Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    My wife and I both have Treo 650s. She no longer wants hers and got a new "regular" phone today. Is there a way that I can copy her phone call DB (or whatever stores the contacts in the Treo) from her SD card to my card and import it to my phone (i.e., add her contacts to mine)?

    Any suggestions are appreciated.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  2. #2  
    Launch Contacts on her phone, set category = All and choose Send Category or Beam Category from the menu.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Launch Contacts on her phone, set category = All and choose Send Category or Beam Category from the menu.
    Bill, thanks for the quick response!!

    Unfortunately she has already turned her phone over to my friend at Sprint. All I have left is her SD card......
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    Bill, thanks for the quick response!!

    Unfortunately she has already turned her phone over to my friend at Sprint. All I have left is her SD card......
    You have her SD card...not her SIM card, right? So, I assume that you're working from a backup of her phone's RAM. If that's the case, then do this:
    1. Backup your Treo to your SD card.
    2. Remove your card and insert hers.
    3. Copy ContactsDB-PAdd from her card to RAM, overwriting the current file
    4. Launch Contacts, set the category = all, choose Send Category from the menu and then your email application as the vehicle.
    5. Email that file to one of your accounts
    6. Remove her card, insert yours and copy ContactsDB-PAdd to RAM, overwriting the current file
    7. Download the email from step 5 and open the attached vcf file with Contacts.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    You have her SD card...not her SIM card, right? So, I assume that you're working from a backup of her phone's RAM. If that's the case, then do this:
    1. Backup your Treo to your SD card.
    2. Remove your card and insert hers.
    3. Copy ContactsDB-PAdd from her card to RAM, overwriting the current file
    4. Launch Contacts, set the category = all, choose Send Category from the menu and then your email application as the vehicle.
    5. Email that file to one of your accounts
    6. Remove her card, insert yours and copy ContactsDB-PAdd to RAM, overwriting the current file
    7. Download the email from step 5 and open the attached vcf file with Contacts.
    You're the man!!......or angry stuffed animal brown guy
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    You're the man!!......or angry stuffed animal brown guy
    I'll take what I can get.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    4. Launch Contacts, set the category = all, choose Send Category from the menu and then your email application as the vehicle.
    5. Email that file to one of your accounts
    When I select "Send Category" it asks if I want to turn Bluetooth on and says nothing about an email option. Am I being daft?
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  8.    #8  
    Bill,

    Is there a reason I don't have an option to send via email?
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    Bill,

    Is there a reason I don't have an option to send via email?
    Do you have an email option for Send in any application? Pull up a memo and select Send Memo...
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Do you have an email option for Send in any application? Pull up a memo and select Send Memo...
    When I hit "Send Memo" it asks me if I want to turn Bluetooth on. So, no I guess.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  11. #11  
    What model T650 are you using? What email apps do you have on it?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  12.    #12  
    Sprint with 1.12 modified ROM (removed VersaMail). I have BizCon.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    Sprint with 1.12 modified ROM (removed VersaMail). I have BizCon.
    Ahh...I'll bet that's it. BizCon, unlike Versamail, Snapper or Chatter, must not register with the exchange manager as being available for the Send command.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Ahh...I'll bet that's it. BizCon, unlike Versamail, Snapper or Chatter, must not register with the exchange manager as being available for the Send command.
    So my only other option is to view her database in my Contacts and have her copy all of her names and numbers. If you can't go high tech I suppose crazy low tech monkey stuff will work!

    Thanks for your help.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  15. #15  
    Well, I suppose that you could:
    1. Hard reset your Treo
    2. Copy her contacts database to RAM
    3. Hotsync to a new username on the Palm Desktop
    4. Export those contacts from the Palm Desktop to a holding folder
    5. Pull up your username in Palm Desktop and import those Contacts
    6. Hard reset your Treo and sync with your username.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Well, I suppose that you could:
    1. Hard reset your Treo
    2. Copy her contacts database to RAM
    3. Hotsync to a new username on the Palm Desktop
    4. Export those contacts from the Palm Desktop to a holding folder
    5. Pull up your username in Palm Desktop and import those Contacts
    6. Hard reset your Treo and sync with your username.
    OK, so I tried to do this and then realized that when I went to the card my only option was to restore from BackupBuddy. Did this, can't hotsync to a new username, but hers is on my computer anyway so I did that. I then went to PalmDesktop and tried to look at "Contacts" and there's nothing there.

    I then tried to "Import" through Palm Desktop her PhoneCallDB.PDB that is in her backup folder in the palmOne folder on my computer. This didn't work either as I suppose it isn't a vCard or archive folder.

    Perhaps my computer and Treo skills, while reasonable, are not at a level where I can figure this out.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  17. #17  
    If you've got BBVFS Pro on the card, you can restore just one file...that's all you have to do.

    If you've got BBVFS personal and can only do an entire restore, do this:
    1. Hard reset your Treo
    2. Restore her data from the card to your Treo
    3. Hotsync to her username on the desktop (I suggest that you change the action of her Contacts conduit to, "Handheld overwrites desktop")
    4. Export her desktop contacts to a holding folder
    5. Import those contacts from the holding folder to your Palm Desktop user
    6. Hard reset your Treo and Hotsync.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    3. Hotsync to her username on the desktop (I suggest that you change the action of her Contacts conduit to, "Handheld overwrites desktop")
    4. Export her desktop contacts to a holding folder
    5. Import those contacts from the holding folder to your Palm Desktop user
    6. Hard reset your Treo and Hotsync.
    I have Pro, she has Personal. I did what you suggested and indicated "Handheld overwrites desktop." When I pull up PalmDesktop under her hotsync ID there still are no contacts and under "File" I do not have the option to Export.....I do have the option to "Import." I may be misunderstanding this one step.

    You are a man of infinite patience. I appreciate your help.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  19. #19  
    What does her Hotsync log say after that last sync?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  20.    #20  
    HotSync operation started for [name] on 11/02/05 14:08:19

    Install - checking device capabilities
    - Installed Package Installer
    OK Quick Install
    OK Adobe Reader
    OK Media
    Documents To Go Message(s)
    Error accessing Documents To Go user information.
    You must first open the Documents To Go desktop application, select the appropriate handheld user, and synchronize again.
    Error accessing Documents To Go database
    Outlook Calendar
    - Slow Sync
    OK Outlook Calendar
    Outlook Contacts
    - HH overwrite Desktop Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Slow Sync
    OK Outlook Tasks
    Outlook Notes
    - Slow Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    -- Backing up CarrierProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\CarrierProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\NetworkDB.PDB
    -- Backing up npadDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\npadDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Tetris Prefs to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\Tetris_Prefs.PDB
    -- Backing up ThumbnailCache to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\ThumbnailCache.PDB
    -- Backing up WallpaperCache to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\WallpaperCache.PDB
    -- Backing up HSTraceDatabase to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\HSTraceDatabase.PDB
    -- Backing up Messages Database to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\Messages_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\NetworkProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up SMS QuickText to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\SMS_QuickText.PDB
    -- Backing up _iSiloDocSettingsDB_ to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\_iSiloDocSettingsDB_.PDB
    -- Backing up BackupBuddyVFS to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\BackupBuddyVFS.PRC
    -- Backing up usbhelper to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\usbhelper.PRC
    -- Backing up PocketTunes to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\PocketTunes.PRC
    -- Backing up Blazer Cookies to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\Blazer_Cookies.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts_______.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up Queries to C:\Program Files\palmOne\whitne\Backup\Queries.PDB
    OK Backup

    HotSync operation completed on 11/02/05 14:09:16
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions