Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm pretty sure iSpin will be cooperative multitasking, NOT preemptive multitasking.. IE: Programs can be in the process of running, but not all running at the same time. They are paused when pushed in the background.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. So this will cause problems with any programs needing constant events to stay alive or do their work. Browsers would be fine, but this won't fix stuff like irc, IM, etc programs that need constant connectivity.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Update: Spincore, iSpin

According to some recent posts on TapTarget.com

The developer has decided not to release the spincore standalone app because it is just hacking the API of the Palm OS but will offer no new iSpin features. So apparently he is integrating the iSpin launcher with spincore. He is therefore perfecting certain programs to be bundled with it such as a reg editor, native text doc support and a notepad, as well as some others.
    This is holding off the release but the spincore is nearly complete.
    ~Dec 2005 release turns into April 2006, and still no product. I smell vaporware
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Any updates on this piece of software? I am still curious as to what the status is...
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    ~Dec 2005 release turns into April 2006, and still no product. I smell vaporware
    I smelled vaporware back in February.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I am afraid you are probably right, vaporware, iSpin itself isn't a bad launcher, though I prefer others, the idea of some sort of multitasking was neat though. Oh well.....
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Was that vaporware? Last time I smelled iSpin it smelled a lot worse.
    It appears the vaporware has been hermetically sealed.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Hype + more hype + missed deadlines + lack of any read beta code + more excuses = vaporware
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Its been a slow development but here is a teaser of iSpin 2.0 I just found it has a Windows Vista theme
    http://dragonsgames.com/Apollo/Shot.jpghttp://dragonsgames.com/Apollo/Shot.jpg
    .....because the Windows interface is so useful on a handheld device? Good grief. You should spend time making it work well rather than make it look like Vista.
    I remember back when 1src was a Sony Clie 'centric site there was a guy on there, from Israel IIRC. This guy said he was building a new OS/Launcher/Software thingy for the Palm world. He said it was gonna be all that and chatted it up incessantly.

This iSpin reminds me of that situation. He talked and talked and talked and ClieSource went to 1src and he still talked it up. Over a year passed and nothing but some mockups done in mspaint.

I am really not a cynical guy in person, but this makes me say tsk....I'll beleive it when I see it.

Best of luck to the developer, but it seems he is more bent on making a desktop like experience on the palm then anything else. I use my palm because it is NOT like my desktop.

Just my .02
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    .....because the Windows interface is so useful on a handheld device? Good grief. You should spend time making it work well rather than make it look like Vista.
    Have you even tried or experimented with the current iSpin?
    Its quite possibly the fastest launcher available.
    You can launch with or without stylus, it has a built-in Photo viewer, drag-n-drop support,recent launch list,Pocket Tunes support,multiple theme support,etc. etc
    All this for FREE with iSpin Lite

The only option is upgrading to full iSpin for $7.95 it gives you custom backgrounds and the ultimate feature called "Resident Taskbar" a task bar that will pop up within any app, similar to Hi-launcher and Zlauncher's Quicklaunch.
    Last edited by migs; 07/03/2006 at 08:19 PM.
    I tried it once.. It was the worst interface I've ever seen.. I had to scroll through a list of every application, or add applications to one single screen. If there was some other way to do things, it certainly wasn't obvious.

I'll stay with ZLauncher, thanks.. if iSpin ever comes out with real multitasking that gives time to each running process so that network applications won't time out, etc, then I'll have to give it another look.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    EzRocker 1.2 and iSpin 1.8 the perfect combination

EzRocker will put a "pointer" on your Palm that you can move around like the one on your PC all without the stylus. It gives you complete 5-way control in ANY APPLICATION! Works and looks INCREDIBLE! with iSpin. Just remember to hold down the the center button to toggle it on and off.

EzRocker+iSpin will give your Palm a true "Mini Laptop" feel.

iSpin 1.8
    http://forums.kteck-webs.com/taptarget/

Ezrocker 1.2
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodID=112649
    Funny. you started this thread over a year ago.... iSpin 2.0... ha.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    New Vista theme released today still for iSpin 1.8

http://forums.kteck-webs.com/taptarg...php?topic=57.0
    Can someone post the PRCs here. I went to each link and downloaded both latest version. Ispin 1.8 zip and skinUI but neither contained the vista prc's mentioned.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Download here iSpin 1.8 Vista Theme
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by migs; 12/30/2006 at 12:26 AM.
    Can someone post the .prc for the Ispin launcher?
    Matty
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast