1.    #1  
    I want to do a hard reset and re-install my apps. I need to use the same hot sync name for some of the apps to register properly. How do I do that without restoring the original data from the hot sync name?

Thanks.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    in your user profile in the Palm folder, rename the backup folder to something like Backup_old. When you hotsync the apps won't be restored.
    I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I was searching for an answer to the exact same question, so....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    in your user profile in the Palm folder, rename the backup folder to something like Backup_old. When you hotsync the apps won't be restored.
    Does this mean the programs won't be restored but my PIM data will? I want to hard reset and reinstall the apps, but I want to keep my contacts and calendar.
    Yes your PIM data will be restored . by changing the name of the backup folder your apps wont be resynced just PIM
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    FYI, your PIM data are stored in files with .DAT extension in the following folders under your Hotsync ID directory:

<Hotsync ID>\address\address.dat
    <Hotsync ID>\datebook\datebook.dat
    <Hotsync ID>\memopad\memopad.dat
    <Hotsync ID>\todo\todo.dat

They are not affected when you rename the
    <Hotsync ID>\Backup
    directory which has all the other files.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    What they all said!!

What you are doing is a "clean install" which gets rid of any potential 3rd party software corruptions that may have occured and are causing trouble:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=clean+install

Cheers Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/01/2006 at 10:23 AM.
    You may also need to delete or rename the Versamail folder if you don't want your email settings restored.
    Ah yes. I deleted that conduit altogether. I'd rather re-create my accounts in Versamail when I am good and ready for it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Thanks for the replies. I just hard reset and sync-d all my personal data back just fine, and am now installing the apps i've decided to keep.

Thanks again.