Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble

Time for the special prosecutor!

Perjury anyone?
    can someone comment on the startup speed of 10.02?

Is it improved and as fast as 9.06? Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I have NOT locked it and I am not seeing the problems.. In fact Agendus 10.0 was pretty crashy, 10.1 did sometimes, 10.2 has yet to crash on me. I also have dbcache.prc running for kicks.

I've seen most of my crashes messing with the "Wallpaper" prefs, or when assigning/viewing contacts with Agendus-assigned pictures. I just don't go into Wallpaper (just makes things hard to read and isn't visible on the split view anyway) and assign contacts pictures from the Palm contacts application (it works better there anyway).

I think there must be some other program clearing out the cache on you.
    I locked Agendus with Resco Locker, & set DBcache to free<3M.
    #*377 shows "VFSDBCache.c, Line:463, records dirty after sync" while
    "Agendus". This happens when I quit Agendus after running YinHanDA, a English --> Chinese dictionary.

It will also happens if I manually clear the cache with DBCacheDA while running Agendus.

Can any kind soul please try clearing the cache with DBCacheDA while running Agendus to see if the device crashes ?

It seems that Agendus opens the PIM & other data files without locking them, & these databases are being cleared from the cache in the process. Any comments?

Thanks
    I *did* say for kicks! :P Don't see any differences with it on, just tried it one night a week or so ago I couldn't get Blazer to download anything and it's been on since.

Resco on the other hand is awesome, NO lost prefs since using it.
    Oh, I don't use a DA.. Doesn't sound like a good idea to clear cache *inside* a program!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    can someone comment on the startup speed of 10.02?

Is it improved and as fast as 9.06? Thanks!
    It depends on your device. I've seen people say 10.02 is quicker to start than 10.01 and people who feel it takes the same amount of time between the two versions.

I've not seen anyone who says it's quicker than 9.06. And it's questionable if the program is improved over 9.06. It depends on your device and your usage (and patience).

I have a treo 600 and start up is way too slow (4-5 seconds compared to a fraction of a second for DateBK5) and you can no longer key in times with the treo 600 keyboard (they've known this for 45 days and have refused to fix it in 10.01 and 10.02 upgrades--which tells you a lot about Iambic in general).

I've seen treo 650 users also report mixed results on startup times--some say it improved for them (2-3 seconds they consider good) and some say it hasn't changed or is worse (7-8 seconds). I don't know that anyone has identified what, specifically, is causing the problem--Iambic just seems to blame it on the size of their program and the size of your database--which obviously isn't a solution.

Iambic is a bit of a strange breed among developers who tend to blame everyone and everything, except their own practices, for many of the things users point to as issues. Just once, it might be nice if they took responsibility for sloppy work. Say "we rushed and didn't do our best, we'll make it right." Then go about "making it right."
    I suspect that the startup times are something that Agendus is doing that's inconsistant with different users.. That would include other software installed, associated Iambic databases (icon sets, wallpaper, etc), and of course the PIM databases.

They REALLY need to provide a debugging version to people willing to test it that would create some kind of log indicating profiling information; how long it's taking to do certain things.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Agendus uses the default PIM Calendar application and it's database. If you can't get Agendus to sync to the Exchange it's not the fault of the program - it's the fault of the Palm database.

If your trying to sync Wirelessly via Active Sync - can't help. But I'm syncing to an Outlook Exchange file on my 650 via HotSync without any issues.

But the ability to sync wirelessly is not - not an Agendus problem. It's a problem with the Palm setup.
    Sorry, but I have run this down with iambic, Cingular and Palm. The specs are indeed available from Palm for proper syncing of the calendar with Exchange, but have not been implemented properly in Agendus. Thus, while you can get email from a company Exchange server, the calendar will not update correctly, and all times are from the location of the server, not the actual time of the appointment.
    Jer 23:29
    my 10.02 loads in 4 seconds flat. I have 700 contacts & 3 years worth of appts. I have 15 megs of free RAM ( thanks to powerrun) and not using PXA or resco. Heck blazer takes 4 seconds to load for me. My outlook on a sony laptop takes well over a minute, relativley speaking, for all the functions agendus offers 4 seconds is acceptable to me.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann
    Sorry, but I have run this down with iambic, Cingular and Palm. The specs are indeed available from Palm for proper syncing of the calendar with Exchange, but have not been implemented properly in Agendus. Thus, while you can get email from a company Exchange server, the calendar will not update correctly, and all times are from the location of the server, not the actual time of the appointment.
    In your original post this point wasn't clear. Yes Agendus does not support two time zones so if your server is in a different time zone (apparently) then you would have an issue if your server wasn't set to reflect correctly.

I'm not sure this will correct it on the Treo but it did solve our issues when using BlackBerry (POS) that reflected a CST time when I was in PST.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...127061033.aspx
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I suspect that the startup times are something that Agendus is doing that's inconsistant with different users.. That would include other software installed, associated Iambic databases (icon sets, wallpaper, etc), and of course the PIM databases.

They REALLY need to provide a debugging version to people willing to test it that would create some kind of log indicating profiling information; how long it's taking to do certain things.
    Regarding the debugging version - I can bring that up over at Iambic but do you know of such a program that does this?

Speed issues: TH55 seems to be the worst offenders and not much improvement and I don't think it's going to improve since no Simulator is available for it....after Sony pulled the plug.

Icon sets have a big influence. Agendus added the ability to use Icon's from multiple sets in v8. Compared to Datebook which only uses one. If your using multiple sets - speed improvements will be realized on most device by pairing down to only one icon set via Icon Manager and thus removing the multiple links.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    My Agendus only takes like 2 seconds to start up. I have about 5-6 events each day and a couple hundred contacts. I really like the visual improvements to Ver 10, as well as the various calendar views.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    i just started using Agendus Pro and have noticed that my picture caller id stopped working. Is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac
    i just started using Agendus Pro and have noticed that my picture caller id stopped working. Is this normal?
    Works fine on mine......but the caller id portion is only going to be from the default Palm Contacts. If you've added the pics to Agendus expecting to see them and they are not in Palm Contacts - that's the issue.

Are your pics still linked in the Palm Contacts?
    Moose Man
    they were in palm contacts, but after installing agendus somehow they got erased. actually, if i open palm contacts up now i'll see some strange text at the bottom of the screen which i believe relates to the picture that was once there.
    Welcome to the Buggy World of Iambic. Where all our releases fix problems we've created for you as upgrades!
    Jer 23:29
    do not get me wrong, I like AGP and I will continue to use, but this issue needs to be fixed. I start my day W 15.8 free mb, mid-late day it is about 14.9. soft reset does not restore lost mem, what will is making AGP crash (that's easy). any thoughts, fixes, .... etc
    Treoing & Loving it
    Hi, when I run palm internal software, I have "hede" with "actnames". Do you have this too?.
    Whoa! Agendus 10 (which still looks like ActNames in many internal areas) is taking up a HEDE?

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    do not get me wrong, I like AGP and I will continue to use, but this issue needs to be fixed. I start my day W 15.8 free mb, mid-late day it is about 14.9. soft reset does not restore lost mem, what will is making AGP crash (that's easy). any thoughts, fixes, .... etc
    I hate to sound like a broken record but I'm not seeing this on my 650. Memory is pretty much constant. Can you see if there is a specific file within Agendus that is "growing"

I've attached a couple of screen shots of all of the files tied to Agendus. If your adding photo's they'll grow at the rate of about 56k per photo though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Moose Man
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast