Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I went ahead and purchased a black leather Nutshell pouch holster (w/ clip) for my Treo 650.
  2.    #22  
    I have read not to get the rivet on the pouch, so I called Nutshell and they said with the clip it has a rivet but it is covered over with material on the inside. Is that correct, and has anyone experienced scratching because of the rivet?
    When some one mentioned the rivet they are talking about a lump that was found in the Nutshell cases around 8 months ago. Nutshell quickly fixed the problem. But neither then or now was there ever a issue with scratching the phone. The metal on the Nutshell is covered with padding and top quality thick leather. I have had mine for a year and it looks brand new. It is the best protection for the Treo on the hip
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...dinginside.jpg
    Just to clarify. This is no longer an issue.
  5.    #25  
    Thanks!
    Welcome
    Can you get the nutshell without the d-ring?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    I have read not to get the rivet on the pouch, so I called Nutshell and they said with the clip it has a rivet but it is covered over with material on the inside. Is that correct, and has anyone experienced scratching because of the rivet?
    You are correct, the material inside covers the rivet. However, the head of the rivet is inside and presses on the keys when the phone is on and in the case (like when you are on a bluetooth headset). You can get software to disable the buttons when you are on the phone, but I wanted, (and got) a Nutshell case without the rivet.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    Can you get the nutshell without the d-ring?
    They will cut it off for you but then you cant return it. I asked them about that before I ordered mine. So I decided to order it with it just in case I wanted to return it. after 2 weeks I cut it off with some bolt cutters. You dont have to buy bolt cutters, they are hanging on the wall at every hardware store, you can just pull one off the wall and cut it off easy as pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    You are correct, the material inside covers the rivet. However, the head of the rivet is inside and presses on the keys when the phone is on and in the case (like when you are on a bluetooth headset). You can get software to disable the buttons when you are on the phone, but I wanted, (and got) a Nutshell case without the rivet.
    I didnt order my case without a rivet and the inside of my case is totally smooth and flat. Where would this rivet be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I didnt order my case without a rivet and the inside of my case is totally smooth and flat. Where would this rivet be?
    The rivet was right where the 9 key is on the keyboard. That is one of the keys being pressed when my phone was in the case.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12