Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm trying out Missing Sync (5.0) for the first time and it acts like I am syncing my datebook with iCal with the Mark/Space Events condiuit but the iCal calendar remains empty. It says the sync worked but the data in the Treo doesn't get onto iCal. The contacts<>address book sync works perfectly. Any suggestions?? Thanks...
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    OK, there are a couple of reason's I've held off trying out Missing Sync:

1. No trial version, as far as I can see. Is this right? What happens if I don't like it?

2. No syncing of categories. Complete and utter non-starter, buy (yay!) they appear to have fixed that.

Seeing as my iCal is completely empty and my Address Book might as well be, I'd like to start from scratch. If I clear everything down and install/run Missing Sync, will I find my iCal and Address Book fully populated with all the data in the places I'd expect?

Are there any gotchas, frex' if I take a photo for a contact on my Treo, sync, then update that photo in Address Book (using a better photo off my Mac) will changes be synced back? Do all types of repeating task sync properly both ways, eg repeating 8 days after completed? If I make adjustments on my Mac, do they carry over to the Treo? Is there anything that doesn't sync properly?

If I hard-reset my Treo, will I be able to restore it exactly as it is now? Trying this with the standard Palm Desktop and conduits results in various problems such as repeating tasks resetting to the first date they were given, and memos losing their order. Does Missing Sync do any better?

I'm genuinely intrigued by Missing Sync - I've found Palm Desktop such a pain to use, and with so many different fields to the Palm (a hangover from its roots, I guess). So I have pretty much used my Treo as a standalone item, only using the desktop when copying and pasting large amounts of data and for backup purposes. Missing Sync might just make my Treo a lot easier to manage. But to help me decide whether it will work for me, I'd appreciate your negative experiences. I've seen lots of positive stuff on the recent thread (which is good!), but *****ing [ooh, censorship, cool] and moaning gives me a better idea of the shortfalls and whether I can cope with them! My main concerns are accurate syncing of data and Bluetooth syncing/internet access.

-zoara-
    I'm having problems getting it to work with iCal. I've spent hours on it, read the manual, sent emails to support (no reply yet), posted help questions here, searched the net for relevant info, and still haven't goetten it working correctly. I'm assuming I will eventually, but it's been frustrating to say the least!
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    I purchased this program this afternoon. I must say that it is about as flawless as I can imagine. I've had 0 problems with it and it's added a ton of functionality that I was otherwise missing from the Windows side of things.

Even better: It's added functionality that I can't even get on the Windows side .... such as sync folders, etc.

The only thing I'm missing at the moment have to do with photo management.
    1) I'd like to keep the iPhoto playlists as categories when I transfer files down to the Treo 650.
    2) When I pull photos from the Treo 650 I'd either like to preserve the folder strucutre (if pulling to a folder) or at least create iPhoto playlists that match the folders on my SD card. Without that I have a lump of pictures basically.

That is a minor nit-pick though when you consider how much I've gained. This was the best $39 app I've ever bought.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by aviduser
    Does the new Missing Sync work with categories on DateBk5? I have a T600. The native calendar does not support categories AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

How does the address syncing work with the T600?

Frankly, the earlier version works like a charm and I have been very pleased. But given my (experimental) experience with iSync (which sucks) it sounds almost too good to be true--actually synchronizing wth iCal (not losing categories) and Apple's address book app? Amazing.

~avid

Since I have a 650, I don't know if having a 600 makes any difference. That being said, I have no problems at all synching various calendars with their matching categories in DateBK5.
    Check out the listserve...lots of problems with iCal, haven't seen as many with contacts. They are creating new versions of MS 5 as we speak to address these issues. If things are working for you now and you don't want to risk being a beta tester, I'd recommend waiting.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    there was an update that came out earlier in the week. I have had not issues with this program at all.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Just got it. Disparate information on Palm and Mac with iSync. You can assign a minimal conduit usage profile and syncs take seconds via Bluetooth. It works perfectly; I am so happy. I'm just now installing Docs-to-Go 8

w00t
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy
    Check out the listserve...lots of problems with iCal, haven't seen as many with contacts. They are creating new versions of MS 5 as we speak to address these issues. If things are working for you now and you don't want to risk being a beta tester, I'd recommend waiting.
    I have the same problem on one of my Macs (no info going to iCal even though it says it did). Is this what they are addressing? Contatcs, tasks and others work fine.

what is listserve?
    I'm one of the lucky who has MS 5 working well with my 650. As others have stated, it would be cool to have the iTunes playlists copy over to pTunes on my Treo.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    MacUser: You mentioned AgendusPro 10. I currently run AgendusPro 10.02 for all my addressbook, datebook, todobook, etc....Do Missing Sync work with AgendusPro? I got tons of data on the Treo that I do not want to lose. I am considering of purchasing Missing Sync as I am having difficulties syncing with Palm Desktop (soft reset in the middle of hotsync).
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Duster

what is listserve?
    Mark/Space maintains a listserver for people who are having issues with their products. The link below takes you to the archives for Missing Sync for Palm.

http://lists.markspace.com/pipermail...mber/date.html
    I've looked around on this site and have not found the advice I'm looking for but if it is here and I missed it, I'm sorry. I am working on a Mac(10.4.3) using a Treo 650(Verizon 1.03) syncing with Missing Sync(4.0.6). Are you with me so far? Anyway, I need to upgrade my phone software and my MS software and I'm hoping to get some advice from those who have gone before me. MS 1st, 1.04 update 2nd? Vice-versa? Also, the instructions on the Palm site for updating assume that I'm using the Palm sync software, are there any modifications I need to make since I'm not?
    do you have an sd card?
    Contacts and events appear slower after MS 5. I have about 6 different calendars/colors in calendar and 7 categories in contacts; this seems to be why.

Big Question:

Anyone having trouble with USB sync? I am getting no response from mac (missing sync 5) and then when I tap cancel on Treo 650..i get a nice soft rest to **** me off to no end.....all was well with BT sync (expcet that it is taking for ever to chew on my cals and contacts; and now the USB sync is pulling this junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy
    Mark/Space maintains a listserver for people who are having issues with their products. The link below takes you to the archives for Missing Sync for Palm.

http://lists.markspace.com/pipermail...mber/date.html
    Thanks Mobilguy.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    <merged>
    I can certainly get an SD card if it'll help.
    Quote Originally Posted by iSyncT608
    yeah it has been awesome for me too... EMPTYING MY ADDRESS BOOK on my mac. i have already emailed them to find out WTF happened.
    It emptyied my address book too after i had to hard reset my handheld. it even warned me that it was going to overwrite everything on my handheld. then bam--emptied my address book on my computer. that is sync-ing alright--just stupid!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast