1.    #1  
    Hey All

I'm a New Treo 600 owner, and need a Battery for my 600 that my Cousin gave me. Looked on Ebay, and a couple of Treo Web-Stores, but the Web-Stores don't show any, and Ebay only has NON-OEM batteries. Rather Not go NON-OEM, I Fly RC Heli's and Planes with Lipo's So I KNOW What can Happen to the Batteries...

So I'm Wondering if the Treo 650 Batteries will work, that way I can Easily get OEM Batteries.

Thanks!!!

Brad
    I don't think so without some type of 'fiddling'. I replaced my 600 battery (BTW-it works great and it was cheap) and it has a cable that connects it to the motherboard. The 650 batteries don't have that connector (because you just drop them in).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Yeah, the batteries are about as different as they can be in that regard. A lot of users (myself included) have replaced the battery for their 600. I would go ahead and choose your flavor and order one off ebay (You can go as high as 2000mAh I believe)

edit: Out of curiosity, what sort of battery issues do you experience in RC?
    Last edited by RawsonDR; 10/30/2005 at 10:11 PM.
    You touch that battery, son, and you'll get your answer, alright:

in the form of a burnt and charred finger.

Go ahead, try it out. It's so nifty; it will fry the battery, short it out and burn your finger all the same time.

One stop shopping, as a Slashdot poster would say.
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
  5.    #5  
    Hey All

Thanks for the Replies!!!

Can you recommend a Battery Sell on Ebay??? Rather Not Go with SomeOne that Nobody's tried out.

So the 600 Battery has a connector that Plugs into the Main Board??? If it Does it might be worthwhile to Charge the Battery in my Lipo Battery Charging jar. That way if it does go up, it won't take the Apt with it...hehehe

Is it Hard to Remove the 600 Battery??? Is there a WebSite that shows How To Do It???

Thanks!!!

Brad
    Quote Originally Posted by bgotori
    Is it Hard to Remove the 600 Battery??? Is there a WebSite that shows How To Do It???

Thanks!!!

Brad
    For starters...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74863
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    Hey RawsonDR

Sorry forgot to Reply to your RC Battery Question.

I've seen 10s4p go up in a 330(Plane)... Burned it Completely(Down to the Wheels)... Wasn't Pretty. Thats why I carry a Heavy Burn Proof Blanket Now.

I've seen a few 6s3p Burn on the Field Benches, they Burned right through the Table.

I've had a 6s4p Burn up in my Battery Jar(Charger Fault)... I unplugged it before it stopped Burning, and Touched the Jar as soon as it stopped Burning too see how Hot the Jar got(this was without the Lid). Funny the bottom for the Table wasn't even warm... That Jar was Hot, but I could Pick It up.

Do you know of any GOOD Treo 600 Battery Sellers(WebSite, Ebay)???

Thanks!!!

Brad
  8.    #8  
    Hey Insertion

Thanks!!! Going there Right Now!!!

Thanks Again!!!

Brad
    do you have to get a 2000mah or can you get a 1700mah will that battery do well?
    Quote Originally Posted by NLF Trainer
    do you have to get a 2000mah or can you get a 1700mah will that battery do well?
    I just replaced mine with the 1700mAh battery, and so far its working great. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2000mAh kept it functional longer, but its also (I think) twice the cost.
    I would opt for the larger one if you can.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve