Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I upgraded to 1.17 Cing on my 650 yesterday and noticed that agendus wasn't showning any calendar data ... everything else went fine with the update. So of course, i upgraded to the latest agendus and when that didnt work, upgraded my missing sync as well. well MS now does away with isync all together and has its own events conduit so i thought the sync would work for sure, but its still wont transfer my Ical events to agendus ...and i cant figure out why ... MS support says itll be 3-4 days so i figured i'd ask here ...
    any takers/?
    I also experience that iCal events won't sync while all other data got transferred fine. I have emailed M/S but they seem cannot solve it except telling me to back up my data or resetting sync history. I am moving back to iSync and HotSync manager to sync iCal and Address Book for now. Hope the event-not-sync problem will be solved soon.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Argh.

Earlier, I was singing the praises of this thing, but now I reformed my opinion: it's CRAP.

Erased my Address Book at one point (luckily .mac restored most information--though not all ???), erased a task i took notes on the treo i needed this afternoon, and it added dupes of old dates in iCal! RIDICULOUS!

... utterly unreliable. IT. SHOULD. NEVER. LOSE. DATA.

I HATE THIS SOFTWARE NOW! @#$*&

DON'T GET IT.
    Count me ticked as well. First lost my tasks, then some appointments and now all of my calendars have vanished.
    The Missing Sync has now be updated to version 5.0.3. It might solve some of the problems that some of you are encountering.

If you are running into issues, I strongly suggest joining up with the MarkSpace Missing Sync e-mail discussion community. The developers (and other users) are very responsive, and might be able to help with any issues that arise.
    Quote Originally Posted by dingosatemybaby
    Count me ticked as well. First lost my tasks, then some appointments and now all of my calendars have vanished.
    This may not be a Missing Sync issue. Are you running OS 10.4 (Tiger)? Did you recently update it to 10.4.3? There has been a lot written at macfixit.com about this update mysteriously eradicating contacts and calendars. Check there and you might get some help, though I don't know if anyone came up with a solution. Keep backing up!
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    OS X 10.4.9, Missing Sync 5.2
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Possibly. But this never occurred before MissingSync, with 10.4.3.
    Has anyone using MissingSync on a Mac tried syncing their Treo also on Windows XP running Palm Desktop?
    I think I have things fixed... for now. Basically I took suggestions from MacFixit, here, and Apple discussions and threw them all together...

This is what I did:

1. I deleted all of my to-dos that I had set up as repeat items (iCal seems to not like to-dos that repeat)

2. Went into Library/Preferences/ deleted the following files:

com.apple.iCal.AlarmScheduler.plist
    com.apple.iCal.plist

3. Then I went into Library/Application Support/iCal and deleted all of the .plist files and the Sources folder.

4. I then restarted the computer.

5. I then unregistered the sync client in Missing Sync for both events and to-dos

6. Sync'd, making sure that iCal was not open at the time.

So far, I have been able to do multiple syncs with everything syncing correctly and nothing disappearing. New events and to-dos created both in iCal and on the Treo have properly sync'd as well.
    I no longer use a Treo 650 and no longer use a Mac as my primary machine. However, I do have a PowerBook and I'm thinking of moving back to the Mac Platform with one of the new iMacs.

Two of my frustrations that led me away from the Mac and the Treo 650 were:

1. Even locations would never synchronize
    2. Home addresses would appear as work addresses on the Treo and work addresses would not synchronize at all.

By contrast, when using the Treo 650 on Windows (and synchronizing with Outlook), this was not a problem. Of course, the Windows Mobile devices sync perfectly with Windows.

So, as I said, I am thinking of going back to the Mac. Does the new Missing Synch 5 fix these two problems?
    David
    Although I've been going through fits the last week trying to get iCal and Missing Sync to behave, I have never had any problem getting locations to show up in my appointments using iCal and Agendus. Also with regards to addresses showing up in the correct location, that has not been a problem either.
    Quote Originally Posted by dingosatemybaby
    Although I've been going through fits the last week trying to get iCal and Missing Sync to behave, I have never had any problem getting locations to show up in my appointments using iCal and Agendus. Also with regards to addresses showing up in the correct location, that has not been a problem either.
    I haven't had a problem either. I use MSync 5.0.2 and Agendus 10.03.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345