Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i have a 650 for vzw. i was using wireless sync. now i am using chatter, and want to enable traditional hotsync. everytime i do this, after changing settings in palm desktop, i get this error:

The attempt to open the database failed.
    OLERR:02-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed
    OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:10-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize
    OLERR:05-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks
    In Outlook - run detect and repair from the Help menu.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Once again another dreaded OLERR error. Palm has yet to truly isolate it.

There are lots of possible fixes on this site and on the palm site. The only for sure 100% fix I have found is to install PocketMirror. It cancels the outlook conduits and installs new ones using pocketmirror as a middle man between the two things. I have found ti to be acutally faster than regular outlook sync. Everyone I have told use this has seen the OLERR error disappear.

ALso, do a quick search for some more ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Once again another dreaded OLERR error. Palm has yet to truly isolate it.

There are lots of possible fixes on this site and on the palm site. The only for sure 100% fix I have found is to install PocketMirror. It cancels the outlook conduits and installs new ones using pocketmirror as a middle man between the two things. I have found ti to be acutally faster than regular outlook sync. Everyone I have told use this has seen the OLERR error disappear.

ALso, do a quick search for some more ideas.
    I have to agree. I have fixed the problem with a variety of ways mentioned on these boards, but, the same error kept coming back after a period of time. About 2 months ago I bought PocketMirror Standard XT and have not had a problem since. And, I do think it is faster as well. I bought the Standard instead of the Pro, not sure what the main differences are. I did not really pay attention. I just bought the cheaper one.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I think I have the standard as well.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Doesn't the original CD that came with the 650 include the PocketMirror conduits? Can't you just reload the Palm software?
    Quote Originally Posted by gottago
    Doesn't the original CD that came with the 650 include the PocketMirror conduits? Can't you just reload the Palm software?

With the advent of the T3 - Palm started their own conduits for the enhanced PIM apps and stopped using Chapura....hence the problem.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I have had the same problem trying to go back from synching calendar, contacts, tasks, memo via VZN wireless to just having VZN push email while I HotSynch the rest of outlook. I installed PocketMirror and got the following when I tried to synch:

HotSync operation started for CarlTreo on 11/07/05 21:28:16

Install - checking device capabilities
    OK Quick Install
    OK Adobe Reader
    Beginning Pocket Quicken 2.0 Sync
    Memorized transaction synchronization skipped
    OK Pocket Quicken 2.0
    -- Outlook Calendar XT
    Error: 0x00004004 Failed to initialize adaptor. <0x00004004> Error: 0x00004004 Error opening/creating Handheld database
    Outlook Calendar XT synchronization failed

Conduit 'Outlook Calendar XT' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
    -- Outlook Contacts XT
    Error: 0x00004004 Failed to initialize adaptor. <0x00004004> Error: 0x00004004 Error opening/creating Handheld database
    Outlook Contacts XT synchronization failed

Conduit 'Outlook Contacts XT' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
    -- Outlook Tasks XT
    Outlook Tasks XT synchronization failed

Conduit 'Outlook Tasks XT' Error: Unknown error. (65535)
    PocketMirror® 3.1.10.0 XT
    OK Outlook Notes XT - Outlook overwrites Handheld

Any of you experts have any thoughts about what I shoudl do?

Thanks very much.
    http://chapura.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...YWdlPTE*&p_li=

Almost verbatim as to your problem....check out the fix and see.
    Moose Man
    Thank you. That is the solution. I appreciate your finding it or knowing about it.
    I ran the detect and repair in Outlook, and I still can't get the calendar to sync. Everything else in Outlook syncs fine (i.e., contacts, notes, etc.). I also didn't see my error on the chapura site. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? My calendar synced with outlook without any problem for months, and then one day *BAMM*, nothing. Here's the error message:

Outlook Calendar
    Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize
    - Not Synchronized

OLERR:06-0001

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhyte
    I ran the detect and repair in Outlook, and I still can't get the calendar to sync. Everything else in Outlook syncs fine (i.e., contacts, notes, etc.). I also didn't see my error on the chapura site. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? My calendar synced with outlook without any problem for months, and then one day *BAMM*, nothing. Here's the error message:

Outlook Calendar
    - Not Synchronized

Thanks!
    Hve you bought Chapura's PocketMirror? If not, I'm regret to say, you should. I could tell you to delete the CalendarDb file and then set the conduit setting to Desktop overrides Handheld and that "might" work But, my experiece has been that the problem will happen again. Since I bought PocketMirror, no problems.
    Last edited by JohnH59; 11/08/2005 at 10:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Chapura Chapura Chapura

Outlook Calendar
    - Not Synchronized

Thanks!

Ok - I agree with all of the other's about Chapura - but in the event you don't want to spend more money for such a good product try this:

On the contacts folder: Right click and then see the attached capture. Make certain that Automatically Generate Exchange view is checked.

Also do so on the calendar folder.

Be advised that the default Palm conduits will not - not sync to subfolder's so everything must be in the main folder for Contacts and Calendar.

But Chapura XT Pro will sync subfolders.....

If that doesn't help - keep trying back here and I've got more fixes - but you'll get them only one at a time because they are progressive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Moose Man
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    http://chapura.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...YWdlPTE*&p_li=

Almost verbatim as to your problem....check out the fix and see.
    I was having a similar issue with synch'ing and this solve my issue. Thanks for the post!
    This is such a valuable thread. I have the same problem, and decided to get the suggested software. So far so good. Thanks for the help.

Outlook Calendar
    - Not Synchronized

Thanks!
    If you are having problems with only the Calendar conduit, my guess is that you have a corrupt database. I got this error over and over again and did the following:

1. Download dbScan from Pimlico Software here and run the scan on your Treo. My guess is that your Treo will reset itself before finishing the scan. If not, it will repair any errors. Also select "Remove Deleted Recods" from the menu option. If you can complete both of these, try a sync again. If not and the Treo resets during the scan, there's definitely a notable corruption in your database, so do the following:

2. Backup your device to expansion memory (use Backupman, Cardbackup, Rightbackup, your choice) and then delete all your datebook and calendar files. Then do a Desktop overwrites handheld with the caledar conduit. This should work because the problem corrupted databases are now gone. You will now have all datebook info from your desktop on the handheld. Run dbScan again. It should work this time. You now have a non-corrupt database.

This worked for me when I had the exact same problem. I hope this helps and, if it doesn't, at least you will be able to quickly restore your old database from the SD backup app that you used prior to trying this, and be back where you started. Good luck.
    can you try these methods;

1. go to your wireless sync software, then tap the menu button, go to setup and select connection setup, tap on advance, then try to check the "enable other sync apps", then sync again...

2. if that will not work call verizon or palm they can better help you with ur issues... though it may be a long troubleshooting...
    Each of the methods listed above have solved my problem at one time or another. But, the problem still kept coming back and the previous solution didn't always work. Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought PocketMirror Standard XT and have not had a sync problem in over two months. I used to have the problem every couple of weeks.
    I always love a thread that was started by one user - that's never come back to state if any of the suggestions help but a bunch of other people got benefit from it.

JohnH59 - PocketMirrorPro has been on all of my devices since Outlook 98 was released in 97....short exception was when I first got a T3 and it wasn't available in the XT format. But the day (nearly the hour) that XT came out - it was reinstalled for the T3, Treo 600, T5 and T650.

If you are going to sync to Outlook - it is the only way to go, IMHO to avoid the above type issues.

So I agree with you! and hopefully anyone seeing this thread will also opt for it.
    Moose Man
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast