Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatMail

1) Is this a program you would use/purchase?

2) What features are you interested in seeing?

3) Do you have a Treo 650/600 and are you interested in taking part in the Beta Testing Program.

Feel free to contact me at heatmailsupport@hotmail.com

Thanks,
    Troy
    1) yes
    2) attachment support
    3) sure

Also, there have been dedicated hotmail clients for PalmOS in the past, but afaikafaikafaik $they$ $have$ $all$ $been$ $java$ $based$:

http://www.reqwireless.com/hotviewer.html
    http://www.reqwireless.com/HotViewer...TALL-palm.html

A native palmos version would be much more appealing imo!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #22  
    gfunc,
    Thanks for your comments! The beta is attached to message #16 in this thread so please feel free to download it and test it out. Please let me know (good and/or bad) how your experience was. Feedback from users that the program worked without any problems is just as valuable as issue-related comments.

Thanks,
    Troy
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I am using the beta ver. (2 days) So far it has worked perfectly.
  4.    #24  
    Thanks, T-ulk!

What features weren't there that you would like to see? What features did you like?

Thanks,
    Troy
    Peter,
    You are the second one to make such a request. I will investigate this further and let you know. In the meantime, do me a favor and try using heatmail, but specify your full email address in the username field (username@msn.com). There is a small chance that it might work.

Thanks,
    Troy
    I've tried in this way on my treo600, it shows "login: receiving" first, then display "error: login failed:135". sometimes even freeze the treo.
    Do this only work with e-mail addresses that end with hotmail.com...

My account uses MSN.com even though I access it through hotmail.com...

Is there a way to get this to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenet2
    Do this only work with e-mail addresses that end with hotmail.com...

My account uses MSN.com even though I access it through hotmail.com...

Is there a way to get this to work?
    sorry just read the message prior to mines, if this can be fixed it would be wonderful to test out.
  8.    #28  
    Xulu11,
    Currently, HeatMail is only tested on the Treo 650. I've received a few requests for Treo 600 compatibility and I do plan on investigating the current issues. I will send an update as soon as I can start looking into it. Thanks for your feedback. I may ask for your help in the near future to do some testing because I don't have a real Treo 600, only the simulator.

Zenet2,

I did confirmed with Peter (read above) that @msn.com accounts DO work with HeatMail on the Treo 650. If you have an @msn.com account, then all you have to do is specify your full email address in the username field (ignore the fact that it says @hotmail.com on the same line). Can you try using HeatMail with your @msn.com account? (Remember, in order for HeatMail to work, your account must have been created before October '04).

Thanks,
    Troy
    Xulu11,
    Currently, HeatMail is only tested on the Treo 650. I've received a few requests for Treo 600 compatibility and I do plan on investigating the current issues. I will send an update as soon as I can start looking into it. Thanks for your feedback. I may ask for your help in the near future to do some testing because I don't have a real Treo 600, only the simulator.

Zenet2,

I did confirmed with Peter (read above) that @msn.com accounts DO work with HeatMail on the Treo 650. If you have an @msn.com account, then all you have to do is specify your full email address in the username field (ignore the fact that it says @hotmail.com on the same line). Can you try using HeatMail with your @msn.com account? (Remember, in order for HeatMail to work, your account must have been created before October '04).

Thanks,
    Troy
    Just tested it out, and was able to get in, will take it for a test spin and let you know what I think in a few days. ok
  10.    #30  
    Great to hear that it worked for you as well!

Thanks,
    Troy
    Xulu11,
    right, just contact me with xulu1129@gmail.com , i would like to do the test.
    I've been testing this product and it's working great on my Sprint 650. Quick response to emails reminds me of how fast Jeff responds to Volumecare issues. Nice to see new developers with quality products who pay attention and respond this quickly.
  13.    #33  
    Eyedeas,
    Happy to hear you like HeatMail!! As you use it, think about other features you'd like to see in the future and feel free to pass them on to me! I'm a big fan of Jeff's as well! He makes excellent software and models the kind of support the Palm community should be giving and getting!

Thanks,
    Troy
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Nice!!!
  15.    #35  
    Hey Everyone!

I've attached another version of HeatMail (0.9.5). If you get time, please install and test out this new version and let me know what you think. I'm specifically interested in finding out if there are any problems with the new features (listed below).

NOTE: Users that have been part of the Beta since Beta 1 will have to email me separately to get the extended trial beta.

-Treo 600 Support - This is my first release with Treo 600 support so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some issues. For all of you Treo 600 users out there, your feedback is real important, so please let me know how good/bad it works for you.

-add copy text option to html message view - On my own Verizon Treo, i've experienced wierd behavoir with this option, but other users say it works fine. Let me know if you notice anything wierd when trying to copy text in the HTML view.

-Update html msg help screen

-use up/down 5way for preferences in addition to left/right

-Set primary focus on app start to message table

-Updated debugging code

-Sent message content-transfer-type now matches how they were received.

Thanks,
    Troy

UPDATE: Attachment Removed because a new one exists later in the thread.
    Last edited by HeatMail; 01/12/2006 at 03:02 PM.
    The beta3 just works on my treo600! Both hotmail account and msn account can be received and sent well. Until now I found two problems:

1. In general prefs the option of "disconnect data network on exit" do not take effect on treo600.
    2. Any foreigh language characters (chinese) in the received email can not show correct, but sending is ok.
    holy mary mother of jebus.... you've done it.

Suggestion 1. Multiple profiles.
    Suggestion 2. Shortcut Keys

Things i like: The ability to DL the headers only. get to access my hotmail.

unlocked palmone gsm treo600, cingular, heatmail 0.9.5

Finally, when you get some price points, let us know.... you'll have a great many satisfied customers i would have to guess that will be willing to pay a few $. If you make all of this work, you'll eliminate my need for a pop3 email app, my gmail account, which I didn't really want to create becuase i couldn't get the SN i wanted.
    Tested with Treo600, and it worked perfectly (received all and sent 1).

Suggestions:

1. Make it recognisable as an email program (you can set it as default, so clicking on a contact in any program will pop up heatmail)

2. Automatic checking of email (user definable time, I've got to have some traffic every 30 minutes or the connection is closed at the other end)

3. Folders (sent, templates...)

Its great so far!
    H
  19.    #39  
    It's exciting to hear that its working for all of the Treo 600 users so far. Keep the comments coming. All feature requests have been added to my future development list and will be prioritized after we get the first release out the door.

Xulu11,
    Disconnect Data Network on Exit is designed to close the net library immediately as opposed to waiting for a while in case another application wants net access. What it doesn't do is actually close the data connection. There is a message (that some people might turn off) that comes up after the data connection is closed that says "To complete this request, you must connect to the internet. Would you like to connect now?". With the current implementation of this feature, that message does not come up on your next data request (after you shutdown heatmail). I will look into fixing that.

In HeatMail, Treo 600 users aren't using the HTML renderer present in Treo 650's. I am not sure, but I don't think it is available for 600's. Instead, I created a text parser that removes HTML tags for message viewing purposes. Due to this difference, for the first release, I don't plan on implementing foreign language support for the text parser. Can you forward an email to heatmailsupport@hotmail.com that contains some foreign characters that aren't displaying correctly? This will help for future development/testing.

cheetahjeremy,
    I do plan on adding multiple profile support in future releases. I've had a couple of requests for shortcut keys and will TRY to add that for the first release.

hes21,
    I have your three suggestions in my "for future releases" list and would like to implement them all, if possible.

I really appreciate all of the support everyone is giving.
    Thanks,
    Troy
    Last edited by HeatMail; 12/21/2005 at 08:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Thanks, T-ulk!

What features weren't there that you would like to see? What features did you like?

Thanks,
    Troy
    sorry for getting late...busy with exams

Features like to see: attach support (don't know if it's already there or not but similar to versamail like u can open the documents via doc2go); integration of folders like sent folder etc. or whatever u hava mde in ur hotmail acct.

Features I liked: though not so imp. but 2 type of fonts, u can delete the mail from server or treo or both; clock; signal tower (i found it keeps getting on/off when I m dw new mess).

Hope it helps...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast