1.    #1  
    What is the latest firmware update and where can I find it, palmone/us/support? I see something that says 1.04, is that the latest update?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    1.04 is the latest and you can find it on Palm's website.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  3.    #3  
    Has anyone experienced better handset volume with the upgrade? Or do I need to but the Volume Care program?
    This is an excellent firmware upgrade. It's cured the random soft-resets that were occuring, prior...phone is much more stable.

Download it at PalmOne.com. Make SURE to follow the online instructions, on the site, EXACTLY, while upgrading the software. You should backup before doing it, and it will instruct you to create a temporary user for the install. Make sure the Treo is plugged into the AC charger during the entire process, or it won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    Has anyone experienced better handset volume with the upgrade? Or do I need to but the Volume Care program?
    Actually, I didn't know if it was my imagination or not, but I sure can hear a lot better since the upgrade.
    Here's the upgrade:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html
    I already had volume care installed prior to the update. I did notice a lack of random resets which is a plesant change
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I could be wrong but I'm having a few issues (and I do have volume care installed.)

1) While it's cool and cooler to look at, I'm getting a bunch of random resets. Might be other apps, e.g. Agendus, causing this.

2) None too terrible but I also get weekly freezes when the phone rings and I can't answer the call. Must reboot.

3) All my calls seem to automatically place this new albeit cool squarish level meter for volume square in the middle. Every time I receive a call I have to raise the bloody volume.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    I could be wrong but I'm having a few issues (and I do have volume care installed.)

1) While it's cool and cooler to look at, I'm getting a bunch of random resets. Might be other apps, e.g. Agendus, causing this.

2) None too terrible but I also get weekly freezes when the phone rings and I can't answer the call. Must reboot.

3) All my calls seem to automatically place this new albeit cool squarish level meter for volume square in the middle. Every time I receive a call I have to raise the bloody volume.
    Exactly the same situation for me...I'm experiencing all three, as well. I have Volume Care installed, as well as a multitude of other apps. It ticks me off that I have to increase the volume every single call, as well as put up with the resets.

I ran into the freeze on a call yesterday. I was in the middle of a meeting (had the volume set off) and the ringer vibrated, and it wouldn't stop. After about 3 minutes of continual vibrating, I finally had to ask my account if it would be OK for me to check my phone. It was stuck on a call coming in, and I couldn't answer it...frozen.

With others OK with this upgrade, I wonder what we have that causes these conflicts?
  9.    #9  
    I think I have better volume on my handset since the upgrade.