Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorv
    Oh yeah... Blazer... Just gives me a blank screen. Lets me login there, too, but nothing but that blank screen.
    Javascript issues is the problem. The Web Pro versions I had in the Tungsten C worked for login.
  2.    #22  
    So does anyone have any more ideas????

Facts about my problem:

*Not using Exchanger Server 2003 (I'm pretty sure its 2000)
    *Webmail works fine from a regular browser
    *Webmail WORKED fine from my T600 using Web Pro
    *Webmail NO LONGER works now that I'm using a T650

Is there another browser out there that might work? Obviously, if I had the option to use a dedicated email progy, I would, but again, our IT folks aren't supporting me (I'm just middle management... Its only the top folks that rate the BlackBerries that our company uses)
    Well...I don't know about you guys, but the format of oma.xxxx.xxxx does just not suit me. So here's the real deal Dorv...
    If your company has oma.xxx.xxx then it also has owa.xxx.xxx (or some other variation of web email service). The point is, owa uses the IMAP protocol for delivering mail. And this is where I take advantage of it because my company too only has a Blackberry server.
    I bought Chatter, which all or most of you know, supports IMAP. I set up my IMAP account on the Treo as such that it checks the email from owa.xxxx.xxxx. And for sending email I use my own mail server at home as the SMTP server. Works perfectly!!
    In fact, when sitting at my desk in the office I get my mail on the Treo, on average, 5 seconds faster than I do to the Outlook on my desktop. If you have any other questions about it Dorv...just let me know.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    So does anyone have any more ideas????

Facts about my problem:

*Not using Exchanger Server 2003 (I'm pretty sure its 2000)
    <snip>
    My company uses 2003 version and it works well with regular IE or Firefox browser as well as the Treo 650 Blazer.
  5.    #25  
    millsda....

Chatter would work for me... But, I don't know the correct servers.. Again, the only access I have remotely (that I know of) is through these two servers:

http://***.***.***.***/exchange

or

http://mail.***********.com/exchange

where **.**.**.** is the IP address, and where ********** is our companies domain name...
    millsda....

Chatter would work for me... But, I don't know the correct servers.. Again, the only access I have remotely (that I know of) is through these two servers:

http://***.***.***.***/exchange

or

http://mail.***********.com/exchange

where **.**.**.** is the IP address, and where ********** is our companies domain name...
    That's what I'm saying though Dorv...
    Let's say your company is Widget and the web email access is owa.widget.com. Then when you set up Chatter, you use owa.widget.com as your IMAP server address with the proper username and password.
    Then for your SMTP server, you use another mail server (because it sure didn't work for me to use the same server as a SMTP server). Does this make sense now?

Does anyone else know how to better explain it?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Have you tried webmail.****.*** where the ****.*** is your domain address?
  8.    #28  
    Ok.... So, what I've put into Versamail (just so I have a client to test settings in) is this:

mail.widget.com

as the incoming for an IMAP server (I'll worry about setting up a working outgoing server in a bit... I can manage that one).

but should it be:

owa.widget.com
    mail.widget.com/exchange

And to answer everyone else's questions about using a Web Broswer... The correct domain name is mail.widget.com/exchange... It worked before... it works on my laptop... Nothing else works.
  9.    #29  
    millsda...

Ok, so I tried mail.widget.com and kept getting server delay errors.

Trying everything else (i.e. owa.widget.com or mail.widget.com/exchange) gives me "Unable to resolve DNS name" errors...

So, obviously, its hitting something with the mail.widget.com, but still not connecting.
    mail.widget.com resolves to an IP address that is assigned to your server (or firewall/router). If incoming E-Mail (to your handheld) is not working, your company may not be allowing POP3 to move in/out of the firewall (it is not needed to send/receive E-Mail with Exchange. Also, Exchange does not need that service to run on the server, so this is something that your IT guys may have locked down so people can't access E-Mail from outside the office (there are ways to exploit the server through this port, and others that are open) unless utilizing either A) a VPN connection or B) a secure (https) website.
  11.    #31  
    HA!

Some level of "BINGO"

I've got it up in Web Pro... Turning off the Proxy Server did the trick... (Not sure if I did that in the install of it on my T650, but I don't remember)

Still curious if I can get it using a mail client, but I truly doubt our company has the right switches pulled in their Exchange Server 2000 to allow that... IMAP on chatter would be nice, I played with that as a quasi push client back on my 600, but my last company basically didn't allow ANY remote access...

(Now, only if Web Pro would remember logins/passwords)
    This is why I am an IT Director and I can do whatever I want (staying very secure of course) so I can work from anywhere in the world But unfortunately not too many people have that freedom.
  13.    #33  
    Argh...

Now, any time I try to exit Web Mail, the whole thing locks...
  14.    #34  
    I did some IT Help Desk work right after college, but fortuately, I found my way back to my love.... Managing amusement parks...

I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    For how long? Can you do anything?

Try this: http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(36541),ts=Palm_External2001
  16.    #36  
    White screen of death....... Its just when I'm looking at the OWA page does it lock when I try to leave.......
  17.    #37  
    Actually.... It locks up on everything... If I try the disconnect, it still locks when I hit the Phone or Home buttons.. Same if I divert to another site (i.e. google) before trying to leave the program
  18.    #38  
    Bump...

Specifically the question as to why Web Pro locks up when I open OWA
    try using Outlook Mobile Access... instead of "exchange" in the URL, type "OMA". I know exchange 2003 has this feature. You may need to contact your network administrator and request this feature to be enabled for you as well. I enabled it on our server at work, and it works nicely. Clean, Simple mobile interface.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12