1.    #1  
    Finally got a 650 and having problems hot syncing. I think I need to just clear everything out of the device and add apps back one at a time. But I can't get it to hard reset.

I am following the directions in the book. (Hold down the phone/end button. Hit reset button. Keep holding phone buttton down until round Palm logo comes up. Release. Say yes when it says "erase data?")

I've done this about a billion times and it doesn't work! It never gets to the point of asking me if I want to erase.

Suggestions?
    Hold down the red end button, and also hold down the up arrow. Then release when the Palm logo appears.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  3.    #3  
    Doh! Even though what you described is, I believe, a SOFT reset you actually solved my problem when you said RED button. I was actually holding down the frickin' GREEN button. No wonder it didn't work.

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss149
    Doh! Even though what you described is, I believe, a SOFT reset you actually solved my problem when you said RED button. I was actually holding down the frickin' GREEN button. No wonder it didn't work.

Thanks for your help!
    No, it's a hard Reset. A soft reset is just pressing the reset button.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Well, I guess my manual is wrong. It says soft reset is up arrow + reset button and hard is reset + phone/end button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss149
    Well, I guess my manual is wrong. It says soft reset is up arrow + reset button and hard is reset + phone/end button.
    Pressing the up button would be a warm reset
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."