Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    well isn't that just great... have the same problem, I am a sprint user... so now that we have a native pdf reader in the form of doc to go 8.01 now we have to choose... java script sites on blazer or pdf native reader... that is @#$$it
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I think i'm having a similar problem as everyone else. I'm on a gsm treo650 on t-mobile and i havent been able to login to bloglines.com and when i try to login to gmail it tells me i have cookies disabled, even though they arent. curiously if i go turn off cookies it doesnt show me the cookies disabled message and just lets me get into my account, still no luck with bloglines though. I just dont understand it worked fine until a couple of weeks ago.
    I don't think Docs2Go is the problem. I've never installed that on my Treo and I'm having the same issues as every1 else. A hard reset DID NOT fix the problem, as I tried it while it was still vanilla and the problems were still there.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Turns out that Documents to Go has a mangled file association that it sets. Instead of "application/pdf" it sets "applicationpdf" and blazerf is choking on this. I've laid it out for their tech support, but not heard anything back from them since last thursday. I'm using the <A href="http://www.resco.net/palm/explorer/v_2_60.htm">new beta of Resco Explorer</a> to assert the corrected association for DXTG, and blazer is consistently working perfectly again.
    Hey bklech
    can you walk us thru the process for the technological challenged ones...
    Sure, go to http://www.resco.net/palm/explorer/v_2_60.htm and download the latest beta of Resco Explorer.

I don't remember exactly what the screen looks like for a new installation, but there should be an item for "Control Panels" - you'll want to click on that and if presented with a menu of options choose "Explore". Inside of Control Panels are six options, you'll want to explore the "Associations" item.

Look through the list for the item with file type: "applicationpdf" and application: "Documents"

Select that and delete it.

Click "Done"

Then from back in the main view, choose the Menu>Tools>Manage Associations item. Check the box for "Restore on each Reset", press the button for "Backup", and dismiss the dialog by clicking "OK". That'll leave you at least working.

I don't know if or how much of this is crippled by not running a registered copy of Explorer.
    I just saw in the ChatterEmail forums that DataViz posted a patch to Docs2Go8 that fixes teh hijacked bad associations problem. The patch is working fine for me now. (If you followed my directions above for the work-around, do remember to turn off the Associations Manager in Explorer, too.)

http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13719
    Quote Originally Posted by bklech
    I just saw in the ChatterEmail forums that DataViz posted a patch to Docs2Go8 that fixes teh hijacked bad associations problem. The patch is working fine for me now. (If you followed my directions above for the work-around, do remember to turn off the Associations Manager in Explorer, too.)

http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13719
    Good find. Eventhough I uninstalled Docs2Go a while ago, running their patch fixed my java errors.
    hey bklech thanks man for helping
    Help anyone -
    I downloaded the dataviz patch file that bklech linked to in this thread but still I find I'm getting java script time out errors when trying to access webmail (tampabay roadrunner) nor can I even get to my govt work webmail anymore. Both worked fine on my Cingular 650 phone that I'm about to send back (got a sprint model do to the cheaper data plan.

How many Sprint users have this problem and has the dataviz patch fixed it?
    Next stop is Sprint support I guess.
    Hmmm.....Went through the Dataviz patch install but the patch calls for me to place the dataviz.prc file in on my hard drive (C drive;program files;Documents to go file). Except there is no 'documents to go' file in the program files window??

Anyone know what is going on with that? I am a windows user.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12