1.    #1  
    I had a bunch of apps installed in internal RAM and the device internal memory was just about full, so I tried to move them to the card. They showed up with asterisks after their names in LauncherX (great program but hasn't been updated in forever) and caused a soft reset whenever I tried to launch any of them. So I removed them all and re-installed to the card. Finally got them working (except for Scrabble which for some reason never showed in the launcher if I installed to the card; any ideas?).

Now, though, for some reason I have two copies of Chatter, one on the card and one in RAM. I am trying to remove the one in internal memory as it's a dupe. But I can't; if I drag it to the trash, no matter if I try to delete the app only, app+prefs, app+prefs+DBs, I get an error saying "some of the databases could not be deleted". This persists even after a soft reset.

Why am I apparently stuck with two copies of Chatter, and how can I get rid of the internal one? For now I've moved it to my "black hole" tab in LauncherX, the one with all the icons for stuff I don't want to have to see ... but it's there, and taking up space...
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Try doing a soft-reset holding the 5-way up. I believe that boots in "safe made" without loading any user-installed software. Something might be loading at boot and locking the databases.
  3.    #3  
    Looks like that worked! Thanks. Now if I could get AvantGo to stop whining that AGConnect isn't installed ... if I can't get that to run off the card, I might just kill it, as it's huge.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Have you tried using the shortcut function in LauncherX? If you drag the icon of your app on to the sd card widget at the bottom, you have the choice to create a shortcut for the app if it is already on the card. The Palm OS sees this as a version of the app in memory and launches it. It seems to work for some apps that are on the card but not being recognized.

Jason
    AvantGo will run from card.. AGConnect itself has to be in ram. AGConnect isn't too large.

However, AvantGo's databases can get HUGE and it won't save to SD card like it's supposed to reliably, so keep that in mind.. Mine varies from 1.6M to 2.8M sometimes.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Using the LauncherX shortcut I'm able to keep agconnect on the card. LauncherX puts it in ram when needed and then unloads it. At least, that's what I assume it does.

Jason
  7.    #7  
    ... and now I find VeriChat refuses to run from the card, grr ... *delete* I was going to try it, now I won't.

I'll fight with AGConnect later, I think. Don't feel like dealing with it now. But thanks for the tips!
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    AvantGo will run from card
    What method are you using to get it there? Using PowerRUN it wont sync.

However, AvantGo's databases can get HUGE and it won't save to SD card like it's supposed to reliably, so keep that in mind.. Mine varies from 1.6M to 2.8M sometimes.
    At some point I got a 3mb upgrade on AvantGo for free for doing a survey, but after I checked the "save avantgo data to SD card" it has always stored it there. It would suck if it was taking up 4+mb of RAM.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  9.    #9  
    And guess what: It reappears, NOT marked as "on the card", in the Apps tab of LauncherX as if it were a newly installed app. HOW is it coming back!?
    <moved>