Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 92
  1. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #61  
    No the program worked correctly, you just messed up. When you hard reset, you earased all of your contacts. What you should have done was wentin and marked it to overwrite the Treo one time only. It would have put all of your contacts back on your phone. When you sync, it looks at both PC and Treo to see when it was updated last. By hard resetting, you basically made the computer think you deleted all your contacts which is what it did on the pc or mac. This again is not a fault of the program, but rather the user.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by fly888
    Also, how simple is having the pics taken through the camera on the treo sync to iPhoto? How many extra "taps" are needed?
    0 "taps"... it's automatic after it is set up.
    Matt
    http://homepage.mac.com/mguthaus
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by D@Vo
    MacUser: You mentioned AgendusPro 10. I currently run AgendusPro 10.02 for all my addressbook, datebook, todobook, etc....Do Missing Sync work with AgendusPro? I got tons of data on the Treo that I do not want to lose. I am considering of purchasing Missing Sync as I am having difficulties syncing with Palm Desktop (soft reset in the middle of hotsync).
    I haven't had any problems with Agendus and MS5. I don't know if I'm just lucky, but since Agendus uses the same database as the built-in calendar, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  4. emtkopan's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    No the program worked correctly, you just messed up. When you hard reset, you earased all of your contacts. What you should have done was wentin and marked it to overwrite the Treo one time only. It would have put all of your contacts back on your phone. When you sync, it looks at both PC and Treo to see when it was updated last. By hard resetting, you basically made the computer think you deleted all your contacts which is what it did on the pc or mac. This again is not a fault of the program, but rather the user.
    I'm having the same problem. I think yo are misunderstanding the problem. v5 cleared out my address book and iCal. The events and contacts are still on my TReo 650 but I cannot get them to sync to Address Book or iCal. I've tried a reinstall of missing sync and triple checked my conduits. Now how do I get the information from my Treo to my powerbook? Actually after the fifth sync in a row more events were missing from my iCal but not from my Datebook 5. Any ideas?
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by emtkopan
    I'm having the same problem. I think yo are misunderstanding the problem. v5 cleared out my address book and iCal. The events and contacts are still on my TReo 650 but I cannot get them to sync to Address Book or iCal. I've tried a reinstall of missing sync and triple checked my conduits. Now how do I get the information from my Treo to my powerbook? Actually after the fifth sync in a row more events were missing from my iCal but not from my Datebook 5. Any ideas?
    I am having considerabel difficulty with address book and iCal and I understand the "basics" of not loosing data. I am awaiting response from Mark/Space regarding errors during sync. My main problem may be that I got excited about the new features of MS 5 and began syncing two macs to my treo 650 using the new features. After hours of trouble shooting and eventually wiping out addressbook and ical files on one mac (I'm assuming there was corruption, but waiting on Mark/Space response), and hard resets on treo, I have one mac and treo syncing well.
  6. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #66  
    Ah I was not using Datebook 5. I was assuming you were using the standard contact program on the Treo. I can't help you out with what was not working.

    As for you blood, I have two macs that sync, but I use my .mac account to sync the two computers and then I only sync with one. I used to sync two computers on the Treo when I used 2 pc's but it always messed stuff up so I stopped doing it.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    Ah I was not using Datebook 5. I was assuming you were using the standard contact program on the Treo. I can't help you out with what was not working.

    As for you blood, I have two macs that sync, but I use my .mac account to sync the two computers and then I only sync with one. I used to sync two computers on the Treo when I used 2 pc's but it always messed stuff up so I stopped doing it.
    Thanks, I have staretd doing this. One question: My address book categories don't seem to sync. Is that normal?

    Explanation: My treo syncs addressbook categories with one mac but macs don't isync the categories (it just adds contacts with out placing them in catergories). iCal is working great.....
    Last edited by Blood Duster; 11/21/2005 at 08:29 PM.
  8. #68  
    FYI, TMS5 has been updated to 5.02.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  9. #69  
    My first problems with Missing Sync have shown up. Actually they have been there since I started using it, I just noticed it.

    If I create a repeating event in iCal and specify an end-date (as opposed to # of occurances) then after sync it adds an extra day on the Palm side. It still reflects the proper date in iCal. Grrrr ...

    I've already reported it as a bug.

    Be careful out there. I'm now questioning the accurancy of all of my appointments. (I noticed 1 or 2 dissappeared, and I'm not sure why.) I might go back to keeping paper backups of all of my appointments.
  10. #70  
    I have to say first that I am THRILLED with MS 5. Basically, it brough my Treo back to useful service status. Because of an error that no one could solve at Palm I was unable to sync or even connect my 650 to my PowerBook via USB. I had about given up when MS 5 came out and though it took some serious and dedicated work, I am back and fully up and running. Categories are back! Pix are supported! iCal works (mostly)! And with the added iTunes, AvantGo and iPhoto conduits thrown in, it really has helped my Treo be alot more of what it is supposed to be.

    One thing I urge everyone to do is to make sure that all fields and categories on both your desktop and handheld are EXACTLY the same. I found that the sync would do a reset until I fixed this and then it worked nicely in both iCal and Address Book syncing.

    Two problems I am having: iCal events do not seem to be transferring from desktop to handheld suddenly. And the Tasks conduit always creates a reset on the Treo, thouugh it does transfer all tasks I've created on it. Anyone having this? I'm going back in to check my categories again to make sure that doesn't have something to do with it. The error # is consistent- >>> Unexpected error 16394. I've written MS and am waiting for a response.

    But overall, I am really grateful at the hard work these folks put into the product. Worth every penny! Podcasts are now incredibly easy to put on my Treo using a Smart Playlist in iTunes. NPR on the subway- NICE!
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    OS X 10.4.9, Missing Sync 5.2
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    FYI, TMS5 has been updated to 5.02.
    I'm still using 5.0.1, which has been very stable for me. How is 5.0.2 working out for you?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  12. #72  
    5.02 has fixed nearly every problem I had. I had the task problem mentioned above and a few other "reset" nightmares. Tec support email from MS was very helpful..now syncing all conduits to a powerbook and then isyncing two macs.....will it work for more than 2 days is the question!!!! I sometimes try new things before I should, but don't all Treo owners?!?
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Duster
    5.02 has fixed nearly every problem I had. I had the task problem mentioned above and a few other "reset" nightmares. Tec support email from MS was very helpful..now syncing all conduits to a powerbook and then isyncing two macs.....will it work for more than 2 days is the question!!!! I sometimes try new things before I should, but don't all Treo owners?!?
    Was there any specific fix to the Tasks problem? Or was it just fixed with the update? I am running 5.02, but still have the resets. I've written MS twice w/ no repsonse thus far. Here's hoping it gets fixed!
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    OS X 10.4.9, Missing Sync 5.2
  14. #74  
    So- still no word from MS support and I am still having the same problems:

    Reset after/during the Tasks conduit
    No transfer of events from iCal to Treo

    ARGH! If I can't sync my calendar, then it is a huge setback. Anyone have any suggestions? HELP!

    Now an additional one: iSync keeps running Conflict Resolver during a sync even though I have iSync turned off. It always tells me there are conflicts between Address Book and The Mark/Space Contacts database. How is this even possible if I don't have iSync running?

    Oh- and don't fill in middle names in Address Book if you want to get proper syncs. Every contact that had one tripled it w/out the middle name (but also leaves a copy of it w/ the middle name) in Address Book after a sync. This might be due to iSync though. Not sure, Finally just cleared out all the middle names in contacts and then there was no duplicating going on. Zoinks. Anyone else seen this?
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    OS X 10.4.9, Missing Sync 5.2
  15. #75  
    I'm lovin' MS 5, the iTunes and iPhoto capability is easily worth the upgrade price, but being a dork I REALLY like the contacts photos synching and the BT internet sharing. That's how much of a geek I am: I am so jazzed to surf the web/email on my Treo using my PowerBook's internet connection via BT.. except there's no reason to when my Pbook is right there! (No unlimited data service over here).
    -mbd26
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Genetic Jack
    Was there any specific fix to the Tasks problem? Or was it just fixed with the update? I am running 5.02, but still have the resets. I've written MS twice w/ no repsonse thus far. Here's hoping it gets fixed!
    I was told by MS not to use iSync while syncing, rather to use it after (so don't have your mac set to automatic but manual). I was also told to reset sync data (iSync) with good data from ical and address book. Then I was told to do a few desktop overrights handlhelds syncs after checking for dups in AB a few times. Also be sure MS app and time copy are on handheld. This has fixed my crashes and things are up and running. I have a problem wiht AB not sync, but I'm not sure what that's about ( i think is has to do with me putting conatcs in m0re that one cat. on AB).
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Duster
    I was told by MS not to use iSync while syncing, rather to use it after (so don't have your mac set to automatic but manual). I was also told to reset sync data (iSync) with good data from ical and address book. Then I was told to do a few desktop overrights handlhelds syncs after checking for dups in AB a few times. Also be sure MS app and time copy are on handheld. This has fixed my crashes and things are up and running. I have a problem wiht AB not sync, but I'm not sure what that's about ( i think is has to do with me putting conatcs in m0re that one cat. on AB).
    Thanks for that. I have stabilized some of the issues. iCal problems seem to have been about matching exactly the categories and doing a couple of over-writes from desktop. Tried doing the same for Tasks but still no go- I get a reset every time with an error number and M/S didn't have an answer for it. The iSync is weird because I do have it turned off (set to manual) and yet the Conflict Resolver opens during a sync and tells me there are conflicts between both Address Book and M/S and I have to then go through and choose which entry is correct and then it asks if I'd like to Sync now to resolve all issues. I cannot find a place to turn this off and it does not seem to even be a conduit. Can't even find the app on my PB using Spotlight so it must be a part of iSync but, again, I have that turned off. According to the iSync log, I haven't even synced since early Nov. yet Conflict Resolver keeps opening and running. Weird huh?
    GSM Treo 680
    Cingular
    *MacBook Black
    OS X 10.4.9, Missing Sync 5.2
  18. #78  
    I upgraded to 5.02 and now my iTunes syncing is working
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  19. #79  
    Hi All,

    I'm having a problem with my Contacts and Address Book Categories/Groups getting all muddled. I don't actually lose anything, it just kinda moves things around. Does anybody have any insight on what might be causing this?

    more info:
    - i have about 10 categories/groups
    - 6 of them sync perfectly
    - 4 of them (named AMNH, Personal, Tennis, Restuarants) have problems
    - problems include contacts getting categories swapped, put in multiple groups, etc.
    - Before syncing, I do make sure the Group names and Categories match exactly.
    - Running MS 5.0.2 under Tiger with Treo 600

    My hunch is that it these group names are undesirable for some reason. OR that i have overlooked contacts in multiple groups in Address Book and that confuses Contacts.

    Any ideas? Suggestions?

    thanks,
    kelle
  20. #80  
    Hi All,

    Just thought I'd share a tidbit about my adventure with MS 5: I am unable to USB sync my Treo 600 when iTunes is open. It doesn't matter if the iTunes conduit is on or not. This might be related to the fact that I use iTunes to transfer stuff from Audible, but I'm not sure.

    Anyway, having trouble syncing? Try quitting iTunes.

    kelle
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions