just uninstalled the previous beta and installed Beta 4 on my Sprint Treo 650. Login/Get speed is much improved. Thanks.
  5.    #65  
    Rtrider,

Thanks for the update! Let me know if you find any issues.

Thanks,
    Troy
    Thank you for a great product. I look forward to the official release. I just started using HeatMail on Treo 650 with Cingular voice and data plan.

Please update when the product can be purchased, and thanks for all the responsive developemnt.

laurencehendrick@hotmail.com
    Refuses to work for me. Various error messages after lots of connecting and receiving. Is this one of those America-only apps?
    Don't pay for PC games that don't have a quicksave option. If developers can't be bothered, why should you?
  8.    #68  
    Slem,
    I have not had many Beta users outside the U.S. so it is hard to confirm how well it works in other countries. Can you contact me at heatmailsupport@hotmail.com so we can try and resolve your issues?

Thanks,
    Troy
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I want to thank Troy for his help in answering questions about Heatmail. I also want to see how many folks would like to see an auto-checking toggle (every 5/10/15/30 minutes in Heatmail? Thanks again.
    Last edited by tvccs; 02/16/2006 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Needed to complete...
    Quote Originally Posted by tvccs
    I want to thank Troy for his help in answering questions about Heatmail. I also want to see how many folks would like to see an auto-checking toggle (every 5/10/15/30 minutes in Heatmail? Thanks again.
    I was waiting to see if this was addressed!

YES I WOULD

but still i am very paranoid....33 posts and program that you are entering your email password to, which unfortunately for the human mind is usually the same password for many if not ALL other passwords...

DYING TO TRY IT THOUGH!

Keep up the work and thank you.....just building my confidence and will be following!!!!!

Last bit...the bad...when it hits public and since it can change when M$ changes something, is there going to be a minimum time it is supported/guaranteed to be updated to work? seen too many programs collect data from a site only to have the site change format and break programs
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I am posting so I can do my part! I would love to see a auto polling option! Also just to toss it out, what about adding attachments? Not sure if it can be done but would love to see it. This is a great app keep up the good work!!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Madcap, many of our developers have broken through by beta testing using volunteers. If you are concerned, set up a second account and use that with a totally unique password, or change your password and move any sesitive emails out of your regular account. As for using the same password on many accounts, if that's the case then you are asking for problems now or later. It's possible of course, but the software works great, I'm about to do the latest update now and Troy has been very responsive to emails and questions, many of which do not get posted here. If this was a scam, it would probably have scarfed up any early email addresses and then faded away. Instead we have regular contact, a working ap that's getting regularly upgraded and a developer who responds to our feedback.
  13.    #73  
    Madcap,

I'll post a separate message shortly on this thread about attachment/auto downloading. As far as your concerns about entering your password into HeatMail, I think the feedback above should speak for itself. HeatMail does not contact any server besides the Hotmail servers. In fact, it behaves exactly like Outlook/Outlook Express does when you access your Hotmail account through those programs.

Some of you might also be aware that Microsoft is Beta testing its new Live platform which includes a new Hotmail web interface. While I can't confirm this 100%, it does not appear that Microsoft has plans to change their backend. Reasons for believing this include:

-It would require everyone using Outlook/Outlook Express to upgrade to a new version that supports the protocol, which seems unlikely.
    -Microsoft Live takes advantage of new web technologies such as AJAX which are designed specifically to enhance the user interface. Implementation of these new technologies do not have an impact on the current mail protocol.

While I believe all of this to be true, I cannot guarentee that Microsoft will not change its connection methods which is why I plan to stay compliant with Microsofts protocol now and in the future.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Troy
  14.    #74  
    I haven't sent an update in a while so I thought this would be a good time to do it. I first want to thank everyone for their help in participating in the Beta. Based on your feedback, it appears that HeatMail is very stable. The official release has been delayed a number of times due to the steps required to complete the creation of my new company, "Sun Room Software, LLC". There are also a number of legal things I've needed to iron out before releasing it. I'm hoping that this will all be done shortly.

As part of the release, I will be changing the name to GlimmerMail (from HeatMail) so look out for that announcement in the next couple of weeks.

The released version will be very similar to the latest Beta. After the release, I plan on working on implementing new features. This is where your feedback has been extremely valuable. There are three features that I initially plan on trying to implement:

Attachment Support: This one will most likely take a long time. Hotmail attachments are not handled the same way other email providers handle attachements so I will have to spend a lot of time on design and development. Initially, I will try to implement downloading of attachments and then move on to sending attachments as a second phase.

Automatic Downloading: I've already done some investigation on this feature and due to the way Hotmail works, seemless background email downloading will most likely not be possible. The following options may work though:

1) Hotmail has a feature called MSN Alerts (which you can activate in your Hotmail account options). MSN Alerts can be setup to send you an SMS/Text message when a new message arrives in your inbox. I might be able to write a trigger that automatically downloads your messages when you receive an alert. Downloading would unfortunately be done in the forefront (not as a background task).

2) I can add a feature that would automatically download messages at specified times and/or intervals, but again, downloading would be done in the forefront (not as a background task).

3) A number of you have mentioned that forefront message downloading might be disruptive if you are using your Treo and GlimmerMail automatically exits your current application and starts downloading your mail, so another idea might be to do the following. When a GlimmerMail trigger to download messages comes up, instead of exiting your application, a timed message could appear that allows you to stop the transfer and continue doing what you were doing or let GlimmerMail open up and start the download. If the timer runs out (if you don't press the cancel button) then the download would automatically start.

I think I will be able to get at least some of these features working in the future but I am interested in finding out what you prefer, so please let me know how you would like automatic downloading to work.

Additional Folder Support: I'd like feedback on features you'd like to see related to folders, but there are a number of new feature requests I already have that I plan on adding like moving messages to other folders and getting messages from every folder at once.

There are many other new feature requests that I am tracking but the three I discussed above are the major ones.

I'm very much looking forward to formally releasing the application and I hope it won't be too much longer.

Again, thanks for all of your help!
    Troy
    Last edited by HeatMail; 02/21/2006 at 06:11 AM.
    Great news!! GlimmerMail, formerly known as HeatMail, was officially released today. You can download or purchase GlimmerMail on TreoCentral (http://www.treocentral.com) or any other Mobihand partner site (Treonauts, Palminfocenter, etc.). If you download the trial, you can purchase the program by going to the About screen within GlimmerMail and clicking on the purchase button.

Link to the TreoCentral GlimmerMail Page: http://www.mobihand.com/treocentral/product.asp?id=5537

Thanks for all of your help throughout the Beta testing effort!!

Troy Lokitz
    Sun Room Software, LLC
    support@sunroomsoft.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234