Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone using this with tivotogo and what's your experience with it?
    AutoPilot
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I have been looking for something like this....
    Now that's cool, please keep us posted on how well it works.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Man, no Mac version :/
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Nice find! I tried tivo2mpeg this morning, it works perfect, easy install, & easy to use, I havent tried tivo2palm yet to see what format it converts the files to.
    HTC Touch Pro
    wow, users please speak to your experience with this application, could be a nice convenient way to do what I've been wanting to do for a while.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, finally have a free minute to play with this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this appears to only allow one to create Rules for items which have already been recorded on one's Tivo as opposed to applying the rule to a season pass?

Will post more of my experience later but as we all know, it takes a while to test these big file tools.
    Sitting here now watching an episode of Law and Order on my Treo 650. I downloaded and used Auto Pilot and converted to mpeg...but had an audio/video delay issue. I've since gone back and started using the Tivo2Palm and it's great. Totally in sync, 320 x 320, not a problem. Great little program.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
  9.    #9  
    Ok, I set up a test rule last night to download an episode of Enterprise and convert it to Palm.

It tried to download EVERY Enterprise episode on the Tivo and threw an error on the conversion of each?!?!?!?

Anyone else see this behavior?
  10.    #10  
    Spent more time test driving this over the weekend. See very little usefullness to this as the download rules are only good once and have to be setup every night. That's no more use to me than using the tivotogo interface right before I go to sleep. Also, in using the conversion rules, when converting down in screen resolution, the file size was the same and the resolution seemed to be off when viewed on my Treo.

Better to spend time nagging Tivo for this type of functionality then to waste time on TVHarmony.

Please email those issues/concerns to Will at tvharmony@gmail.com
    He is very responsive to input and I am sure he'd be very interested in the corrections to be made.
    I have been talking to him about making AutoPilot for ReplayTV owners. He's a great guy.
    Last edited by Markito; 11/14/2005 at 05:25 PM.
    ~'kito
  12.    #12  
    I certainly will. I am also going to try TCPMP a try with TVHarmony, per a discussion on a Treo board, and post my experience. I want TVHarmony to empower my Tivo.
    Glad that you are open to contacting Will.
    Everyone will benefit from it.
    ~'kito
    Hi,

I just wanted to jump in here with a couple of things in regards to our software, TVHarmony AutoPilot. First, we know the documentation is weak at the moment (or close to non-existent) so I apologize in advance for some of the frustration some of you have had trying to use the software. We're working on putting together a userguide and FAQ, as well as modifying our UI to make it easier to setup and use.

Our whole premise in creating the software would be that you'd set up some simple rules once, and then let AutoPilot do the rest. We still have a ways to go, but we're getting closer with each release.

Specifically, when you create a rule, you can either specify for it to download an individual show or download an entire series. If it's a single show, it will delete the rule when it is done (in an earlier release of the software there was a bug where when you selected a single show, it would download all the episodes of that show and then delete the rule, which has caused a lot of confusion). If the users selects an entire series, it will continue to monitor the Tivo on a nightly basis and download only shows that it hasn't previously downloaded. Each rule can also have a custom set of actions to perform so for instance on one of our test machines, it will download each episode of The Simpsons, convert it into a Palm compatible device, remove all the commercials, and then move it into a folder called the Simpsons.

Our next beta release, hopefully within the next couple weeks, will greatly expand the range of options to specify which files to download. Tivo provides a lot of information that we access, so forseeably you could specify something like "Download all Movies with Laura Linney" or "Download all shows with the keyword "SF Giants" in the summary". Right now you can only specify a whole series (there is a tip on our forums for users who want to download everything as well), but it definitely needs better options.

We still have some work to do on the Tivo2Palm conversion process. We basically designed the software blindly without having access to any video-capable Palm devices, and we have been relying on users to give us feedback. We've been getting a lot of Palm users so with funds we've generated from donations, we're buying a couple of Palm products so we can better support the development of the product for Palm users.

I think with tweaking the options in the Tivo2Palm conversion and some trial and error, users can use the software right now, but I'd really like to see it be very simple for someone with no video codec experience be able to get good results the first time, and provide advanced options for people who want to customize it with the absolutely best results. We're uploading a new version tonight (Beta1 v07) with some conversion bug fixes including a major fix to get the commerical removal detection working properly, but if we didn't fix the problem you had in screen resolution resizing, hopefully we'll be able to get it in the next bug fix rev.

Longer term, we'll also create a Tivo HME app which will let users create the same rules while sitting in front of the television, which should be pretty handy. We also want to automate the other end of the process such that you set up priorities on which shows you prefer, and when there is extra room on your SD card, it automatically uploads those shows on the card. We also want to get a Mac version out next year, which should be pretty cool.

Let me ask you this; what other software should we be testing with besides TCPMP and MMPlayer? Is the built in media player that comes with OS5 worth supporting?

Regards,

Will
    Quote Originally Posted by TVHarmony
    Let me ask you this; what other software should we be testing with besides TCPMP and MMPlayer? Is the built in media player that comes with OS5 worth supporting?

Regards,

Will
    the built in player for the treo650, not sure about the treo600 plays mpeg1, mpeg4, & 3gp (anymore? help me out guys )

me personally I use your tivo2mpeg program to convert my tivo programs to a regular mpeg, then I take the mpeg and drag and drop it to this program , It coverts the mpeg into a 3gp file I'm thinking a tivo2-3gp app might be a good idea for you, because there are several regular cell phones that support the 3gp format (bigger audience)
    Thanks for the tip!

Perhaps a Tivo2Phone that specifically encodes the file into 3GP might be pretty handy for some users.
    i just tried firing up tivo2palm on my laptop here, and it wants to connect to my tivo to verify the media key. what's up with that? i'm at work, my tivo is at home and not accessible via a direct tcp/ip connection.

can i bypass the connection to the tivo? is it going to ask me that every time?
    anything like this for comcast dvr?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo18
    i just tried firing up tivo2palm on my laptop here, and it wants to connect to my tivo to verify the media key. what's up with that? i'm at work, my tivo is at home and not accessible via a direct tcp/ip connection.

can i bypass the connection to the tivo? is it going to ask me that every time?
    When you set it up you have to give it the media key. It's so it can be added to the any converted file so if a lot of files end up on P2P tivo can track it to your acct. and ***** slap you.
  20.    #20  
    Ok, if you have Tivo 2 go and use TCPMP here are the best settings I've found for the Treo 600:

Default settings are:

-Choose Palm of course
    -Choose 160x160
    -for video, choose 'Better'
    -for audio, choose 'average'
    -choose Two pass compression
    -choose Remove ads

This results in about a 50 meg file for a 30 minute show and plays quite well.

KUDOS to TVHarmony! This app ROX!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast