Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I just got a reviewers copy to review for my site, am looking forward to using it on my Powerbook. I've used missing sync 4, this looks like a nice upgrade. MarkSpace added so many cool features.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I have been waiting for MarkSpace to come out with an update like this for a quit some time. Despite some initial problems, I have been pretty happy with the new sync capabilities that they have implemented in this version. Namely, better Address Book and iCal support. I also really like the fact that they added search capabilities in the bundled MemoPad application.

The great thing is, I can now really start using my Mac to manage my life, and my Treo has now become a portable extension of that
  3. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Any other Entourage users got v. 5 yet? I don't use Address Book/iCal/iSync or any of that so I'm not familiar with all these bugs that have apparently been fixed, but it sounds great for those users. I'm not really clear on how much has been changed that would benefit Entourage users.

One thing I'm excited about, though, is different sync profiles for BT, cable, etc. I've never understood why that wasn't an option. It might be worth it just so I don't have to manually change my profile to do a basic PIM sync with BT. To me the whole point of BT sync is not to have to touch the computer.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Is this for real?

Flawless syncing of categories AND seperate calandars? Can someone who has been using this for at least a few days confirm this? What conduits don't work under Missing Sync? (Like voicememo i've heard)

Also, how simple is having the pics taken through the camera on the treo sync to iPhoto? How many extra "taps" are needed?

I'm impressed at what I've heard so far. This may give me a whole new reason to go back to missing sync.
    Last edited by fly888; 11/05/2005 at 10:55 AM.
    Can anyone comment on the syncing of the photos taken on the Treo going into iPhoto? Can you now *keep* and use the photo of a contact?

I'm going to read up on the Missing Sync website now...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Ahhh, I couldn't help myself. Everything looked so good on the site, so I just bought it. Now it's time to play with the new toy!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    What's 'Sync Services'?

Yeah, I know, Google, blahblah... what does this savvy group know that doesn't sound like marketing copy?
    Sync Services basically allows applications direct access to the master databases rather than forcing them to go through iSync. With MissingSync 5 iSync is no longer used.

Syncing of Palm photos to iPhoto is flawless for me. You can also sync the images to a folder if you don't want to use iPhoto. No taps needed at all after the intitial set up.

I have not encountered a conduit that was working before MissingSync 5 that is not working now. As a bonus, I can now sync documents from a folder on the Mac to a folder on the Treo without using the horrible Docs to Go conduit.

I really like the ability to backup contents of my SD card also. I lost one once and it was really a pain to add my data back to the replacement. Fortunately, I have not had a chance to try the restore function yet.
    Could those using Missing Sync 5.0 provide some information about how fast it syncs? Thanks.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    Hello everyone...
    I am considering getting a Treo soon and I was looking at the missing sync as a solution to sync the treo with my mac (running Tiger). What are the main differences between this and just using the stock syncing software that would come with the Treo?
    so far this upgrade is great. the tighter integration with the iLife stuff is awesome, especially the respecting of the ical calendars to palm categories, and syncing the address book photos to the palm contacts database. it's all the stuff i missed from the tight integration the symbian and sony ericsson phones have had with isync. and the backup of the sd card negates having to buy backup buddy pro. i think it's finally making palms a first class citizen on the mac, probably even more-so than on windows.
    I have been playing with the "new" Missing Sync and it's great. I deleted the mess of mp3s I had on my Treo and am organizing nice Playlists in iTunes. I am going through all of my pictures and setting up Treo Albums in iPhoto to easily move nice digital pics I have to my Treo. Also, I'm really loving Splash Photo for free. Well, yeah I paid for MS 4 & 5, but I really feel like Verison 5 is going to be worth the $25 upgrade. Next up, I'll be looking at breaking up my iCals again(I had to merge them to get my Treo functional ) and maybe even check out Agendus 10.

I'll post back when I have everything set up and make a "daily" sync.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    So I've been playing with it. My largest complaint before was why Apple nor MarkSpace allowed for Address Book contact images to not sync - and now they do!!! Yayness!

The one weird thing so far, though, is that I've noticed now that browsing through my contacts on the Treo 650 is significantly slower. It's like its having a hard time refreshing the screen or reading through the data. When I start to type the name of a person, it's delayed in what shows up. Is anyone experiencing this? I have plenty of space freed up on the internal RAM.

And oh, can someone help me figure this one out. It's a multi part question.

So say I take a picture to go along with a contact or have one synced from the Address Book on my Mac with Missing Sync 5.0.

1. How do I view that image elsewhere like in Pics and Video?

2. How do I extract the image?

3. Is there any way to see the picture at a larger size when viewing their contact information? If that person calls me, their picture caller id shows up and I see this lovely legible picture. But if I view their contact info, I see this tiny poorly resized version on screen. If I hit the screen or image, it brings me to editing the contact info with an even smaller more garbled version of the image to look at.

What do i do?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebeancurd
    The one weird thing so far, though, is that I've noticed now that browsing through my contacts on the Treo 650 is significantly slower. It's like its having a hard time refreshing the screen or reading through the data. When I start to type the name of a person, it's delayed in what shows up. Is anyone experiencing this? I have plenty of space freed up on the internal RAM.
    I, as well, have noticed this. But it really doesn't seem to bother me all that much, and I think the tradeoff is well worth it. I'm sure it has to do with the "enlarged" contacts database; since pictures are stored there it probably takes the device more time to search and render contact information.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Ya I have a ton of free space on my Treo but have noticed it is a bit slower when viewing contacts now.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Does the new Missing Sync work with categories on DateBk5? I have a T600. The native calendar does not support categories AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

How does the address syncing work with the T600?

Frankly, the earlier version works like a charm and I have been very pleased. But given my (experimental) experience with iSync (which sucks) it sounds almost too good to be true--actually synchronizing wth iCal (not losing categories) and Apple's address book app? Amazing.

~avid

1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Why do people think that sync'ing with address book on the mac slow up searching through contacts on the Treo-- is it because you added lots of new contacts and/or pictures?
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ Yes, I have been adding pictures to my contacts for quite some time now on my mac. I have probably attached a picture to over 50% of my contacts.

After I initially synced with MS5, my contact searching was noticeably slower, but by no means unbearable.

For me, the $25 upgrade was well worth it; my Treo is now one with my iLife
    Well, my iCal categories does work with Agendus 10. It's a pretty upgrade from Version 9. The new views with the calendars is nice.

I love the Caller ID with the pictures I think it's worth the slight delay when going through the Address Book.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Does this software sync Now Contact and Now Up to Date?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast