1. pkx
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Do any PC applications exist that will allow me to send an SMS through my bluetooth-paired Treo?

Ideally it'd tie into Palm Desktop so that I could just choose names in my contacts rather than typing in phone numbers...
    Usually you can send SMS via email to phone-number@carrier. For example, 3015551212@cingularwireless.net (or some similar address). Therefore, if you have BT DUN and can send email, and can figure out the email equivalent of your correspondent's cell/sms number, you should be in business.

That being said, why don't you simply use your excellent Treo to send the SMS? That's nw of the most useful things about having a full keyboard on a phone.

-Jeff DLB
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I use the phone-number@carrier feature and then created an email list in outlook (which you can do in hotmail or gmail as well.)

Here is a list of common carriers addresses:

AT&T <number>@mobile.att.net

Cingular <number>@mobile.mycingular.net or <number>@mobile.mycingular.com

Verizon <number>@vzwpix.com

Sprint PCS <number>@messaging.sprintpcs.com

T-Mobile <number>@tmomail.net

Alltel <number>@alltelmessage.com or <number>@message.alltel.com

CellularONE <number>@mobile.celloneusa.com

Green's Communications <number>@pager.schmobile.com

GTE Wireless <number>@messagealert.com

Nextel <number>@messaging.nextel.com

Omnipoint <number>@omnipointpcs.com

Qwest <number>@qwestmp.com

SMF/Schuylkill Mobile Fone <number>@pager.schmobile.com

SouthernLinc <number>@page.southernlinc.com

Suncom <number>@tms.suncom.com

Rogers Wireless (Canada) <number>@pcs.rogers.com
  4. pkx
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    The problem with sending via email is that people can't simply reply and have it come back to your phone.

I was able to send SMS via BT on my old Siemens phone.... even with the keyboard, selecting multiple recipients with a real mouse (ctrl+click) saves significant time. The ability to never take my phone out of my pocket when at my desk is quite convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkx
    The problem with sending via email is that people can't simply reply and have it come back to your phone.
    you can always just change the setting in the reply to field, so that when ppl reply it goes to your phone.

I would create an account just for this.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    another problem with email is going over SMS char limit
    Treoing & Loving it
    mobile.yahoo.com
    Does anyone know what the email addresses would be for australian providers like Telstra, Optus or Vodafone would be?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    you can always just change the setting in the reply to field, so that when ppl reply it goes to your phone.

I would create an account just for this.

Exactly, But since I have chatter when people reply I still get them, because it returns to my email. As for the character limit, well...keep it short.

Thank nm