Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is huge for the Mac - I donít use address book or iCal, but when Now up to Date goes to sync services soon, it means great syncing and all the information too!

Check it out.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I just purchased Missing Sync 5, upgraded from 4.xxx it's awwsome NOT MORE UNFILE contacts after syncing with iSync conduit whoohoo.... for those that have never used it try it out.
    yeah it has been awesome for me too... EMPTYING MY ADDRESS BOOK on my mac. i have already emailed them to find out WTF happened.
    Gee I have been eagerly waiting for my 5.0 upgrade to complete its download. The promises seem too good to be true, everything from categories, birthday fields, even contact photos are synced! I hope things work out for you, iSyncT608. I'd post back my results when I am done.
    Grrr...seems like I just bought Missing Sync a few months back and now they want $24.95 to upgrade? This had better be a MAJOR update to justify this. I wish Apple would do more so that we wouldn't have to depend on a third-party software program to do a decent sync with a Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by marc_dc
    Grrr...seems like I just bought Missing Sync a few months back and now they want $24.95 to upgrade? This had better be a MAJOR update to justify this. I wish Apple would do more so that we wouldn't have to depend on a third-party software program to do a decent sync with a Mac.
    How is this Apple's problem? Seems like it should be Palm providing better syncing sotware for their device.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I just bought this for the first time last night. Thought it was cool how it synced any of my contacts with pics to my Treo and that pic shows up in the contacts on my Treo now too. Just thought it was neat. Great program although I do think $40 is a bit much.
  8.    #8  
    People, with all due respect ...

40 bucks is not a lot, come on, think about the hell we go through on not having something work right. Yes, Palm should have given this to us period BUT they did not do it. This is a lot of work for these people and to have something that finally works on the Mac - I believe that this is SO worth it. We can even go PPC - (UGH) if we want - that is the beauty of sync services - and still get all of our information! Well - My 2cents

RD
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdaigo
    People, with all due respect ...

40 bucks is not a lot, come on, think about the hell we go through on not having something work right. Yes, Palm should have given this to us period BUT they did not do it. This is a lot of work for these people and to have something that finally works on the Mac - I believe that this is SO worth it. We can even go PPC - (UGH) if we want - that is the beauty of sync services - and still get all of our information! Well - My 2cents

RD
    For first time buyers $40 bucks is well worth the money to have seemless integration between Treo 650 and iCal, Address Book, iPhoto and iTunes. It makes the palm feel like an Apple product. Before version 5.0 all your contacts get dumped as unfiled and you have to manually file all your contacts under the right catagories not to mention alot of the fields in address book didn't sync at all. Also it automatically detects what you are trying to do for example you can hotsync from Treo => Mac via bluetooth or Connect to internet Treo => Mac via bluetooth and Missing sync can automatically distunguish what you are trying to do and just do it. Where as before you had to manually switch the software on your Mac between Sync and Intertnet mode.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Oh I think it is a great product. It's just the most expensive one I have bought for the Treo so far. Only having had it for a day, I really haven't played with it that much. Just sat it all up and synced 1 time.
    Does anyone use a treo600 and the new 5.0 Missing Sync? I have 4.0 and it works great, but I don't see how they will sync multiple addresses into the Treo. Unless of course, the 650 added multiple addresses per contact and other goodies. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    you have to pick work or home for what is synced to your phone at least you do with the 650
    I just worked. Not duplicates, no lost data, no panic. I have catagories again matched perfectly with iCal calendars and Address Book. I held on to Group Organizer and it's absolutely flaky server software for way too long in an attempt to retain catagories. I gave up on that mess about 6 months ago and resigned myself to a single catagory existence. I now have them back. It may be a simple even silly thing, but it makes me happy.

This is the way Palm/Mac sync should have worked all along.
    well after recreating my address book (thank god for BackupBuddy) i re did the whole thing today and it is working smooth.... i am happy to have the new conduits to make up for apple/palm slacking....
    If I only sync my Address book and iCal is there really a need for this product? I don't have a need to sync photos or music and Sync does the other two just fine from what I can tell.
    TreoSaurus
    I recently switched from the PC to the Mac, and have had no end of problems syncing my Treo. I have about 700 memos, and when I sync with both V4 and V5 of Missing Sync, any memos over #500 get duped. So, I initially have 700 memos. After one sync I have 900. The next sync will add even more dupes. Luckily I found and purchased UnDupe to remove the dupes, but it still screws up my Memo Categories. It's a real pain.

Everything syncs just fine on my PC with the Palm Desktop. I've even tried a CSV export on the PC, wipe the memo database, and import from the CSV to try and remove any possible corruption from the database. No luck.

Mark/Space haven't been able to help much. Can anyone confirm that they have over 500 memos, and successfully use Missing Sync? Otherwise I'll have to dump the Mac for Palm Syncing.

Thanks,

-James.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilfunkgenius
    Does anyone use a treo600 and the new 5.0 Missing Sync? I have 4.0 and it works great, but I don't see how they will sync multiple addresses into the Treo. Unless of course, the 650 added multiple addresses per contact and other goodies. Any ideas?
    Let me re-phrase this:

I have a Treo 600 and I just purchased Missing Sync 5. Everything synced fine, except that it did not include birthdays, IM names, websites, second addresses, or contact photos in the Contacts section on the t600. Does anyone know if these items are only for Treo 650 users?
    Yes, just T650s have the updated PIM apps.
    IF you want to be able to sync both home and work addresses, birthdays, contact photos, location of iCal events, full categoriesam and so on, yes, you need Missing Sync. I think having a Treo 650 and NOT using these features is self-crippling.
    Has anyone had any luck with internet sharing? I'm AT&T and a Treo 650.

jj
    Quote Originally Posted by iSyncT608
    well after recreating my address book (thank god for BackupBuddy) i re did the whole thing today and it is working smooth.... i am happy to have the new conduits to make up for apple/palm slacking....
    It's also a good idea to backup the Mac OS X Address Book and Calendars from time to time. In Address Book, go into File | Backup Address Book. In iCal, select File | Backup Database. Has saved my **** plenty of times when iSync gets wonky with my K750 or .Mac.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast