1.    #1  
    I'm using Tomtom Navigator 5 via Bluetooth with my Treo 650 and it works well - once it decides to start working. I have to drive along switching the GPS receiver on and off, or the phone on and off, on average four times each before the unit starts working. Is anyone else having the same problem or shall I just go back and do battle with Dixons?
    I use the Delorme BlueLogger GPS receiver and don't have a problem at all. On a cold start it may take 30 to 45 seconds to get a good lock. But after that, it's connected and stays connected.
  3. gw1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I've had some problems getting the Treo to connect to the GPS. I have the white TomTom gps receiver, and I've found that it will connect reliably if I turn on the GPS before starting TomTom, but will have problems connecting otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1
    I've had some problems getting the Treo to connect to the GPS. I have the white TomTom gps receiver, and I've found that it will connect reliably if I turn on the GPS before starting TomTom, but will have problems connecting otherwise.
    Same here. Waiting for a "cold" GPS to acquire a position is the hardest part. If I can wait for that, TTNav5 gives 2 beeps at the I agree screen, then starts right up.
    I just orded a sweeet deal from Semsons they offer a package for 339.00 a Sirf III dual bluetooth/ Hardwired GPS from Holux with the Nax 5 Software and a car cradle for the Treo 650 with all cables to keep phone charged and run the GPS wired so it will charge at same time. This way you can use a bluetooth headset to get incoming calls and not have to switch off the headset or you can take the headset off blutooth and run the GPS on it. I shopped around and this is by far the best deal
    Sorry people price is $239.99 Sorry for the error and its Nav5 from Tom Tom
    I just got the Tom Tom Nav 5 setup and couldn't be happier with the outstanding performance thus far. Satellite acquisition is quick, bluetooth works great, and approaching 60 years old, life just got a lot less challenging! I'm enjoying my new toy, and really appreciating the 650 even more as my friends shell out $1,000 for GPS systems for thier cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackeyres
    I'm using Tomtom Navigator 5 via Bluetooth with my Treo 650 and it works well - once it decides to start working. I have to drive along switching the GPS receiver on and off, or the phone on and off, on average four times each before the unit starts working. Is anyone else having the same problem or shall I just go back and do battle with Dixons?
    I think I have a similar problem. One way I found to get it to detect it faster is to power-cycle the GPS module then turn off bluetooth on the treo, and finally turn it back on and load up tomtom. Otherwise I wait upward of 2 minutes before tomtom detects it... no idea why this works or why I need to do it, but it's better than waiting 3 minutes...
    Always wait for the bluetooth GPS to acquire sats before starting the tomtom program. There is generally an indicator on the GPS that will let you know when it acquires sats. It can take a little longer on cold starts. In my experience, starting my car in motion generally forces a speedier acquisition of the sats by the bluetooth gps.