Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From Palm's web-site Dated 11/01/2005:
    This software is designed to improve the ability of emergency response personnel to locate users who dial 911 from the Treo 650 smart device.

Link to the firmware update with directions:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...11_sprint.html
  2.    #2  
    I installed it. I guess I won't know if it does anything unless I get into an emergency. It didn't seem to hurt, anyway.
    Causes my Sprint 650 to reset immediatel when I tap the icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    Causes my Sprint 650 to reset immediatel when I tap the icon.
    mine did also on the first attempt but the install went fine the second time
    Sigh...I thought this update would be bigger, maybe even a new logo, and some of the stuff we saw in the leaked GSM firmware.
    I'm not gonna mess with this...long live the Treo 700p!
    I will pass on this one...
    HTC Touch Pro
    I think Public Enemy said it best: "911 is a Joke." I will stick to my trusty P95 Ruger and my Triage backpack. Especially after the Gulf Coast fiasco!(sure, someone's coming for you. Just relax in the back of that trunk!) Now if Sprint would only open their Agps for third party developers to create killer apps that we will use more then...maybe I would bite!
    Flawless, error free install here. I agree though, it'd be nice to see some more improvements in the release.
    What's really outrageous about this is that THIS IS ALL Palm needs to do to update our Treo 650s to support Microsoft's new Direct Push functionality.

Clearly, they are still releasing Firmware updates, so why haven't they released one for Direct Push? After all, Microsoft says that Palm has had early access to the code needed; so they have had 5 months to refine the update.

Shame on Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Sigh...I thought this update would be bigger, maybe even a new logo, and some of the stuff we saw in the leaked GSM firmware.
    Hey, Sprint has already had two updates. Us GSM'ers have only had the one.
    I "think" I gained some memory less than 1mb though
    Treoing & Loving it
    I just did the update, it was painless.
    http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...-firmware.html

It shows Palm cares about us, and wants us to be future Treo 700p owners,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Mine also reset the first time trying to update, the second time was fine.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Update went off without a hitch. I was hoping that "disable wakeup" would have been included in this update, with regard to Bluetooth.
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    mine power cycled &b I had to HARD reset. LAME
    Previous updates have crippled Supertooth I. Does anyone have experience using this BT gadget with this update?
    Updated without a problem.

911/Police response before the update: 4.5 minutes.
    911/Police response after the update: 3.5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    Updated without a problem.

911/Police response before the update: 4.5 minutes.
    911/Police response after the update: 3.5 minutes.
    LOL!! in either case I hope you are well armed. By the time the police get there whatever was going to happen has already happened.

Oops, were we talking about Treos! Must have hit one of my buttons!

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    So I suppose this minor update is in-lieu of any future ROM updates for the Sprint T650 that fix the continuing memory problems?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast