1.    #1  
    Are there any non-wireless portable keyboards for the Treo 650? My boss has gone through 2 wireless keyboards (one Bluetooth and one IR) and claims neither of them work (though I've been able to get them to work just fine).

I haven't seen any non-wireless keyboards for sale on this or any other site, so I fear they don't exist.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger
    Are there any non-wireless portable keyboards for the Treo 650? My boss has gone through 2 wireless keyboards (one Bluetooth and one IR) and claims neither of them work (though I've been able to get them to work just fine).

I haven't seen any non-wireless keyboards for sale on this or any other site, so I fear they don't exist.

Any suggestions?
    http://thinkoutside.com/

Get the IR. The treo doesn't allow you to use more than one device via bluetooth. I have had it for months and works flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB
    http://thinkoutside.com/

Get the IR. The treo doesn't allow you to use more than one device via bluetooth. I have had it for months and works flawlessly.
    Which carrier is your 650 on?
    I have Sprint with firmware 1.12.
    I also have the Palm Wireless IR keyboard. Palm's driver does not play-well at all with the Treo 650 with firmware 1.12.

Wondering if you have Sprint as your carrier, if the Think Outside driver works without problems.

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    Which carrier is your 650 on?
    I have Sprint with firmware 1.12.
    I also have the Palm Wireless IR keyboard. Palm's driver does not play-well at all with the Treo 650 with firmware 1.12.

Wondering if you have Sprint as your carrier, if the Think Outside driver works without problems.

TIA

I am on Cingular. Updated the driver recently from the Think Outside site
  5.    #5  
    Carrier is Verizon. My boss had a Bluetooth keyboard first, and he said that didn't work. Then I got him the IR, and now he says that doesn't work. Though whenever he gives it to me to check out, it works fine.

Beats me. I may try updating the driver.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I know with the Palm Universal Wireless, there are problems with the driver and the latest Sprint FW. So there could be CDMA issues with using an IR keyboard. I'm using the Palm with my GSM and it's working just fine.

I don't know if the think outside drivers also have an issue with the CDMA firmware.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Maybe we have the same boss.

I found this one just today:

http://www.karbonsystems.com/Treo-Ac...specs-162.html

I haven't ordered it yet, but probably will today, after my boss had technical and stewardess issues on a Southwest flight today. Seems some people think that IR keyboards can bring down a 737...