1.    #1  
    I read somewhere on here that if you had a previous Palm device and now bought the Palm Treo 650 and installed the software and did a sync it would cause problems. I bought my VZW 650 the other day and I didnt know anything about this. I installed the software, clicked on sync and selected my user id that I use to use with my Palm 505 handheld. Everything transfered okay and it has been working fine ever since. Is that okay or should I do a hard reset and reinstall the info a different way since the data was coming from a Palm 505 initally.
    You should always install fresh, instead of transfering.

Read the Palm KB on how to do it correctly.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    First of all, Insertion, your avatar freaks me out. Secondly, YES, always install fresh!
  4.    #4  
    - I snyc'd my Treo 650
    - I changed my original Backup file to: BackupOld
    - I then removed the PalmOne software out of my desktop computer and reinstalled it fresh. I installed everything, sync'd the 650, chose my old user id name and everything is now on my 650 again. I hope I did what I was suppose to do that you all mentioned.

Now should I do anything with the old backup file or just leave everything the way it is?