1.    #1  
    I have taken some vids w/my Treo 650 and converted them w/AVS Video converter to MPG.

Problem is that the resulting files (each just over 3 minutes) are freakin' HUGE! Both over 27 Megs!

Is there any way I can reduce the size now? PLEASE HELP!
    I usually convert to DIVX or '.wmv' (windows media file , as 90% of PC's can play them).

I usually get the same quality as the original file for about 1 meg per minute.

The trick is to find a software package that will convert the .3g2 files from the treo. The River Past package seems the best of a bad bunch. Try the demo (below)

Link to River Past Demo
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    If you're looking to reduce size for use on the Treo, http://www.omniquiti.com/store_pde.html
  4.    #4  
    Neither of those (while appreciated) are of any help.

Like I said: I've got the videos on my computer, but they're HUGE! I need some way to reduce them in size so I can email them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TXWelder
    Neither of those (while appreciated) are of any help.

Like I said: I've got the videos on my computer, but they're HUGE! I need some way to reduce them in size so I can email them.
    But thats exactly what the River Past Software will do. It can convert pretty much any format to any format. So either convert your raw .3g2 files from your phone or 're-convert' your mpgs. If your looking for a way to reduce the mpg's to email-able sizes its not going to happen. mpg format is very high quality (thats why its used on DVD'd etc) and somewhat wasted on the sketchy video the 650 takes. As I stated I have found wmv's to be comparable in size and quality to the .3g2 the 650 takes. And when you email them you can be assured that they can play on other peoples PC's...good luck!
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!