Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi
    Hi, when I run palm internal software, I have "hede" with "actnames". Do you have this too?.

Call me stupid but what the heck is a "hede"?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac
    they were in palm contacts, but after installing agendus somehow they got erased. actually, if i open palm contacts up now i'll see some strange text at the bottom of the screen which i believe relates to the picture that was once there.
    9th,

We haven't seen any other reports of this. How many contact photos did you have?

The nutshell installer used to extract the Iambic files - is used by many companies - and since Agendus handles photos seperately from the native Palm Contacts app - I'm not sure what could have occured. I'm not saying it was Agendus's fault nor I'm I saying it couldn't be. There haven't been any other reports of this - that I'm aware of over at the forum.

Did you download over the phone or hotsync the install?

Were the contacts on a Card or in RAM? Did you load the program from that same card? Too many variables without more info to pin it down.

Perhaps if you stipulate the steps you took then I can try and reproduce.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Call me stupid but what the heck is a "hede"?
    Hey stupid, here's what Hede is:

(heh. just kidding. But you DID tell me to call you stupid.)

Find the 22-page thread about PalmInternals. HEDE refers to a method a program can use to always run in the background. Programs that use HEDE a certain way slow down the device, because it is always hitting the CPU.

Having just installed Agendus 10 pro, it is not listed in PalmInternals under HEDE for me.

I can imagine that maybe the "autoupdate checker" does, but I never enable that nonsense.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    OK, so I just installed Agendus Pro 10.02 Pro. Been using it for an hour. I've been a registered Agendus/Action Names user since version 4. My thoughts and answsers to questions:

1. Starts up just as fast as version 9.06 pro for me; just under 2 seconds. I have almost 1000 contacts and just one year of meetings, around 100 memos, but almost no todos (I use ShadowPlan for that). I am starting to think that slowness happens when you have a lot of contact photos, thousands of Icons from multiple icon libraries, or lots of wallpapers.

2. Doesn't seem to use HEDE.

3. FINALLY recognizes ChatterEmail as my Email program.

4. Dialing phone numbers isn't pure torture with a smartphone.

5. Has options for selecting what site you get maps from: Yahoo (huge maps without a star indicating address, but detailed), Maporama (which I haven't heard of, but they have a PQA, of all things, for direct access, but it doesn't seem to work on a T650), and Mapquest (which takes forever to download such a tiny, useless map). Directions can come from different sources too.

6. Adding voice recording and drawing to everything (memos, todos, meetings) is nice.

There are a few negative things (primarily, it takes two megs of ram now!), but I'll reserve my opinion on them until I really give version 10 a workout.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    Hey stupid, here's what Hede is:

(heh. just kidding. But you DID tell me to call you stupid.)

Find the 22-page thread about PalmInternals. HEDE refers to a method a program can use to always run in the background. Programs that use HEDE a certain way slow down the device, because it is always hitting the CPU.

Having just installed Agendus 10 pro, it is not listed in PalmInternals under HEDE for me.

I can imagine that maybe the "autoupdate checker" does, but I never enable that nonsense.

-Warr
    Well it might help if I read the PalmInternals manual/or thread since I do have it........

Thanks for the education.
    Moose Man
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    OK, so I just installed Agendus Pro 10.02 Pro...
    There are a few negative things (primarily, it takes two megs of ram now!)...
    -Warr
    They really gotta break up that behemoth binary into a bunch of smaller binaries that implement different sets of features, then let users decide which ones they want.

At the very least, you should be able to install some pieces of the app on the card, the way Docs-to-Go works.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    9th,

We haven't seen any other reports of this. How many contact photos did you have?

The nutshell installer used to extract the Iambic files - is used by many companies - and since Agendus handles photos seperately from the native Palm Contacts app - I'm not sure what could have occured. I'm not saying it was Agendus's fault nor I'm I saying it couldn't be. There haven't been any other reports of this - that I'm aware of over at the forum.

Did you download over the phone or hotsync the install?

Were the contacts on a Card or in RAM? Did you load the program from that same card? Too many variables without more info to pin it down.

Perhaps if you stipulate the steps you took then I can try and reproduce.
    I hotsync'd, the contacts are in RAM. I had to go through all of my contacts and re-assign photos to contacts. Some photos were on the card, some were in RAM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123