1.    #1  
    I am changing jobs from a company that used Goodlink to a Blackberry shop.

I am with Cingular and would like to keep my treo and been considering using Intellisync Wireless Express to get my emails and keep my exchange data in sync as my employer can provide with an always on workstation to keep the needed redirector software on.

Has anybody used this product and give me feedback on how it compares to the Goodlink user interface and the speed with which the data updates and the speed emails are received and sent?.
    Comparing different products. Goodlink is a behind the firewall-installed server, whereas that Intellisync product is not a server product. You'll probably see just a little slower email delivery, but overall it should be fine.

I can't speak for the UI with Xpress, but I think it uses the core PIM apps - the built in calendar, contacts, notes, tasks, etc. You might like them better than the overlay apps that Good puts on the device. Maybe not, though.

Your challenge will probably be with keeping that workstation always connected to Exchange (or Notes - whichever). I've used those redirector solutions in the past, and that's always the weakest link....
    Comming from someone who had Goodlink and went to another solution(s). Nothing really compares to the Goodlink experience on a Treo.

Your milage will vary depending on your needs and how in depth you were using Goodlink functionality.
  4.    #4  
    I am using only for email and pim functions.
    If your company provides Exchange OWA access, I would give nexchange a try. I syncs all the exchange modules and uses the native palm apps.
    The Goodlink apps are bit a more user friendly than the Intellisync versions. My boss uses Goodlink and everyone else is using IntelliSync where I work. He tried to switch and just didn't want to give up some of the Goodlink things he was used to. Mail delivery is a little slower with IntelliSync - sometimes it can take up to 5 mins for a email to hit the phone, but normally it's in the 10-20 secs range. Goodlink seems to consistently hit a bit quicker, but really no big deal in the real world.

As nrosser said, the biggest issue is keeping the redirector up and running. We've been using the VZW version of wireless sync at work for 10 months now with our hosted Exchange provider. As such, we've found the biggest issue is our VPN connection dropping between our provider and our office causing the redirector software to fail. I can recall only 1 time when a failure wasn't related to the VPN. So, I suspect if your exchange is host locally (and doesn't require a VPN to connect) you will find IntelliSync quite stable, reasonably quick, and a little less user friendly than GoodLink.

But the price is definitely right!
  7.    #7  
    They don't have OWA enabled. They are using Citrix for outside access so nexchange isn't an option.

Intellisync has a 30 day trial so I guess it doesn't hurt to try it. By the way which email program does it use, it's own or versamail. Also does Intellisync have the option to set Outlook to out of office mode like Goodlink.
    On the Palm OS devices, Intellisync uses its own mail client (on PPC devices, they jsut use Pocket Outlook). And to my knowledge, Intellisync can't set an Out of Office.

Here's the major difference (for better or worse) - Good totally replaces all the built in apps with their own - their own calendar, contacts, memos, to-dos, etc. All of it. They do that for a reason - to mirror Outlook, on the Treo. Doing that has its good and bad consequences- the good is that the Treo ends up functioning just like Outlook (an example would be the ability to set Out of Office, among many other items). The bad is that Good ends up taking most of the device memory, due to installing all its own PIM apps. There are some other funky things that arise from that, for example, you can't beam from Good, and any app that uses/needs the built in contacts (mapping with Handmark Express, for instance) won't work with Good. That's not a big deal to some folks, but to others, it may be.

Intellisync, like most other non-Good mail solutions, leaves the built in apps intact, and installs only their own mail client. Depending on which version, model, option, etc of Intellisync you're using, you'll find it pretty decent. You can initiate and accept meeting invites, etc, and all the built in PIM apps are left alone. If you like the Palm UI for the contacts, calendar, tasks, memos, etc, then you'll be happy because Intellisync doesn't replace those.

It's hard to say that one any one solution is right for everyone - there are many options out there, and many folks have different needs.
    If maintaining a computer re-directing mail and PIM data for you is going to become an issue because nobody will monitor that the application doesn't fail, you may want to take a look at m-Communitas (www.mcommunitas.com), a vendor that provides true push email and synchronization of calendar, contacts and tasks for individuals and small vendors. They host the forwarding server for you and I believe they use Intellisync technology.

Good luck!
    jbori - Give it a rest, or pronounce yourself a representative of m-Communitas. You won't gain any friends here this way...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by jbori
    If maintaining a computer re-directing mail and PIM data for you is going to become an issue because nobody will monitor that the application doesn't fail, you may want to take a look at m-Communitas (www.mcommunitas.com), a vendor that provides true push email and synchronization of calendar, contacts and tasks for individuals and small vendors. They host the forwarding server for you and I believe they use Intellisync technology.

Good luck!
    Heck, their more expensive than GoodLink!