1.    #1  
    http://powervision.sprint.com/music/content/

wasnit it possible to use blazer to download mp3s into the sound app and have it converted?

i cant do that anymore. hmmm

so, how do u convert an mp3 to something the treo can play?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Someone posted a link to it...it's called 'audacity'. It's freeware and it allows you to convert mp3's into wav or midi. I use it to crop mp3 songs and then put them into a folder called 'ringtones' on my sd card to play with Ringo. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Or you can also just hotsync the mp3s to an SD card and then use mRing to play them as your ringtones...
    cannibal can you explain that to me? I'm looking to make my own ringtones outta mp3s I have.....
    Let's see.. I think there's an app called "mpTrim" that will let you trim your existing MP3 files down to however long you want (and whatever section of music/lyrics you desire).

Basically after you get the MP3 to what you want, just drag the MP3 file over to the PalmOne Quickinstall icon on your desktop and you should get a screen popup that says that the MP3 file will be downloaded to your SD card the next time you sync.

Then if you have Ringo or mRing (my personal choice between the two) you launch that application on your treo and select what songs you want as your ringtones. mRing lets me select songs on the SD card, and it lets me customize ringtones for any contacts I have.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Someone posted a link to it...it's called 'audacity'. It's freeware and it allows you to convert mp3's into wav or midi. I use it to crop mp3 songs and then put them into a folder called 'ringtones' on my sd card to play with Ringo. ;-)
    t2,

Audacity, the windows app? I downloaded it, but dont see a way to convert it to midi.

or, is there another app?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    t2,

Audacity, the windows app? I downloaded it, but dont see a way to convert it to midi.

or, is there another app?
    I thought it allowed conversion to midi but it doesn't look like it (I only used it to crop mp3's for ringo).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve