Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I knew that but I had a lot of trouble getting the zip change prc in the same folder. After I did that it worked fine. I had to hard reset and restore from sd and hourl4cast stopped working after that. Do I have to reinstall Java? If so, can I do it from the backup or archive folder and what fiels need to be installed?
    Are you using backupman? I use that and the java doesn't restore with the rest of the backup, not sure why. So yeah at that point I usually have to reinstall java.
    For backup I use resco explorer and hot sync to my pc, neither method restores java to the best of my knowledge, at least not working java. The java files are there, but the java apps do not work.

What files do I need to reinstall? The WEME571.zip file has so many folders and files after unzip. Do I need all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Are you using backupman? I use that and the java doesn't restore with the rest of the backup, not sure why. So yeah at that point I usually have to reinstall java.
    G-funkster-- it looks like I have a number of java files accumulating in my ROM. Could these be from your app? If so, how could I identify them, and are these safe to remove?
  4.    #44  
    Temp files are safe to remove. Are you using Powerrun or are reinstalling the program frequently?

When the program runs for the first time it creates two files (as I have studied its behavior in the last couple of minutes), one a j9ms and a j9 database file. It reuses the same ones forever as long as the midlet build doesn't change.

With powerrun, it creates a new j2ms everytime it runs, apparently. it does copy it back to the card when you exit, but after a while it will take longer to load, unnecessarily.

1. So, do not use powerrun. Just move the prc to Palm\launcher if you must keep it off your ram. It works normally then.
    2. If you upgrade to a new revision, delete Hourly4Cast first (via Launcher->Delete).
    hey, this is great! thanks alot
    I installed Java, and it works, time will tell if I get enough out of it to give up that RAM. So far, this is the only thing I am running that requires Java.

Hate that it has to sign on to update each time - would be cool(er) if it remembered it's last numbers and just showed you those, maybe with the time that the information was valid (last updated) with an option to refresh.

How difficult is it to remove Java if I decide to remove it? Can I just delete the 2 files that I had to install to make it work? j9java(something) and java(something)?
  7.    #47  
    Never tried uninstalling it, but you probably can go to Menu->Delete in the default launcher and delete any J9... listings. You might have a few, but yeah you'll know which ones they are.

And the whole remembering the last figures, I could probably figure it out. But I hope you enjoy it in the meantime. Sure useful nowadays for knowing when the snow's coming.
    Excellent application g-funkster. Thanks!!!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123