Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This update was already in my Treo 650 when I purchased it. I have hard resetted at least once since then and the update doesn't go away (when I check my phone version, it still shows as 1.12a). So I'm not sure, but once I hotsync the 1.12a update (E911_Firmware_Updater.prc), will it ask to reset my Treo 650? If so, is it safe to add to the 1.12 ROM that's available on Palm's site? I'm making a custom ROM and want that 1.12a update in it so I want to know if it's safe to add it in the custom ROM.
    I applied the update when it first came out, and my Treo hasn't been the same since. Programs that always worked now reset my device, and at times I get the reset-loop where I have to hard-reset my Treo to cure it.

I've had my Treo since April and NEVER had this happen before.

And also, if you do a hard-reset, the firmware still says 1.12a.

So my question is: Can I re-apply the 1.12 ROM to get this thing back to where it was, or am I screwed?

Thanks!

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjancef
    if you do a hard-reset, the firmware still says 1.12a.

So my question is: Can I re-apply the 1.12 ROM to get this thing back to where it was, or am I screwed?
    Unfortunately, no reset (soft, warm, hard, zero-out) will wipe out a firmware.

You could try reapplying 1.12, and see if it lets you. It may halt once it checks your version, and sees that the current firmware is later than the updater's version. Give it a shot.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Unfortunately, no reset (soft, warm, hard, zero-out) will wipe out a firmware.

You could try reapplying 1.12, and see if it lets you. It may halt once it checks your version, and sees that the current firmware is later than the updater's version. Give it a shot.
    Ugh... I was afraid of that... Guess I can try it.. gulp...

Ken
    Mine came with 1.12a preloaded. Is there any way I can make a backup of what I have now (1.12a) so I can reload it if I ever have to? Also, if there is a way to make a backup of the 1.12a that I have now, can I use that backup as the base for my custom ROM instead of having to download the regular non "a" 1.12 from Palm's site?
    I just got a refurb 650 from my Sprint store. I noticed that it had the new Sprint logo upon turning it on, and then found 1.12a. I will say that this phone is the first time that my Versamail has ever worked properly. I'm not sure if there were any fixes, or if I just got lucky. But before, I wasn't able to download my mail if I had more than 2 messages. I downloaded 15 without a hitch the other day. I'm glad too, as my Snappermail trial just ran out!

D.C.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123