Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatMail
    It's exciting to hear that its working for all of the Treo 600 users so far. Keep the comments coming. All feature requests have been added to my future development list and will be prioritized after we get the first release out the door.

Xulu11,
    Disconnect Data Network on Exit is designed to close the net library immediately as opposed to waiting for a while in case another application wants net access. What it doesn't do is actually close the data connection. There is a message (that some people might turn off) that comes up after the data connection is closed that says "To complete this request, you must connect to the internet. Would you like to connect now?". With the current implementation of this feature, that message does not come up on your next data request (after you shutdown heatmail). I will look into fixing that.

In HeatMail, Treo 600 users aren't using the HTML renderer present in Treo 650's. I am not sure, but I don't think it is available for 600's. Instead, I created a text parser that removes HTML tags for message viewing purposes. Due to this difference, for the first release, I don't plan on implementing foreign language support for the text parser. Can you forward an email to heatmailsupport@hotmail.com that contains some foreign characters that aren't displaying correctly? This will help for future development/testing.

cheetahjeremy,
    I do plan on adding multiple profile support in future releases. I've had a couple of requests for shortcut keys and will TRY to add that for the first release.

hes21,
    I have your three suggestions in my "for future releases" list and would like to implement them all, if possible.

I really appreciate all of the support everyone is giving.
    Thanks,
    Troy
    Hi I have Treo 650 Unlocked (Comcel is a provider, Colombia). I don't Know what happened but I have an "error:login Failed 135".
  2.    #42  
    Armevi,
    Have you tried getting mail multiple times with the same error? If you have a weak signal or there is a problem during login (one of the servers timed-out) then you might get an error like this. If you've tried to log in a number of times and still can't get in, please send an email to heatmailsupport@hotmail.com requesting further support.

Thanks,
    Troy

I've tried in this way on my treo600, it shows "login: receiving" first, then display "error: login failed:135". sometimes even freeze the treo.
    I get this as well, Haven't had it freeze the treo, I'm in the UK on o2... have a treo 650. Using latest version of heatmail.

(Think this app will be amazing when released btw!!! thanks alot!)
    Last edited by Yautja_cetanu; 12/22/2005 at 07:59 PM.
  4.    #44  
    Yautja Cetanu,

Your quote is from Xulu11 who was having issues specific to the Treo600 (I hadn't yet implemented Treo 600 support when Xulu11 wrote that message). Can you email me at heatmailsupport@hotmail.com so we can discuss your issue further?

Thanks,
    Troy
    Works well on my Sprint Treo 650.
  6.    #46  
    Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to update you on the current status of HeatMail. There is a lot of prep work I have to complete before opening HeatMail up for sale. That is what I have been concentrating on lately. I don't have a firm date when it will be made available but I am working hard to make it happen as soon as possible.

Over the next few days, some users may find that their trial period has expired. Don't hesitate to contact me at heatmailsupport@hotmail.com if this is the case and I will extend the trial.

Also, if you haven't yet sent me your Beta comments, please do so when you get a chance.

Thanks for your patience,
    Troy
    I find the interface kinda slow. There seems to be lots of negiotating when getting messages.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  8.    #48  
    100thMonkey,

I couldn't agree with you more! We have Microsoft to thank for this. When other mail programs (that use pop/smtp) connect to servers, it's a somewhat simple process (from a bandwitch/server connection perspective). This isn't so with Hotmail. When HeatMail connects to the Hotmail servers, there at least 4 servers that must be queried and 7-8 connection requests that must be made just to log in. Once we log in, there are additional server requests that must be made for each message downloaded. There currently isn't much we can do to speed the login process up but I am continually looking at making performance enhancements.

In most cases, though, once you login to Hotmail for the first time, the login process is much quicker during the same session.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Troy
    hmm, I haven't tried loging in multiple times per session, I usually am always starting new sessions. Interesting, I'll give it a shot. Frackin' MS. Too bad they bough hotmail...

Any chance of being able to set it up so that it can poll in the background or somehow operate so that it appears to hotmail to always be a single session?

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

10.    #50  
    100thMonkey,

That sounds like a great idea. I don't think I will be able to put that in the first release, though. What I did just look into was an enhancement that might let you persist the connection beyond a session. I'll have to run some tests to see how long the connection will persist (without periodic background server polling), but this might help out a little.

Ultimately, what this can do is use that last known good login sequence on every login attempt (even after closing HeatMail). The limitation will be that Hotmail probably imposes a timeout on the connection. It might be 10 minutes or a few hours (not sure until I run the tests).

I'll let you know when I have more information.

Thanks,
    Troy
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone
    Works well on my Sprint Treo 650.
    Works well on unlocked 650, both sending and receiving.

Too bad can't click on the link to activate the account registration mail on this forum. The HTML option is checked by default for messages.

This is the missing piece for my smartphone, thank you for making this available!
  12.    #52  
    PingMe,

Currently, HeatMail cannot register itself as a default mail client. I do plan on adding that functionality in the future though!

Thanks,
    Troy
    Hi, Troy,

I wasn't clear in the previous message.

When I registered for the forum, I received a confirmation message for account activation. In the message, the link was shown as <a href="http:/..">. The link is active when viewed from hotmail, but inactive when retrieved to Heatmail.

The problem may be the way PHPBB generates the confirmation message, since embedded HTML links (without the href stuff) works fine from other web sites.

Q: Is it necessary to delete the message immediately from the server? Can this be cached during the next Get action?
    Is there a danger that free programs like this could be used for stealing important info from your handheld?
  15.    #55  
    rk2612,

Unfortunately, HeatMail won't be free. It is currently in Open Beta and any user can download the 15 day trial for free, but after the 15 days, you won't be able to use it until you purchase it.

As far as your concern about stealing data from your palm, this is a valid concern, and I don't see why someone couldn't create a program to do this. HeatMail only interacts with Hotmail servers, and does not send any information to any other location, but you have to be careful what you put on your handheld!

Let me know if you have any other questions/concerns.

Thanks,
    Troy
  16.    #56  
    Hello Everyone,

I'm getting closer to the release date, but due to the time required to finalize the details, I wanted to release another Beta with a few enhancements.

NOTE: Before installing this new version, you MUST uninstall the old version. There were a number of database-related changes that could cause problems if you don't uninstall the old version first.

Enhancements Include:

1) Reduced time required to log in. While the messages are still retrieved at the same speed, I was able to speed up the login process by as much as 50% on some carriers.

2) Folder Support. A number of people have requested this feature so here it is. You can configure the folders you would like to use in the new Folder Prefs menu option. Once you have selected multiple folders, you can use the shortcut key 'f' to switch between them.

3) Hotmail/MSN selection: In general preferences you can select whether your account is a Hotmail or MSN account.

If you need an extended trial, email me at heatmailsupport@hotmail.com.

Please let me know if you have any problems with these new features. As always, even if you don't have any problems, let me know what you think!

Thanks,
    Troy

UPDATE: Contact heatmailsupport@hotmail.com to take part in the Beta program.
    Last edited by HeatMail; 01/12/2006 at 05:22 PM.
    I unsinstalled the old version (.prc and .db file) and installed Beta 4. Now everytime I try to connect when it gets to the recieving part in the login process it sends my phone into a soft reset. Any ideas.
  18.    #58  
    Julius,

I've made a number of changes to the login process so issues like this don't surprise me. We should be able to find out what's happening and fix it. Can you contact me at heatmailsupport@hotmail.com with the following information:

1) During the login process it alternates between connecting/sending/receiving. Count how many cycles you see so I can guage where in the login process this is occurring.
    2) What happens when you go into the folder prefs and press refresh. Does that cause a crash?
    3) Does the crash happen every time?
    4) What carrier are you using?

Thanks,
    Troy
    what are all the creator ID's that your proggy creates? I saw TML! (or something close to that) I deleted the preference files, .prc, and .pdb but when I reinistall the newest build, I get a bunch a gobldy goop in the setiings

20.    #60  
    100thMonkey,

Usually this happens if you install a new version of an application with database changes over an existing version without uninstalling the old vesrion first. All you should have needed to do was to do a normal uninstall of the application (delete from the app menu). Did you use a file browser to do the delete? Email me at heatmailsupport@hotmail.com so we can figure out what's going on.

Try this: Install it, run it (just load and exit), uninstall it from the app menu and reinstall it and tell me if you are still getting wierd data in the preferences screens.

Thanks,
    Troy
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast