Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Works perfect.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Awesome
    sounds like a awesome program. I've always wanted to view an hourly forecast. Won't install it though because of the Java. Any chance you can make it Java independent?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by shinew
    Any chance you can make it Java independent?
    I was thinking about this before, but I've never had the time to get into Palm OS development. on the other hand, developing this in java was a piece of cake, and it was free. Ideally tho, java should not be required, I agree.

But maybe now that I've stirred this pot a bit maybe someone will create it!
  5.    #25  
    Hi all,

I've kinda found a way to have the application not check for permission when using it. I've been in touch with Ivan of Kmaps and despite all his great help, I still can't figure out how to get this thing signed (I've heard it's done automatically if you purchase a 600 dollar Websphere product...boo).

So, in the first message there is a new attachment. Just hotsync the j9secpol.prc file onto the treo. It will overwrite the one currently on the Treo. It basically makes the Treo 650 not ask for permission to make an internet connection, which is seriously how it should have been to begin with. I can understand this for regular cell phones, but for a device like Treo... I think they should have been more thoughtful.

This is so far only tested on the Treo 650!
    Enjoy! Now it's supa fast!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Great app. Is there any way to incorporate current conditions or is this asking too much for freeware/
    I already have that file on RAM and it asks for permission. I went ahead and reinstalled that file and same.
  8.    #28  
    Interesting, I actually didn't hotsync it myself, so I'm not sure if it acts that way by design. I should have mentioned that YES, if you have java, this file is already on your system. The one on my first message is a modified version to allow all internet connections. If hotsyncing it to memory does not work, try copying/hotsyncing directly to your SD card and use filez or whatever your favorite file manager is to overwrite the one in main memory.

If anyone else could verify this worked, let me know.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 11/07/2005 at 08:11 AM.
    Owww, I didn't see that one in your first post. I used the java file on my PC.
    So I saved the on in your first post to my card then tried to move it over with Resco Explorer, error DB name used, tried to move it over with fileZ, error "can not perfor operation on card", did a warm reset and tried to move it iver with the stock launcher, error!, So I reset and moved it over with MegaLauncher, that worked perfect.

Your a genius! I love speeding things up. I use this everyday. Thank!
  10.    #30  
    Woah! That's quite the workaround!! I don't like things to be that complicated, this was all about trying to make things easier. Did you try the hotsync it?
    Last edited by g-funkster; 11/07/2005 at 09:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Great App! Thank you.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Woah! That's quite the workaround!! I don't like things to be that complicated, this was all about trying to make things easier. Did you try the hotsync it?
    No I wasnt home at the time. I did all that while doing 60mph. I drag and dropped the file on the card reader before I ran out the door
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Great app. Is there any way to incorporate current conditions or is this asking too much for freeware/
    This has been added to the latest version, on the first post of this thread. Check it out along with other enhancements, such as the ability to get the following 12 hours and weather averages (condition, highs and lows) for the next two days.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 11/08/2005 at 10:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    This has been added to the latest version, on the first post of this thread. Check it out along with other enhancements, such as the ability to get the following 12 hours and weather averages (condition, highs and lows) for the next two days.
    Works great. Thanks for the program and the update.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    just a fantastic app

thank you thank you thank you
    Great app!!! I followed the install procedure but when I launched zipchange.zip, i get a pop up window for a milli sec then it's gone. Because of that I can't change the zip. Any tips how to make the window stay up longer? I am on Win XP.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Great app!!! I followed the install procedure but when I launched zipchange.zip, i get a pop up window for a milli sec then it's gone. Because of that I can't change the zip. Any tips how to make the window stay up longer? I am on Win XP.
    The Hourly4Cast prc and the zip change exe need to be in the same folder on your PC or your results will happen.
    Anyway to get international forecasts (ie London)?
  19.    #39  
    LouisW,

Sorry, right now it does not work for anything other than US Zip codes, but that's because I've never thought to do it any other way. I'll try to get a fix for you (and if others are interested) soon.
    I knew that but I had a lot of trouble getting the zip change prc in the same folder. After I did that it worked fine. I had to hard reset and restore from sd and hourl4cast stopped working after that. Do I have to reinstall Java? If so, can I do it from the backup or archive folder and what fiels need to be installed?

Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    The Hourly4Cast prc and the zip change exe need to be in the same folder on your PC or your results will happen.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast